Old June 24, 2003, 09:32   #91
N35t0r
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversDiplomacyScenario League / Civ2-CreationPtWDG2 Latin LoversC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPSPB Team EspañolC4WDG Spamyard TeamBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 22:11
Local Date: November 1, 2010
good!!!

if you manage to catch the newly-spawned stacks more often, then it will greatly relieve both you and comrade Shakakov's front... this will ease the inevitable liberation of the glorious Rodina occupied by the fascist scum...

Progressive Game ID #0023
Old June 27, 2003, 14:32   #92
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 20:11
To whoever is in charge (I still think it is FiGu):

You may want to unfortify the planes in Perekop because if you don't they don't get a 'scramble' bonus against enemy air attacks!
Old June 28, 2003, 06:02   #93
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 03:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Comrades! Operation Liberating the Oil and Operation Flanking Damage will begin this turn for my part.

Should i capture Bucharest(or try to capture) in the first attack, or wait until the event comes of the surrendering of the romanian army?
Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
To whoever is in charge (I still think it is FiGu):

You may want to unfortify the planes in Perekop because if you don't they don't get a 'scramble' bonus against enemy air attacks!
ok, ill do it.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Last edited by FiGu; June 28, 2003 at 06:20.
Old June 28, 2003, 12:09   #94
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I say wait with capturing Bucharest, it will make your job so much easier moving west from Stalingrad once you can turn off the romanians. You can always go after ploesti first.
Old July 1, 2003, 06:12   #95
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Here you see the advance of the red army!

here is the landings of the red army.

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old July 1, 2003, 09:42   #96
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 01:11
Good luck Comrade, and congradulations on your offensive in the Ukraine itself. You have the facists trapped in a nice little pocket in Stalino, it's nice to encircle them for a change.
Old July 1, 2003, 13:06   #97
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Now THAT, is a thing of beauty!
Old July 2, 2003, 19:23   #98
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Indeed!

The Fascists flee from the Rodina!

Soon we shall liberate our comrades and punish prisoners in Siberia.

Well done FiGu!
Old July 31, 2003, 10:29   #99
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

General Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov was gravely wounded while leading his troops on an offensive into the outskirts of East Prussia earlier this summer and had been recuperating in an army hospital. The marshal has called him into action to command the 2nd Ukranian Front while its commander too was incapacitated and faced a serious threat of German counter-offensive.

General Anzyakov quickly cleared out swaths of German troops and retook Zaporozhye. An offensive on Stalino could have been effected that month as well, but the roads were in no condition to help an offensive. However the orginal commander has been reinstated and General Anzyakov's fate is unclear. There seems to be a retirement on the Murmansk front though...

Last edited by The ANZAC; July 31, 2003 at 22:30.
Old July 31, 2003, 20:36   #100
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

What about the situation on the Rumanian coast?
Old July 31, 2003, 22:30   #101
The ANZAC
King

Reinforced; not strong enough yet to move on Ploesti. Our beachead seems secure.

Last edited by The ANZAC; August 1, 2003 at 17:58.
Old August 1, 2003, 12:00   #102
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 02:11
Can't we take Ploesti first? It would give us a nice source of money every turn!!!
Old August 1, 2003, 17:58   #103
The ANZAC
King

sorry I meant Ploesti. Too heavily defended
Old August 3, 2003, 05:30   #104
FiGu
Prince

*imitates Terminator 3* "I'm Back!"

Old August 19, 2003, 13:46   #105
klesh
King

Local Time: 21:11
Comrade Figiskovsky, what is the status of the Stalino pocket? The 1st Ukr's left flank is currently exposed to attack from the Southwest, though there does not appear to be any immediate danger. When can we expect the fortress of Stalino to be smashed such that we may fully clear the Ukraine. I am not in the position to offer any forces there as much of my army is far to your northwest. However, I will be happy to commit forces that are being prepared in the Kursk area for the upcomming German summer offensive. They are not strong as of yet, but they may help to strangle the salient north of Stalino.

-Vasili Kleshnikov.
Old August 28, 2003, 08:44   #106
FiGu
Prince

The Current situation in 2nd Ukrainian Front.
Stalino Pocket totally destroyed!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ukraine.gif
Views:	66
Size:	3.4 KB
ID:	52068  

Old August 28, 2003, 11:18   #107
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 02:11
Very well doen, comrade Figiskovsky!!!! Finally, we have retaken this piece of Russian soil. Now our oilfields and the great city of Stalingrad are safe.
Old August 28, 2003, 17:44   #108
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

If I'm not mistaken I see a pocket occupying that bridge on the river Don. Until we pulverise the pocket, we still need to defend Stalingrad.

Do the Nazis spawn on that point?

Has Dnepropetrovsk been recaptured?

Do we have any plans to retake Odessa, or will we focus first on Ploesti?
Old August 29, 2003, 10:07   #109
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
If I'm not mistaken I see a pocket occupying that bridge on the river Don. Until we pulverise the pocket, we still need to defend Stalingrad.

Do the Nazis spawn on that point?

Has Dnepropetrovsk been recaptured?

Do we have any plans to retake Odessa, or will we focus first on Ploesti?
Obiwan, did you switch to the proper winter turn with the batch file? I could have sworn the bridge was gone. And I believe thats what Marshall Sorokin reported at the beginning of LAST turn.

Check that out again, I believe the bridge is history.
Old August 29, 2003, 10:12   #110
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

This was lifted directly from Marshall Sorokin's post at the beginning of the January (Last) turn:

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
"The Don river freezes in the harsh Russian winter and the pack ice crushes the German pontoon bridge erected near Stalingrad last Summer."
Old August 29, 2003, 12:44   #111
klesh
King

I think he might be reffering to the image posted which shows a pocket of fascists.
Old August 30, 2003, 13:21   #112
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Yes, of course I'm referring to the image.

Why would I have access to the save? I'm no longer a front commander, and I don't have a working civ2 cd.

Glad to hear we have cleared out the pocket. Just make sure you edit the image.
Old August 31, 2003, 07:20   #113
FiGu
Prince

hmm, actually, that pocket near Stalingrad is a couple of Hedgehog's that can't be destroyed at the moment..

Old September 8, 2003, 20:55   #114
Iasius
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyrion
And I don't think there is an upper limit to how many you can kill in one hit (except the maximum number of units in the game minus 1 ), as I once killed 96 germans at once! That was sweet...
I know this post is from some time ago, but I just wanted to report that in my recent game (deity) of red front I killed 277 German units in one stack outside perekop in December '42. Made the front a LOT easier to hold.
BTW congrats on getting to german soil so fast. Got Berlin only in June '43.