Old March 2, 2001, 00:03   #1
[LordLMP]

Chiron Chronicles Discussion
Better if we talk here then in the story thread or the admin.

Rules:

its more of a Political/Diplomacy type of game. get into the story by either writing some news clips, messages to whoever from whoever, actions, discussion, dreams to planetmind, personal thoughts, descriptions, short story and etc... anything that gives details, or an idea of whats going on.

Can acquire the map at the admin, and list of bases and co-ords. all base on the xplanetx map. but i think i need to fix it, showing X :/ but the game map file should work thought... if you don't have Alien Crossfire, then i just have to get the world map link working :/

Free Drones:

They have a strong industry and good size military, mostly comprise of cheap units. They have at the moment a single Sea Base and a small navy.
They are in good relations with the chiron alliance. they are in a treaty with spartans since the beginning...except some territorial problems concerning the Borehole Cluster, which the Free Drones controls, but was resolved, especially after the Hive was able to cross Free Drone territory to attack spartans and pillaging Centurion Caves. Spartans helped with the blockade against the Hive. Free Drones may have a treaty with spartans, but ideally, they don't like spartans either because they have run a police state, mistreat drones, and slavery. But Drones not interested in two front war, so make friends with one and fight the other. Free Drones was at war with the Hive since the Free Drones split off from the hive...until recently. After the planetary council, Hive ask for truce with Drones and started negociation for a Peace Treaty, which neither side expect to really happen. Hive needs it because they are busy with something else and Free Drones needs a time to rest because holding the Blockade up puts heavy stress on the military(and defending against Mind Worms/Locusts/etc), with Hive constantly attacking/raiding.
Pirates have three Elite Rover Units that was helping with the blockade, and disguise as Free Drone units so Spartans don't find out about the Pirates...which they have now after the Planetary Council. Drones does a lot of trading with Pirates...pirates also use Free Drone terrority for their probe teams to operate from against Spartans.
Also recently, after the blood truce, Spartans remove its units from the blockade and started establishing another Blockade line along Free Drone/Spartan borders.

-LordLMP

-LordLMP
[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 01, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 08:01   #2
Cyber
Warlord

Local Time: 07:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010

LordLMP: Just curious. Did you take the character of Braddock from battlezone 2 ?
Cyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2001, 16:29   #3
Christantine The Great
Prince

Local Time: 00:34
Remember there can't really be very good relations between the CA and the Drones. Planetmind is pissed off at them because of their rampant pollution.
Christantine The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2001, 19:37   #4
[LordLMP]

well, the relations are peaceful and good relations with pirates, but less than good with the Cyborgs and Planetmind. If they didn't have the pollution problem and have switched to Green Economy, they would of been part of the Chiron Alliance quite quickly.
They would try, but they can't switch economy because they need the industry to support military s they can defend themselves properly against the Hive and Planetmind, and because thats simply how they are :P

As for name of Braddock, yes, i got it from Battlezone 2 Trying to base the character on that character but not to cause a civil war and does support the U.N. Charter, just stresses it a bit and finds the loopholes. and use ta have a wife and a kid at High Commission Was a scientist before he joined the military and supportive of the Pro-War beliefs. Can also see why he can go bit overboard at risky his troops lives

-LordLMP
[This message has been edited by [LordLMP] (edited March 02, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 20:48   #5
[LordLMP]

*blinks*

i thought is supposed to devastate U.N. SeaQuest, not completly destroy it :P Thats the third Peacekeeper base, and the third base on the whole planet, to be oblirated. PKs have such bad luck.

also, what a political mess :P Thats the first Nuclear Blast on Planet aswell. Anyway, I say the blast only destroyed everything in the single square which SeaQuest was and half damage among the surrounding squares. Can't it be stronger than a Fission Planetbuster. One square is about 500x500 km.... or so. maybe less.
Old March 3, 2001, 01:07   #6
[LordLMP]

Would of been nice as to why and how this Brian became leader of the Free Drones? Also, why would the Free Drones declare war on the Hive, when their military is unprepared and when Hive have just offered blood truce? Before you asked for control of Free Drones, i got Free Drones to accept the truce, giving them time to reorganize its military and to deal with the Planetmind problem, who have been popping worms and fungus and then attack free Drone bases because of the pollution created.

