Old May 11, 2003, 23:51   #181
Ned
King

Local Time: 17:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen

As well as every other "bad" regime in history right?

I wonder who's going to solve the problem of a "bad" US government...
The are a lot of Americans who promised us that they would leave the US if Bush got elected. They are still here. All of them. But they, like you, see no good in the United States. Our internvention in Iraq is evil, to them, because Bush did it. Bush, a Republican.

I only wish these Bush bashers, like Sean Penn, would visit Iraq now and see how long they even survive. I bet angry mobs will tear them limb for limb because they supported a brutal dictator.

Master Zen, on the issue of Latin America not wanting us, I bet they do want us when law and order completely breaks down and mobs are wandering the streets. The people who want us are the avearage folk who simply want good government that will protect them and their property. The people of Latin American who do not want us are the communists and their allies who want to impose an egalitarian dark age on Latin America in the mold of Castro's medieval nightmare of abuse.

Think about it.

Why are you, Master Zen, taking the sides of brutal dictators, theives and communists against America? Are you one of these?
Old May 11, 2003, 23:58   #182
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:14
thats right... if you aren't with us, you're against us

what a crock of sh1t
Old May 12, 2003, 00:00   #183
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 19:14
Ned, you haven't even been to Latin America most likely, who the hell are you to know what they want and need???

YOU are the narrow-minded one who seems to brand everyone a "communist" if he doesn't share the US view of the world. Communism is dead buddy, it's dead everywhere in Latin America. Castro is the last one and he will surely be gone. You don't know squat about Latin American politics, ideologies, etc. all you are doing is blasting nonsense based on no fact whatsoever. I dare you, I really do, to come over, spend some time and then repeat exactly the same things you have been saying.

No I am not a communist, but thanks for asking I am a person who dislikes US interference in the foreign affairs of others. If that is "communism" to you, look in the mirror and see who's the one who's been brainwashed.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 12, 2003, 00:01   #184
Kramerman
Prince

USA! USA! USA!
Old May 12, 2003, 00:09   #185
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

right on Master Zen... America is infected with a large group of ignorant people that don't know what goes on outside of their own little worlds. Politicians have these sheep brainwashed into thinking the world is black and white. And it's unfortunate because these people also vote...

"Democracy requires an informed public" -- Thomas Jefferson

But our information is controlled and fed to us with the goal of selling more commercial time and getting higher ratings. Rags like FOXnews make their money by preying off of real, sacred emotions like patriotism and twist it into a blind following IDENTICAL to the kind of fundamentalism Osama bin Laden perverts from the religion of Islam.
Old May 12, 2003, 00:09   #186
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 21:14

USA USA USA !!! WOOOOOOOOOO

Better watch out Ming or this'll turn into an American babe thread. I am fiercly committed to preventing any criticism of my country and will defend it will google searches of the hottest girls in America.

USA USA USA
Old May 12, 2003, 00:11   #187
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
USA! USA! USA!
VIVA MEXICO

OUR GOVERNMENT IS FULL OF CRAP!!!!

(I mean it)

now THAT's patriotism

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 12, 2003, 00:13   #188
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
right on Master Zen... America is infected with a large group of ignorant people that don't know what goes on outside of their own little worlds. Politicians have these sheep brainwashed into thinking the world is black and white. And it's unfortunate because these people also vote...

"Democracy requires an informed public" -- Thomas Jefferson
As long as 1 person sees the truth...there is hope

Old May 12, 2003, 00:15   #189
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Quote:
I am fiercly committed to preventing any criticism of my country
build a time machine and go back to Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia... this is America... we don't need any more freedom-hating wolves in disguise...
Old May 12, 2003, 00:19   #190
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:

VIVA MEXICO

OUR GOVERNMENT IS FULL OF CRAP!!!!

(I mean it)

now THAT's patriotism
yes, your governemnt is crappy. Are you doing anything about that?
Old May 12, 2003, 00:21   #191
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
yes, your governemnt is crappy. Are you doing anything about that?
Is it any of your business?

Old May 12, 2003, 00:45   #192
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
It believes in certain general principles such as democracy and human rights. We patriotic Americans are willing to fight for freedom, for ourselves for the sake of others.
Then why has the US just as, if not more often (let's avoid a count ) supported dictatorship and oppression, when the dictators and oppressors were friendly to US ideological and/or commercial interests?

Quote:
Our patriotism is a belief that we can do good and have done good in liberating Iraq. When we succeed in liberating a people and bringing them freedom and justice from oppression and murder, we are proud. Such is American patriotism.
Then why is it that many of the people who espouse this line immediately find excuses for making Iraq a one-off exception, and finding reasons why we can't (won't) ever do anything about it - Zimbabwe, Myanmar, Sudan, dozens of other countries. Most of the same people who spout the "goodness" and "liberation" pablum also rationalize the relatively low pace of engagement and low level of financial commitment in Afghanistan by "we were only there to get rid of the Taleban and al Qaeda, anything else we do is a bonus." So why are these "good" "noble" "inclusive" folks looking for excuses to avoid having the invasion of Iraq become part of a consistent human rights doctrine?

