Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 21:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Man Tells Cops that his Pot was Stolen!
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...003-86156.html

Quote:
DUBLIN, Ga. - A school bus driver who reported an apparent burglary at his home, also told police someone took his marijuana.

John Randolph, 29, made the call Monday, according to a Dublin police department report. When officers arrived, Randolph said a thief took four "dime bags" of marijuana, along with a .22-caliber pistol, a gold necklace and $30 in change.

Officer Michael Milton reported that he asked Randolph about the marijuana again to make sure he heard him correctly.

The bus driver repeated what he said and then showed Milton a small box on a bedroom dresser where he said he kept the marijuana.

Randolph told the officer he was "saving the marijuana to smoke when school was out," according to the police report.

Dublin police Capt. Zeke Hobbs said Randolph was not charged with a crime. No one was arrested in the burglary.

Dublin schools operations director Sam Barrs, who oversees the bus system, said Wednesday he was investigating the incident.

"We are not going to condone this at all, by any means," he said.

Randolph, who is not an employee with the school system, works for McLendon & Sons Bus Service. Harold McLendon, one of the family owners, said he also was checking into it.

Detective Sgt. Tommy Cobb, who also went to Randolph's home, said it was the first time he ever heard of anyone reporting a marijuana theft.

"I asked him, 'Why are you telling us you had marijuana?' " Cobb said. "He said he was always told to tell the truth."

Randolph declined to comment.

Some people are just so stupid that they become funny
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old May 9, 2003, 05:26   #2
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 14:05
/me thinks he smoked it all, and forgot about it in his stoned-edness.
Old May 9, 2003, 05:48   #3
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:05
I'd like to how the cops were able to stop laughing long enough to arrest him.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old May 9, 2003, 05:53   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 01:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: Man Tells Cops that his Pot was Stolen!
Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...003-86156.html

Quote:
DUBLIN, Ga. - A school bus driver who reported an apparent burglary at his home, also told police someone took his marijuana.

John Randolph, 29, made the call Monday, according to a Dublin police department report. When officers arrived, Randolph said a thief took four "dime bags" of marijuana, along with a .22-caliber pistol, a gold necklace and $30 in change.

Officer Michael Milton reported that he asked Randolph about the marijuana again to make sure he heard him correctly.

The bus driver repeated what he said and then showed Milton a small box on a bedroom dresser where he said he kept the marijuana.

Randolph told the officer he was "saving the marijuana to smoke when school was out," according to the police report.

Dublin police Capt. Zeke Hobbs said Randolph was not charged with a crime. No one was arrested in the burglary.

Dublin schools operations director Sam Barrs, who oversees the bus system, said Wednesday he was investigating the incident.

"We are not going to condone this at all, by any means," he said.

Randolph, who is not an employee with the school system, works for McLendon & Sons Bus Service. Harold McLendon, one of the family owners, said he also was checking into it.

Detective Sgt. Tommy Cobb, who also went to Randolph's home, said it was the first time he ever heard of anyone reporting a marijuana theft.

"I asked him, 'Why are you telling us you had marijuana?' " Cobb said. "He said he was always told to tell the truth."

Randolph declined to comment.

Some people are just so stupid that they become funny
Old May 9, 2003, 06:49   #5
Thue
Freeciv Developer

Local Time: 03:05
Last night they had a one hour program on Danish public radio. Part of the theme became legalizing marijuana. People could phone in, but during the entire hour every person who phoned in were in favor of legalizing mariuana. Note again that this was not some obscure radio station, but program 1 of the states radio service.

Don't be surpriced if mariuana is legalized in Denmark in the not so distant future.
Old May 9, 2003, 06:59   #6
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Thue

Don't be surpriced if mariuana is legalized in Denmark in the not so distant future.
They can't, there's international treaties in place that prevents them. That's why in Holland it's still illegal according to the books. The most they can hope to accomplish is to deciminalize possession, and turn a blind eye to it's use and distribution. We need international cooperation in order to change the existing treaties, and that's not likely to happen with the US being so paranoid about pot use. Maybe in 20 years, not now.
Old May 9, 2003, 07:10   #7
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 02:05
Possession of small amounts is effectively decriminalised in the UK now.

