View Poll Results: How much fighting have you done?
I've been in lots of fights. 4 13.33%
I've been in a few fights. 17 56.67%
I've never been in a fight. 8 26.67%
I killed a man over a banana. 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 10, 2003, 00:29   #31
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 18:09
Local Date: November 1, 2010
a while back in october i almost got into a fight after a party at someones house. this one guy has always had beef with me for no reason(ok, i made some photoshops of him as alf, cause hes got a big nose). i basicly just ignored him but he wanted to throw after this.

As im walking away from the party he yells at me and has a bottle in his hand. he gets up into my face and everything and starts circling around me. i just continue to walk and then he throws the bottle at me. good thing he was drunk or it would have hit me. i just turn around pull out a baseball bat from my back pack(you never know when youre gonna need one) and hit him in the knee knocking him to the ground.

so basicly hes just riving in pain i walk away him yelling at me calling me a *****. whatever, i didnt care. Later the next day i hear that he had to be carried back to the house by some people there and they all laughed at him for being a dumbass and picking fights with people. he wanted to go again afterwards but i basicly just dropped off the face of the planet in relation to that group of people.
Old May 10, 2003, 00:36   #32
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 04:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
mrt144, what a dumbass for getting so excited about one picture, and then having to have to get drunk before being 'brave' enough. What a loser.
So you carry a baseball bat in your backbag? How nice!

What a loser this guy must be, shouting after you hit him with a bat.. some guys never learn, I guess. Then wanting to fight you again? I wouldn't take that fight, since the odds are he's bringing something else than a bat.. Of course you could accept it and then just drive over him with a car when he's waiting there for you, ready to get down to it . Maybe he would still yell 'come back you sissy!'.. I don't know.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old May 10, 2003, 00:41   #33
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 21:09
I forgot that I've also been in a couple of fights in my sleep, but those hardly count, since the guys I beat up were also asleep and never really stood a chance. You can't be expected to defend yourself adequately against a deranged sleepwalking opponent when you've just been rudely awakened at 3:00 AM -- you're usually far to groggy to even realize that you're awake (and not just having a nightmare).
Old May 10, 2003, 00:42   #34
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

actually it was 3 pictures...each getting progressively more insulting.

but yeah, i havent talked to that group of people for the last 7-8 months. they werent really worth hanging out with considering they remained friends with this dumbass after all he has done.

and actually if i did see this guy again and he was in the crosswalk and i was in the car, i wouldnt hesitate to run him over.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:15   #35
Kidicious
Deity

Local Time: 17:09
I beat the tar out of some drunk who had broken into my hotel room when I was 18. I had been partying with him that night, and I was kind of drunk too. He broke the door and kind of trashed the room.

Anyway, bad memories. Yelling loud works great. The guy didn't really have a chance though. He did walk away though. I called the police to report the break in. A few days later I went to the station to ID the guy. One side of his head was swolen pretty bad. Luckily, he didn't press charges against me.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:24   #36
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 01:09
Last real fight I was in was back in high school. A kid (about 30 lbs heavier than myself, and stronger) thought it'd be funny to throw ice at me during class. Over and over again.

After class, I walked up to him outside and he started ****ing with me some more. I basically just said nuts to that and wrapped up with him, got around him to his back, and basically put him in a choke hold such that he ended up on his knees w/ me choking him out. Funny ****, really.

Outside of that, the last sparring-type fight I've been in was a Muay Thai fight with a kickboxer, ended up beating him pretty badly.

Of course, on the other side of the spectrum, a year and a half or so ago I broke my arm training NHB with friends, which was really uncool. I have a friend who has done Muay Thai and BJJ for about 12 years who totally rips me a new one.

Recently, I got to fight with the Texas Lightweight MMA champion, who's also a pro-boxer, and he pretty much tore me up. Actually, he tore me up to the extent that I ended up stumbling to my car and driving home dazed with no shoes on.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:26   #37
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
I don't know if David Floyd has had some fighting. I put my money on him beating us all if fight with no rules and no weapons.. I think he would submit my sorry butt, but I'd like to try
I'm not that tough, you're probably around my level from what you've said, at least in terms of ground fighting.

