Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oedo (3)
Scouse Gits (3)
War4ever (3)
LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464
Old May 13, 2003, 02:34   #182
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 04:12
God, I'm gonna shoot myself if Trip gets in. Sure, he has been a nice poster, but he cares for post-count waaaay too much, as he does admit, and he has spawned all those Demogames, that are truely the spawn of Satan!
Old May 13, 2003, 03:14   #183
Rogan Josh
Prince

Local Time: 02:12
Divide my votes (ie. max each) between :

Che
Big Crunch
Lincon
Old May 13, 2003, 03:17   #184
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 01:12
hmmm... let me think...

it'll have to be

MRT
Mr Fun
Boris Gudonov

Cheers
Matt
Old May 13, 2003, 03:23   #185
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

My votes are

Spiffor (3)
GePap (3)
Willem (3)
Old May 13, 2003, 03:33   #186
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 03:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Solver
God, I'm gonna shoot myself if Trip gets in. Sure, he has been a nice poster, but he cares for post-count waaaay too much, as he does admit, and he has spawned all those Demogames, that are truely the spawn of Satan!
Indeed.

Don't ask who taught me that habbit.
Old May 13, 2003, 03:35   #187
OldWarrior_42
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
notyoueither
The Mad Monk
Oerdin (because he wants to be in)

4 pts. each.
Old May 13, 2003, 03:39   #188
Worthingtons
Prince

Local Time: 01:12
I'd have voted for Oerdin , in fact he was my first choice, but he just didnt make it into my list somehow.....
Old May 13, 2003, 03:40   #189
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 19:12
Quote:
Demogames are actually pretty fun. Have you ever joined one?

I honestly think people like him have contributed most to the Apolyton CIVILIZATION community which is ultimately what this site is based on. He deserves much more a spot in the HOF, like him or not, than many of the silly OTFers who have really done nothing but just spam in this forum.

Note, I am NOT generalizing as there are very intelligent people in the OTF who make very well though out posts and arguments. Those people deserve recognition. However, there are some people who I really wonder what the hell they've done to be on the HOF...

(oh boy, I'm going to make a lot of OTF enemies today...)

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 13, 2003, 03:52   #190
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 17:12
Okay here are my real votes:

Zylka
Spiffor
DanS

Your Mommas

Mis Novias
Old May 13, 2003, 04:13   #191
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 13:12
Quote:
Wholeheartedly agreed. Sure, I'm in 2 demogames, but recently I have seldom posted in either. Even in the CtPDG I only post once everyother day.

Demogames are boring. I've moved on to CtP scenario making now
Old May 13, 2003, 04:23   #192
Frozzy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
I honestly think people like him have contributed most to the Apolyton CIVILIZATION community which is ultimately what this site is based on. He deserves much more a spot in the HOF, like him or not, than many of the silly OTFers who have really done nothing but just spam in this forum.

Note, I am NOT generalizing as there are very intelligent people in the OTF who make very well though out posts and arguments. Those people deserve recognition. However, there are some people who I really wonder what the hell they've done to be on the HOF...
Wake up and hear the music!

Civilization isn't JUST Civ III. Remember Apolyton was mainly a Civ II site before any of the Civ3ers came along, and most, nay, virtually all of the so called "silly OTFers" who have dedicated themselves to the Civ building comunity for years, some from before 97. People who post in the OTF now mainly were big Civ II players back in the day. Because newer people seem to generalise Civ as Civ III, they forget about all the people back in the Civ II days who did so much but were forgotten.

Trust me. There are about 50 people more worthy than Trip to get into the Hall of Fame. Demo Games are popular. Is it 200+ in the Civ3 one now? If it wasn't for Demo Games Trip wouldn't even be on the points list. I want to know who these people are you say have done **** all to help Apolyton. Be honest. You've been here 5 months. You probably haven't even heard of any of the people who aren't in the HoF but helped Apolyton through the times when trip was a verb, not an adjective meaning the same as egomaniac.