Don't simply say something out of nowhere without any useful details as to whats going on. do have to be realistic and other players need to know whats going on, especially when it may effect other factions like the Spartans, Pirates, and Hive And various situations like the Spartan/PK thing. So atleast edit your post on the intro of Brian as new leader with some more details? and to why they will simply turn around and try attacking the Hive? you do have to place some realities aswell. like the Hive is bigger than the free drones, base and population wise. Hive military is almost twice the size of free drones. SOME Hive units ma of move away from the Hive/Free Drone borders, but doesn't mean they are at the other side of the faction. Free Drones have the Mindworm problems winthin their borders to deal with aswell.

don't want to look like tough, but i don't want a player to pop something out a bunny out of its hat, want them to do if they can with valid make sence details. it is a diplomacy game of SMAX

-LordLMP
Old March 3, 2001, 20:08   #7
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame
Beyond the Sword AI Programmer

Local Time: 18:34
I've found www.rhyme.lycos.com
to be a usful on-line utility.
has functions like:
Related words (ie finding a "longer" version of a word, for when you get bored with using three and four letter words or if you don't want to use the same word too many times in a paragraph)
Simialler Spellings (can be used for spell checker)
Definition
Quotations (From famous writings and peoples)
And ofcourse rhymes (For example you want to make a poem about miriam, what the hell rhymes with miriam?!, a quick check reveals "bacterium" and "delerium" heheh)
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2001, 02:46   #8
Cyber
Warlord

LordLMP: Well, devastated...destroyed. Lets just say that the Spartans estimated that the base would be devastated, but they got it wrong and instead it was completely sunken one square is enough for damage.
Three PK bases have been obliterated, and all by Spartans

Old March 8, 2001, 09:05   #9
[LordLMP]

Cyber, how many foils you have there? Sure built many in a period of one year, and more ground units and building up an air force. Spartans being Industrially handicapped, how can you get so many units so quickly?
And i have pirate fleet coming towards the spartans and spartans didn't detect them yet? ok

Oh, and i "refresh" my site, so should be showing the map on the Admin site.

-LordLMP
Old March 8, 2001, 09:41   #10
Cyber
Warlord

Sorry if you got confused with the "Massive fleet" thing, its rather a sizeable fleet , you can see the numbers from Admin.The Spartan scout fleet was built a long time ago and the 1st expansion fleet entered service in mid 2180 mission year.
The construction of the ground units began even earlier, and the Air units were built in the Spartans three biggest bases, round the clock you could say
And, about the pirates, as I mentioned in my post, the Spartan fleet stopped inches outside PK territory, so they have detected the Pirate fleet but donīt have a problem as they havenīt violated anything, yet.
Old March 9, 2001, 17:35   #11
[LordLMP]

I don't mind I created Braddock and now you get to play him, and i am okay with that Maybe not i can put more concentration towards my Pirates :P Do you have the map?

But better if i tell some my plans...some which i am only hinting, or else it wouldn't be a surprise for Cyber, and other details which doesn't show on the map and so on.

-LordLMP
Old March 9, 2001, 18:48   #12
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Thanx!

Er... no, I don't have the map yet. I also don't have Alien Crossfire (YET!). I noticed that you seem to be using the "official" map of Planet though, so I guess i can figure things out on my own if I have to...

Also, yes, you should still play out (or have a "chat" with me about) some of your plans, since obviously I don't know what they are... For instance, I have NO idea what kind of deal Braddock made with the Hive...

Guardian
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2001, 22:36   #13
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:34
Welcome to the game Guardian.

god dag, hilsen!

I would like to apologize for my sporadic involvement over the last few days, but I am sad to say it will not get better- I may be gone for a week in a few days or in a few weeks, I am not sure when. In that case, if the University is at war, please only take one of the colonial cities because Zakharov with Morgan and Santiago's help can easily defend the rest of his lands to the Cyborgs and Angels.

If you have any other questions, please ask, I will next be avaliable Monday.
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2001, 01:53   #14
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Hi guys!

Been following your story for some time now, and... well, I finally got myself registered on these excellent forums, and so I'd like to join in!

I'd be interested in taking over the Peacekeepers. Both of them if possible, but if LordLMP wants to keep general Braddock, then I guess I'll settle for Lal... your call. Either way, I've got some ideas already and... well, I'm looking forward to it!