We've got both kinds
Old May 9, 2003, 07:12   #8
TheStinger
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

I think i reality they would like to go th ewhole hog and legalise it 2 problems though

1.Daily Express/Mail
2.USA
Old May 9, 2003, 07:22   #9
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

Yeah, very true. I'd like to see it's sale moved to licensed premises to get kids away from dealers.

Probably can't be legalised but could go along the Dutch model.

US is a problem though.

We've got both kinds
Old May 9, 2003, 07:28   #10
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
Possession of small amounts is effectively decriminalised in the UK now.
It looks like Canada will soon be decriminalizing possession, perhaps as soon as next month. Everyone seems to be clueing in to the futility of prohibition except for the US. And there's even a few states that are coming to their senses. IIRC, Alaska has decriminalized simple possession.
Old May 9, 2003, 07:32   #11
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

You think the whole alcohol prohibition thing might have given the US an insight into the problem.

We've got both kinds
Old May 9, 2003, 08:25   #12
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
You think the whole alcohol prohibition thing might have given the US an insight into the problem.
So true, so true...

Heaven forbid that we should look back in history and learn from it...
Old May 9, 2003, 08:38   #13
Willem
Emperor

Here in London, Ontario, there's now three stores that deal exclusively with grow equipment and supplies. And I doubt very much if their customers are growing tomatoes in their basement. So there's probably small operations all over town. I had mine running for 5 years, and no one suspected a thing. Trying to stop it is like trying to make your way through a brick wall by hitting it repeatedly with your head. As long as there's a demand, there'll be a supply.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:06   #14
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

Ming, at least you aren't trying to ban it.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...952292,00.html

We've got both kinds
Old May 9, 2003, 09:09   #15
Japher
Emperor

I say a Peoples Court once where the man suing wanted $300 bucks back from his son because he was suppose to by cocaine with it, instead the son went out to dinner with his girlfriend...

Whether or not it should be legal is a different matter than knowing it's against the law... That guy is an idiot...

I guess pot really does make you stupid

I wonder what my excuse is?
Old May 9, 2003, 09:11   #16
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

No Brain, no pain. (about the guy in the story, not you japher )
Old May 9, 2003, 09:12   #17
yavoon
Warlord

yah the murder prohibition thing has failed pretty horribly too. I think we should just repeal that.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:14   #18
TheStinger
King

Quote:
Ming, at least you aren't trying to ban it.

http://education.guardian.co.uk/high...952292,00.html
Oh my God what a dickhead.

I don't think the state should pay for jug eared tony blair supporters but hey what can you do
Old May 9, 2003, 09:18   #19
TheStinger
King

Quote:
Originally posted by yavoon
yah the murder prohibition thing has failed pretty horribly too. I think we should just repeal that.
what a stupid argument
Old May 9, 2003, 09:19   #20
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
That's ridiculous logic, pot has never killed anyone. You've been watching Reefer Madness to many times. Of all the recreational drugs that people use, it's about the least harmful. Even more so than alcohol and tobacco, yet they're perfectly legal. It even has some medical benefits.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:22   #21
yavoon
Warlord

no actually it brings up a valid pt. ur trying to convince ppl who think its wrong to smoke pot that we should repeal it on the basis that the ban "isnt working." u dont make laws of convenience.

see cuz wut ur really saying is "weed isnt harmful." but ur wrapping it up in this piece of crap excuse about "enforcement not being successful." and when I use the bad analogy about murder that comes out pretty quickly.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:25   #22
TheStinger
King

It isn't working because the vast majority of people think its a stupid law. People IMHO think muredr laws are on balance good.

I don't think weed is harmless but i certianly don't think its worse than tobacco thats why the law sucks and thats why people ignore it.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:25   #23
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

Quote:
Ok, that's a troll but I'll fall into it.