My grappling has pretty much gone to **** over the past year or so (haven't been able to train heavily until recently due to physical constraints). My striking is still pretty decent, though.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:27   #38
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 02:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Albert Speer
damn for real cruddy? were weapons involved? .... get crazy. maybe i should be more careful though
No weapons. Just martial arts (no formal tuition, just experience from an early age).

Yes, be careful. I thought the opponents were just average teenage punks on the make - turned out they were Kung Fu students on the make.

I NEVER fight one on one - it's just not fair to the other guy. (Unless the one is a monster greater than I...)

No I do not live up north. East Midlands. I am, however, an undercover northener (no accent).

I am NOT proud of this episode - but if it happens again, I'd do the same things - just quicker.

No more questions please. I've already had Ming on my case once this week and I don't want to get booted.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:31   #39
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
Fighting in sleep?

A mate of mine once went to a party in a second floor apartment where he and the others got really hell drunk. They woke up the next morning and one of them had a black eye and bruises all down his side. They spent about half an hour arguing about who had beaten him up, then one of them went out to the balcony where he looked down and saw his car with the roof stoved in.

Somehow the drunken partygoer had fallen off, managed to crush the top of the car, and crawled back up the stairs without remembering anything.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:31   #40
Pekka
Emperor

David Floyd, Don't flatter me too much. I'm not very good at stand up, plus my shoots are not super fast. More like Mark Kerr types of shoots, I try to be accurate and strong.. but I don't think I'm at your level in ground game. I don't have BJJ experience, and my backround might be too old school in the ground game. I can't see myself winning it, only hang on a bit before I totally gas out, or maybe hold on for so long that it'd be no contest.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:31   #41
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Yes, be careful. I thought the opponents were just average teenage punks on the make - turned out they were Kung Fu students on the make.
Kung Fu is OK, but if you get into a fight w/ a kung fu student, remember two key elements - keep forward pressure on them with strikes, and go for the takedown. They won't stand a chance unless you play their game. Just go straight in with punches, knees, elbows, and thai kicks, wrap up, and take them to the ground.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:34   #42
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
David Floyd, Don't flatter me too much. I'm not very good at stand up, plus my shoots are not super fast. More like Mark Kerr types of shoots, I try to be accurate and strong.. but I don't think I'm at your level in ground game. I don't have BJJ experience, and my backround might be too old school in the ground game. I can't see myself winning it, only hang on a bit before I totally gas out, or maybe hold on for so long that it'd be no contest.
I don't have great shots either. I mainly rely on wrapping up, and working leg sweeps and the like to go to the ground. If someone shoots on me, I either sprawl and knee them in the head a few times, or just go straight to the guard and hit the guillotine.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:37   #43
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 10:09
Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd

I don't have great shots either. I mainly rely on wrapping up, and working leg sweeps and the like to go to the ground. If someone shoots on me, I either sprawl and knee them in the head a few times, or just go straight to the guard and hit the guillotine.
I didn't know you were a boxer, David. Or do you fight all comers?
Old May 10, 2003, 01:39   #44
Cruddy
Warlord

Tricky against multiple opponents who are in fighting crouch... But thanks for the advice.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 10, 2003, 01:39   #45
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
I didn't know you were a boxer, David. Or do you fight all comers?
I train NHB - no hold's barred fighting. Basically the martial arts I've studied in the past include Kenpo Karate, TKD, JKD, Wing Chun, Brazilian Jiujitsu, Valetudo, Muay Thai, and boxing. I'm best at striking, in my opinion, but I can hold my own on the ground.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:40   #46
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 19:09
I have been in only two altercations,one as a little kid, whci I lost cause the other kid smahsed his lunchbox on my head, and the other in middle school when someone took my bookbg and threw it over a fence. Since the fight took plac right in front of some teachers, it ended very quickly, no winners.

Thankfully, since then I have never been in any situations were fighting was even remotely likely.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old May 10, 2003, 01:40   #47
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Tricky against multiple opponents who are in fighting crouch... But thanks for the advice.
My advice for fighting multiple opponents - buy a good handgun and shoot their asses. If 2+ people are coming after you, I'd say there's a reasonable expectation of grievous injury or death.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:41   #48
Pekka
Emperor

Yeah, that would have to be my strategy as I would find out your decent striking compared to mine . I don't think I'd go for the guillotine too easy, but guard maybe.