I'll be seeing you around!

Guardian
Old March 10, 2001, 11:09   #15
[LordLMP]

Thats why I have listed all the coordinates of all bases and crossfire landmarks. I can also make some gifs screenshots too if you prefer.

Hotmail is down, darnit! Which Faction is to blame for sending a Probe Team to Hotmail?

well, i'll email ya with my yahoo account then

-LordLMP
Old March 10, 2001, 12:35   #16
Cyber
Warlord

To answer your question LordLMP: No, the Spartan reactors arenīt built like bombs, but the ones on Freighter Apollon were special .

And Blake, you said that the Cult forces landed three squares north of UN Haven City. The border between Sparta-PK is somewhere near it, and the Spartan fleet is at the sea border, so they are able to see with radars whats happening there quite well, and it would be logical to think and assume that a force of that size would sustain atleast some damage if attacked by locusts .
Old March 11, 2001, 17:11   #17
Cyber
Warlord

Sorry people, but I wonīt be able to write for a couple of days. I know things are getting hot in Sparta VS the rest of the world , and I would like to ask you to consider time stopped in that front. I have a few plans that would probably be ruined if any reinforcements/unexpected moves would be added into the equation
Thanks!

Cyber
Old March 12, 2001, 11:13   #18
[LordLMP]

Well, thats the fun! I have things plan to surprise the Spartans, and wouldn't be surprise if you know about it

-LordLMP
Old March 12, 2001, 12:12   #19
Cyber
Warlord

LordLMP, what did I say in my last post?
Please, donīt do anything decisive in the Sparta VS PK front, as i wonīt be able to write anything to the story the next couple of days.To tell you the truth, I would have attacked the pirates and the peacekeepers by now, but I havenīt got the time to write the posts, and much of my plans are depending on things like the first blow. Have patience, my friend...

Cyber
Old March 12, 2001, 17:01   #20
[LordLMP]

So much for conventional combat..... I know, but Planetmind went a bit extreme thought. now there Antimind in middle of the battlelines.
How interesting.

-LordLMP
Old March 12, 2001, 17:04   #21
[LordLMP]

Another thing, missiles, even Fusion ones, don't have unlimited range. And Fungal Missiles, even old alien ones, don't carry a whole army of Mindworms.

Locusts, no matter how fast, cannot get from Haven City back to Fossil Field Ridge for the Pirate battle against the Spartans.

Just old yourself back Planetmind :P and Anitmind :P don't go to extremes now.

-LordLMP
Old March 12, 2001, 17:10   #22
[LordLMP]

I know what you said Cyber, but still wanted Pirates to attack first. Its just long range artillery attack. Was living some room for your spartan fleet to respond after being nailed by bunch of missiles.

of course, planetmind made it worst, giving the spartans less room. And Antimind making the whole battlefield unconventional. Don't mind plot of fungus, but mindworms/locusts/spores instantly showing up? Come on

and like i said previous post, missiles cannot shoot that far, but will overlook it if there wasn't any instant mindworm army.

also, Chiron Alliance hasn't officially declared war yet. Peacekeepers has and Pirates have done so by striking the spartans fleet first.

-LordLMP
Old March 12, 2001, 18:18   #23
Blake
lifer
PolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of Fame

I must agree that a fungal missile wouldn't create mind worms. What it would do is seed a patch of land with fast growing fungal spores, and knowing fungus it could only take days to reach maturity. It must also contain a fungal tower seedling/hatchling which would also grow quite fast. But because of the towers relationship to fungus it cant be very big without being in a big patch of fungus. It's a "nexus" and is supported by the fungus.

Ofcourse they do spawn worms *over time*, and they DO extert ZOC blocking.

And yes, the cultists are positivly drooling over the prospect of a big patch of fungus.

btw with Psi combat I think that the Spartans should actually get a -2 morale penalty when fighting against native life. They are trained to beat the crap out of humans not worms, and the policy of native extermination means the Spartans must fear the native life (if they admit it or not), and fear is what psi combat is all about.

Also another idea, planetmind has every right to be pissed with the Cult, why? Well in effect the Cult has enslaved planetminds "people", or it could be thought of as a religous conversion, ofcourse the mindworms aren't terribly unhappy to be fighting for the cult. In contrast I think any worms helping Lal or Roze are still planetminds, they are just helping out, but could bugger off at any time, which is not an option (or desire!) cult worms have.