The reasons pot has effectively been decriminalised in the UK are as follows:

1. It's not a major cause of other social problems. You don't often get people stealing/mugging etc to buy marajuana and you get fewer gang related shootings in the marajuana smuggling/dealing rings than in say heroin/crack.
2. It's highly widespread. Whenever they do surveys there are always about 50% of young people who've tried it and an estimated 2,000,000 regular users in the country.
3. Policing pot smuggling and dealing is a huge drain on very limited police resources.

So the choice was made to redirect the police resources into harder drug trafficing which cause many more social problems for instance heroin and crack which cause huge social problems in muggings and robberies. Plus there is a huge public perception (in this country) that smoking a few joints isn't really any worse than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. Also at the same time there are always improvements and extensions being made in drug education teaching. One of the problems there has been is this "all drugs bad" message of drug education. Which is true but it needs to be honest or kids don't believe it. Some drugs are worse than others. Some drugs are bad and legal.

I don't see this as any different to what happens when the police spend more time and effort investigating murders than they do investigating shoplifting or something.

We've got both kinds
Old May 9, 2003, 09:25   #24
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
no actually it brings up a valid pt. ur trying to convince ppl who think its wrong to smoke pot that we should repeal it on the basis that the ban "isnt working." u dont make laws of convenience.

see cuz wut ur really saying is "weed isnt harmful." but ur wrapping it up in this piece of crap excuse about "enforcement not being successful." and when I use the bad analogy about murder that comes out pretty quickly.
It's a stupid law for a number of reasons, not just the futility of enforcing it. That was just the first thing that came to my mind at the time.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:26   #25
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
"He said he was always told to tell the truth."
Yeah, but you don't need to volunteer the info, moron! Did the cop ask if you had any weed in there? No! Do point at every fat guy on the street and say, "hey your fat!" No!

I am reminded of that old SNL skit where that hippie is hocking boxes with the ad line, "You can put your weed in here." Then the cop comes a long, "You can put your weed in here, err.. well not in this one see," opens it to find some pot in there... "Oh well maybe this one, but don't check that van, there is definitly no weed in there..."
Old May 9, 2003, 09:28   #26
Japher
Emperor

Yeah, but if you legalize it all those pot farmers will have to start paying taxes on it!!!
Old May 9, 2003, 09:29   #27
yavoon
Warlord

there's "futility" in lots of laws. heroine, murder, child abuse, etc...do u think the way to solve these is to decriminalise them? u just need to giveup on the futility of enforcement thing. cuz when someone thinks something should be illegal they aren't gna be like well "since ppl do it neway" I guess I"ll make it legal.
Old May 9, 2003, 09:33   #28
TheStinger
King

Laws become futile when the majority don't agree with them.

that aint gonna happen with murder
Old May 9, 2003, 09:38   #29
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
u just need to giveup on the futility of enforcement thing
What? We don't even successfully enforce them anymore. Ppl sit on death row for 60 years, then die of natural causes... Most ppl only serve half their sentences... If we would just kill the ppl we are suppose to we'd have enough room to fit all the rest...

No one is scare of getting caught becuase they know what their sentence might be, and the know it will get reduced...

What ever happened to Work Camps?

Oh, no, I'm going to prison, I hope they get ESPN2!
Old May 9, 2003, 09:39   #30
Willem
Emperor

Quote:
there's "futility" in lots of laws. heroine, murder, child abuse, etc...do u think the way to solve these is to decriminalise them? u just need to giveup on the futility of enforcement thing. cuz when someone thinks something should be illegal they aren't gna be like well "since ppl do it neway" I guess I"ll make it legal.
Read my posts before you get on your high horse. And I repeat:

Quote:
It's a stupid law for a number of reasons, not just the futility of enforcing it. That was just the first thing that came to my mind at the time.
I could list several, but obviously your brain has become stuck in first gear, so I won't bother.