I'm ashamed by these types of comments people make.
Old May 13, 2003, 04:26   #193
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
hmm, could I still change my vote?
-
How are DEMO annoying if you're not in one?
Old May 13, 2003, 04:27   #194
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Frozzy
Demogames are boring.
... says the man, who wears 2 demogame civgroup logos.
Old May 13, 2003, 04:29   #195
Frozzy
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph

... says the man, who wears 2 demogame civgroup logos.
Selective reading?
Old May 13, 2003, 05:12   #196
Harovan
staff

Quote:
Selective reading?
Rather the advice to wipe the foam off your mouth and stop calling the kettle black. I partly even agree, that there are people more worth to enter the Hall of Fame than Trip. And I also practically left every Demogame I was involved in, usually at the point, where the roleplaying and spamming took the lead over the gameplaying. I didn't vote for Trip and probably never will. But I consider the usage of the fact, that Trip likes to participate in democracy games as a sign, that he doesn't deserve to enter the HoF, just as plain silly.

The HoF, as it stands, is just an Off Topic popularity contest. Any involvement of an On Topicer is seen as intrusion. But games are the main topic of this site, and power to the gamers, meaning On Topicers! Like it or not, but Civ3 is one of the most recent games and naturally will attract more people than the classic games. To compensate this fact, the votes of the oldtimers have a much greater weight. But if Trip wins even with this handicap, he has every right to enter the Hall of Fame and you should acknowledge this fact, if democracy has any meaning for you.

By the way, I found your "newbie" attitude towards Master Zen amusing at the very least. The fact, that you are here twice as long as he, doesn't make you a veteran, just like the fact, that I'm here about twice as long as you doesn't make me a veteran either.

Oh, and Solver, when you shoot yourself, don't shoot in your head. This ruins the wallpaper. Not a nice view, I assure you.
Old May 13, 2003, 06:15   #197
aaglo
King

Who's the poor guy that voted for me...

gimmeabreak...
Old May 13, 2003, 08:12   #198
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I consistently voted for Trip since I'm voting in HOFs because I am an early DemoGamer, and I know how much efforts Trip has done to set them up.

While I can understand that Solver doesn't like them (and hence doesn't like Trip ), I think that anybody who enjoys DemoGames should be thankful to Trip and the huge amount of efforts he put in order for us to have our fun. Yes, the guy isn't perfect, yes he loves his postcount, yes he loves his ego, but is that a problem ?

I think it would be completely hypocrite to dismiss Trip's efforts because of this. Trip defnitely belongs to the HoF. Along with other great on-topicers like Googlie, Oedo, Paul etc. (actually, I just assume assume these people are great on-topicers : as I don't visit the Civ2 and SMAC forums, I have no idea of their real input)
Old May 13, 2003, 10:02   #199
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Quote:

Wake up and hear the music!

Civilization isn't JUST Civ III. Remember Apolyton was mainly a Civ II site before any of the Civ3ers came along, and most, nay, virtually all of the so called "silly OTFers" who have dedicated themselves to the Civ building comunity for years, some from before 97. People who post in the OTF now mainly were big Civ II players back in the day. Because newer people seem to generalise Civ as Civ III, they forget about all the people back in the Civ II days who did so much but were forgotten.
I'll see your "Civilization isn't just Civ 3", and raise it with Civ 3 blows chunks, and in no way can compare to Civ II MP.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:23   #200
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 21:12
The day I can get both Frozzy and Rasbelin PO'ed without saying anything... priceless.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:26   #201
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Or, better yet

Civ 3 Limited Edition Tin, when released: $64.99*
Dollar value of time wasted at Apolyton: $4,769.45
Seeing Frozzy and Rasbelin pissed without Trip doing a thing to bring it about: Priceless

*I know... I have one.

Edited by request of Trip.

Last edited by JohnT; May 13, 2003 at 10:35.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:30   #202
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta

You should have made that the Civ 3 LE Tin.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:41   #203
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Reismark
Alinestra Covelia
Googlie
Old May 13, 2003, 10:46   #204
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
I know... I have one.
Uhhhh... so do I. But I will say, the tin itself has provided more value than the game ever did

Last edited by Ming; May 13, 2003 at 10:59.
Old May 13, 2003, 10:53   #205
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

"But I will say, the tin itself has proved more value than the game ever did."