Also I think Sven has "enslaved" or "converted" some isles.
Enslaved from the POV of planetmind, and converted from the POV of the human faction.

The advantage of a "converted" worm is that it cannot leave or betray, and it works closer with the human forces (for a combined arms approach).

Trained worms are considered to be citisens of the faction which built them. They can also be equiped with spiffy enhancments, allowing higher attack ratings, +10% per +1 planetrating. While a planetmind worm is all natural and fights with no attack bonus.

That's just some of my random thoughts...
Old March 13, 2001, 07:11   #24
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Technically, the Peacekeepers haven't officially declared war yet either, they've just said they want the Spartan war machine destroyed and that the use of military force "can no longer be ruled out". But... I guess there's really not all that much of a difference, and besides... the UN Navy is about to join up with the Pirates to attack the Spartan Fleet, so I guess the formal declaration of war is right around the corner!

As for Planetmind's attack on the Spartan fleet, I too feel that this seems kind of "rushed". You've pretty much finished the entire attack without giving your opponent any chance at all to respond, and... well, that's just not the way we do things here, or at least I don't think it should be.

Also, even if Antimind somehow did manage to bring an "army" against them, General Braddock and his men would be laughing their buns off right about now. They have prepared their defenses to meet a massive Spartan invasion and possibly even counter-attack, and now the Antimind is coming to "wipe them out" with a couple of mindworms! Doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the story, now does it?

Guardian

Old March 13, 2001, 12:01   #25
[LordLMP]

Okay, i will make my ruling. Don't like doing this, but its to keep the story stablelize, and not overexgerated or going overboard. Christine can edit her messages if she like, but this is my official ruling:

-Locusts is still at Haven City to recover and not part of the Battle of Fossil Field Ridge.
-Will let Fungal Missile strike happen, giving a three by three fungal patch, but no more attacks which in the game would be out of range. a early Fungal Tower is allowed, but not instantly Great and instantly growing mindworms, that takes time and they don't start out as Great Boils.

Sorry, but its a bit extreme and overboard. I and Darkcloud already been giving Planetmind and Antimind enough leeway, but not that much. The mindworms may not be ready at the beginning of the war, but they may show up later from that large patch. Anyway, already created a obstacle, ruining the direct rush route to War Outpost.

Don't anyone to be overpowering.

As for techs, i am sure various factions atleast used Alien Artifacts to get some new tech.

-LordLMP
Old March 13, 2001, 15:54   #26
Blake
lifer

I cashed an artifact to complete the Xenoempathy Dome - it did say no crawlers or rushbuying but I think an artifact is somewhat appropriate considering the SP.

I don't know what the secret deal is between the Cult and Antimind, but I like it already, big patch of fungus in enemy territory + xenoempathy dome.
Old March 13, 2001, 17:53   #27
Clear Skies
Prince

Local Time: 05:34
Can I call for a diplomatic update?
I'm getting a bit confuzzled you see.
All I want to know is who is at war with any party within the Chiron Alliance.
Oh, and who is playing which faction and which ones are currently uncontrolled.
Thanks.
SF
Ooh, plus, sorry if you think I'm overpowering. I kinda figured I should be somewhere around the same tech level as everyone else (being Cyborgs and therefore having +2 research - oh and running Knowledge for a total of +4) but I'm trying to go for defensive techs (silksteel alloys for instance) rather than offensive. After all, Aki Zeta-5's a passive sorta gal, so i thought i'd go for defensive stuff.
also, i have to have some way of staving off the university/morganites - as it stands their armies are way stronger than mine, despite me having reasonably big garrisons in all my bases.
I did use one alien artifact, but I thought, with that many pods around to pop, we're bound to get some.
Also, are the Progenitors going to be making an appearance here?
[This message has been edited by SMAC Fanatic (edited March 13, 2001).]
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2001, 21:40   #28
Blake
lifer

The Cult diplomacy stats:

Leader Cha Dawn (Who has grown up from the SMAX Cha Dawn)
SE: Police State / Green / Power
Sub leaders:
Diplomatic channels: Quezer
Science Leader: Mutu
Current "leader" of cult army in PK territory: Psi Talent Betts

Current Diplomacy:
Pro-War PK's: Military Pact, you could say (co-ordinate units to beat spartans)
Spartans: Vendetta
Believers: Truce
Gaian's: Treaty
Pirates: Truce? Treaty? No formal stance? But anyway some friendship potential, if anything because Sven's running Green, which Cult likes, and Cult running Power, which Pirates like, atleast in the game.
Planetmind: Truce
Antimind: Unknown
Others: Neutral/No Diplomatic stance. Altough Cult does have contact from the council meeting.