I usually only sprawl against shoot, Shamrock style as my great idol . I'm not that good naturally in it, but I can hold on for a while, though against superior striker it's not that great. I don't see myself submitting you at all, so I'd have just go for GnP and try to work my way to half mount. I hate mount position, so I'd try to go for 69 and knees to the head, Heath Herring style, but it all depends if I can get good shots in and get out of that guard but.. What am I talking about? I got completely carried away. I give you a secret tip, if you are decent on top, you want to come into my guard, it's not that good .

But you would trash me in stand up.. plus I haven't been very active in a long time, so .. you're really over estimating me.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:43   #49
Oerdin
Deity

I admite that I killed a man but it was only because he touched my banana.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:45   #50
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
I don't see myself submitting you at all, so I'd have just go for GnP and try to work my way to half mount.
I have pretty good submission defense, but you never know. Like I said, I've lost a lot over the past year. GnP is sorta my thing too, though - I'd rather beat someone senseless than submit them.

Quote:
I hate mount position, so I'd try to go for 69 and knees to the head, Heath Herring style, but it all depends if I can get good shots in and get out of that guard
Definitely. I don't like full mount either, never have. I prefer either side mount or fighting from the bottom in guard. I've caught people more than once with a high guard that transitions to a kick in the face. "Oh, so you're trying to decide whether to look for the armbar or the triangle? Well, how about a nice kick in the nose instead"
Old May 10, 2003, 01:46   #51
Cruddy
Warlord

No, buying a handgun is out - the prices on the black market are ridiculous, and it's an automatic 5 years in the slammer. What I have invested in is some body armour (totally legal here) and a few sets of paraboots.

Most multiple groups of drunks aren't the problem - it's when the little tykes have been practicing in concert I have problems.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 10, 2003, 01:49   #52
Pekka
Emperor

It always keeps surpising me how willingfully these guys risk getting kicked in the face when they're on the top maybe standing and trying to do something.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:51   #53
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
It always keeps surpising me how willingfully these guys risk getting kicked in the face when they're on the top maybe standing and trying to do something.
Most people don't think that the guard is offensive, and certainly not offensive in terms of striking. Easily exploitable misconception, that.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:54   #54
Pekka
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd

Most people don't think that the guard is offensive, and certainly not offensive in terms of striking. Easily exploitable misconception, that.
Very true. People without experience think you lost if you are on your back, when they don't realize that might be exactly what you want and they can be the ones controlling and make the attacks. But even in pro circles, like in Pride for example, fighters with experience and skills seems to be going so close basically asking for getting kicked in the face.. and they often do get it too.
I remember Sakuraba vs. Allan Goes.. that Brazilian guy. He basically punished Sakuraba with continuous kicks from the position and Sakuraba didn't know what to do, it was kind of ironic and funny scene.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:57   #55
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

I've never been in a REAL fight. A couple of minor altercations, and once a couple of punches, but never anything really serious.
Albert Speer
Old May 10, 2003, 01:58   #56
Cruddy
Warlord

Final post - I live in one of only 2 areas in the UK where armed police patrols are routine. This is due to the high number of shootings in the area. The really clued-up search engine folks can now narrow my location to 1 of 2 areas - big deal.

However, none of these shootings has resulted in a fatality in the past 3 years. Guess they're not very good at aiming.

This is my final post on this forum.
Old May 10, 2003, 01:59   #57
David Floyd
Emperor

Pekka, I just remember what Royce Gracie did to Kimo from the guard - grabbed him by the hair and punched the hell out of him.
Old May 10, 2003, 02:00   #58
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

"This is my final post on this forum."
why?

oh wait - you won't be able to respond to that, will you?
Albert Speer
Old May 10, 2003, 02:02   #59
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruddy
No, buying a handgun is out - the prices on the black market are ridiculous, and it's an automatic 5 years in the slammer. What I have invested in is some body armour (totally legal here) and a few sets of paraboots.
Heck, if you want a gun just go to TJ and you can buy a saturday night special for around $30 but don't blame me when the thing blows up in your hand. Post 9/11 it would be a lot hard to get back north as well. I can remember the good old day when if you were white they didn't even bother to ask you for ID much less search you for drugs or weapons.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 10, 2003, 02:03   #60
Kidicious
Deity

Local Time: 17:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I admite that I killed a man but it was only because he touched my banana.