Sure does. I now have all my system manuals and hardware install CD's in the Tin. Keeps them baby-proof (well, that and the fact that the tin is 6 feet off the floor.)
Old May 13, 2003, 11:00   #206
Rasbelin
Emperor

Exactly Sloww! You have it all! All hail and praise Sloww!

Now back to Master Zen...
Quote:
I honestly think people like him have contributed most to the Apolyton CIVILIZATION community which is ultimately what this site is based on.
No way, newbie. 1. He has been since August 2002. 2. He has only participated in the Civ III community. 3. Well, he sure has contributed plenty of ham in tins with over 6000 posts in about 10 months.
Quote:
He deserves much more a spot in the HOF, like him or not, than many of the silly OTFers who have really done nothing but just spam in this forum.
Yet another stupid statement, newbie. If you claim many OTF members like e.g. Fez, Stefu, CyberGnu, Zylka, EvC, Eli, Sprayber, and Tiamat (pathetic of you not to credit her) have contributed nothing and that they only posts "stupid spam", by all means you can go and hump yourself, plus ask yourself a 100% PCR for all your Civ III DG spam, which is totally worthless to many great and good OTF threads.
Quote:
Civilization isn't JUST Civ III.
Exactly. Reminds me of...

* Guest has joined #apolyton
01:11:29 is this for Civilization III?
01:11:36 yes
01:11:36 no
Quote:
Remember Apolyton was mainly a Civ II site before any of the Civ3ers came along, and most, nay, virtually all of the so called "silly OTFers" who have dedicated themselves to the Civ building comunity for years, some from before 97. People who post in the OTF now mainly were big Civ II players back in the day. Because newer people seem to generalise Civ as Civ III, they forget about all the people back in the Civ II days who did so much but were forgotten.
I agree with you, Frozzy, on this one too. Many OTF posters are oldtime Civers that have simply quit years ago after Civ or Civ II, but stayed here for good OTF company. Now having Civ III newbies like Master Zen evaluating them all as "useless spammers" is plain stupid. Horsie used to be a very active Civ II player, which he still is, but now more seen here. However he sure deserves a spot in the HoF, unlike Trip, who in comparison has done little visible, except for some DGs which anyone else could have started. If there's any DG I value high, it's the ACDG which has been very pioneering. But I'll put that aside for now.

Over to Spiffor...

Quote:
I think it would be completely hypocrite to dismiss Trip's efforts because of this. Trip defnitely belongs to the HoF.
... says a fellow Civ III player.

And then a final stop at Sir Ralph...
Quote:
By the way, I found your "newbie" attitude towards Master Zen amusing at the very least. The fact, that you are here twice as long as he, doesn't make you a veteran, just like the fact, that I'm here about twice as long as you doesn't make me a veteran either.
I object that statement. I have followed Frozzy's journey on Poly ever since he came here last year and I sure lift my hat to him for not being like most Civ III newbies; ignorant about the world on Poly, outside Civ III. I have also been in touch with him in several different connections, but of a greater interest for this debate is that he has been very interested in all areas of Apolyton and also the past and general Poly history, like DC's ACS history. I know that he knows quite much as a matter of fact of the past like Area 52, the store fronts, EvC, etc. As well as oldies, as he has been interested in it. Last time I talked to him about some history issue, several months ago, he knew more about some things than I knew, which is just a sign of great interest, as I have at least been for quite sometime now, but don't yet classify myself as an oldie. So I do respect him and his knowledge, which undoubtely beats Trip, which has never been proven to be interested in anything else than Civ III and his DGs.
Old May 13, 2003, 11:07   #207
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Don't sugar-coat it, Rasbelin.
Just tell us how you really feel.

Old May 13, 2003, 11:07   #208
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 18:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
The day I can get both Frozzy and Rasbelin PO'ed without saying anything... priceless.
Old May 13, 2003, 11:14   #209
Jon Shafer

Raspberry, every word you type makes me more glad I'm here starting new DGs and ignoring the rest of the community. You really shouldn't continue giving me such pleasure in this way.
Old May 13, 2003, 11:16   #210
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

You need to join a Civ Group.
Come on! Get involved!