Only real previous diplomatic event was when the Cult captured a Cybernetic Probe team and probably used them for unwilling test subjects. (didn't you ever want to know how psi effects Cyborgs?) But that was 60-70 years ago.

No other history from actual Chronicle, but I decided the Gaian's have a treaty with the Cult (they have no reason to fight) and in the early game the Cult and the Believers had a bit of a skimish, mainly because believers running off to join the Cult. Miriam don't like so she declares vendetta against the Cult. Believer army gets chewed up in a fungus field where worms have a massive advantage. In the end the Believers too scared to enter fungus, and the Cult too scared to leave fungus. So they declare truce, go home and it's been like that ever since. Except now the Cult has continued expanding down over Unity Wreck, so good potential for hostilities.

A point of interest, at some earlier stage Cha Dawn had experimented with Planned and Democratic policies, it was a true disastor, population boomed and Cha Dawn was so horrified with the result that they have been PS/Green ever since. So population is higher than what you may expect from green, but now there is basically 0 population growth.
Old March 14, 2001, 01:45   #29
[LordLMP]

Cyborg: SMAC Fanatic
Data Angels: Argonaut (I think, starts with A anyway :P sorry...)
University: Darkcloud
Pirates: LordLMP
Morganites: None
Free Drones: None
Hive: None at the moment
Believers: None
Gaians: None
Peacekeepers: Guardian
Spartans: Cyber
Planetmind/Antimind: Christine the Great

As for the Aliens, they won't be arriving for a bit and no one interested enough to play them. We are about to have the first Chiron World War, so aliens not the best of idea at the moment :P Rather have one player for each aliens before considering having aliens.

Cyborgs, Gaians, Pirates, Peacekeepers and Data Angels are all Pact Together as the Chiron Alliance. Pirates just surprised attacked the Spartan Fleet and since there wasn't any formal relations, Pirates don't get any negative diplo integrity. so rest of the Chiron Alliance will soon declare war on the Spartans.
Things are starting to heat up in the Central Continent, and especially Eastern Continent, which all hoot will go on.
I don't see the Morganites as offensive, or wanting to get into war. They are allies with University. because of it and distrust data angels, they do reinforce their borders due to rise of problems which is heating up.
University may declare war, surprise attack and so on, but Morganites not seriously into the idea of war. Bad for the economy and their trade. But will fight when drag into it. They don't seriously have anything against the Cyborgs, despite anti-cyborg propaganda from University. But they do reinforce their Morgan/Cyborg borders as they are allies with the Data Angels. I don't see a huge of war happening on the central continent as on the Eastern Continent. Think the Morganites as the Ferengi in startrek.

-LordLMP

Old March 14, 2001, 09:00   #30
Cyber
Warlord

Ahh, back again.
Chris, whats with that fungal missile? Flying half around the planet and making a 3 square patch, great boils of mindworms and locusts immediately spawning? Donīt understand wrong, the Spartans appreciate the help but still...
LordLMP and Guardian, I tested the scenario in Smac, of Spartans attacking the PK, according to the data given by LMP.As a extra ALL PK units were commando.
The result were truly stunning. The Spartans pretty much destroyed the Peacekeepers border, intercepting and Defensive units in one turn, with less than moderate damage taken to themselves.The peacekeepers made the same mistake as the Polish army, at the beginning of Secong World War. They put most of their army on or near the border. The Germans destroyed them unbelievably fast with the blitzkrieg, which the Spartans are using too.
Only the Cult forces gave some problems.Though i didnīt take the reserve units into count, but they couldīt have even acted, and as I understand they are hiding more to the south.

Anyways, back to playing wargames ...

[This message has been edited by Cyber (edited March 14, 2001).]