You can't do this:

1. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
2. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
3. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
4. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
5. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
6. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator, oil, nobody likes him
7. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
8. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator
9. Human rights abuse, nasty dictator, no oil, but nobody likes them either and they have terrorists

and say, "Hey, lets go get number 6 and number 9, because we're really nice guys who hate human rights abusers" and expect anyone else to believe that nonsense.

edit - fixed number

Last edited by MichaeltheGreat; May 12, 2003 at 01:26.
Old May 12, 2003, 00:50   #193
Joseph
King

Local Time: 18:14
Just reading through.
Old May 12, 2003, 00:51   #194
Master Zen
Deity

Great post MtG but I fear Ned has been permanently brainwashed... one more poor soul lost to FOX news...

Old May 12, 2003, 00:59   #195
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
and say, "Hey, lets go get number 5 and number 9, because we're really nice guys who hate human rights abusers" and expect anyone else to believe that nonsense.
did you mean 6 and 9?
Old May 12, 2003, 01:03   #196
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Old May 12, 2003, 01:06   #197
Master Zen
Deity

How to know you have lost a debate: Rule #1

Note the technicalities. Ignore the substance.

Old May 12, 2003, 01:08   #198
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
How to know you have lost a debate: Rule #1

Note the technicalities. Ignore the substance.

I agree with his post, it was a genuine question...

Hmm... I shall note that you said this, and will be sure to bring it up... as you break down to this often...

EDIT: i wasnt even debating anything
Old May 12, 2003, 01:09   #199
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:

Is it any of your business?
does this mean no? true patriot you are indeed...
Old May 12, 2003, 01:13   #200
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:

Hmm... I shall note that you said this, and will be sure to bring it up... as you break down to this often...
yeah...ok...whatever. Put it on your sig so you won't forget

Old May 12, 2003, 01:15   #201
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:

does this mean no? true patriot you are indeed...
Did I say no? Nope. Enemies of the state do not reveal their plans, much less to citizens of other states.

Old May 12, 2003, 01:17   #202
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I don't see what Gene Hackman and Will Smith have to do with this muchacho.

Mis Novias
Old May 12, 2003, 01:18   #203
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:

Did I say no? Nope. Enemies of the state do not reveal their plans, much less to citizens of other states.
In that case good luck. your gonna need it to turn Mexico into anything decent.
Old May 12, 2003, 01:21   #204
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Master Zen, on the issue of Latin America not wanting us, I bet they do want us when law and order completely breaks down and mobs are wandering the streets.
We're doing just fine without Yanquis imperialism thank you.

Quote:
The people who want us are the avearage folk who simply want good government that will protect them and their property.
The US has never been involved in providing either. Partly cleaning up ****ups of your own creation (a la Noriega) doesn't count.

What you have done is horseshit like in El Salvador, where the Salvadoran people were used as pawns in cold war proxy games, and once the US lost interest, the thugs armed by the US and the thugs armed by the USSR got together as criminal gangs because they outgun the legitimate authorities. Or Nicaragua, which was invaded numerous times to keep things in line for United Fruit. The true ******* leaders of this hemisphere - Stroessner, Peron, Pinochet, Papa Doc, Batasta, Trujillo, etc. etc. have all been ******* buddies of the US government and commercial interests.

Quote:
The people of Latin American who do not want us are the communists and their allies who want to impose an egalitarian dark age on Latin America in the mold of Castro's medieval nightmare of abuse.
And everyone else, with the exception of a very few who've benefitted directly or indirectly from some form of colonial or neocolonial theivery or corruption. The middle class doesn't want you. Most of them would be happy to tell you the gringos what to do with their pinche Monroe Doctrine - "you Europeans **** off, we're the only imperial power allowed in this hemisphere" BTW, Castro isn't appreciably worse than Batista was, and in a lot of ways, he's better. Trouble is, Batista (and his wife) were paid whores of United Fruit and M. A. Hanna, and sold off Cuban resources for a song (and a 10% kickback for he and his wife). Castro nationalized what had been taken by graft. Therein the difference lies as far as the US is concerned - otherwise, they couldn't tell one banana country's brown skinned uniformed leader from another.

Quote:
Think about it.
The only thing I'm wondering is if this BS is just a troll.

Quote:
Why are you, Master Zen, taking the sides of brutal dictators, theives and communists against America? Are you one of these?
Any foreigner in his right mind has good reasons to be opposed to US arrogance and the US notion that it has the God-given right to do anything it wants to anyone in the world, if it's perceived to fit Yanquis interests. Saudi Arabia is the most oppressive regime in the ME by far, and the US has had it's nose up the Saudi royal's collective asses for decades, because they're our boys. Human rights and the Saudi people be damned. It's the same in the rest of the world - the US is interested in exact proportion to it's own strategic and commercial interests, no more and no less.
Old May 12, 2003, 01:25   #205
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
the US is interested in exact proportion to it's own strategic and commercial interests, no more and no less.
Yes, the US is guilty as charged... Just like most other countries...
Old May 12, 2003, 01:29   #206
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:

did you mean 6 and 9?
Yeah, I typoed it. When LTEC! is working on the real computer upstairs, I get stuck with this little crap computer with a normal straight keyboard, and I'm used to the more spread out ergonomic keyboards.
Old May 12, 2003, 01:29   #207
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:

In that case good luck. your gonna need it to turn Mexico into anything decent.
Luck is just a point in a probability curve. What is needed to turn Mexico, and EVERY other country for that matter into truly decent places is for their citizens to be educated, informed, and to stop buying all the BS they hear from the propaganda-machines of their country and any other.

Sadly, I don't see how some of you are contributing to your own country's welfare by thinking the way you do.

Old May 12, 2003, 01:30   #208
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

That doesn't sound very Machiavellian to me though.

Mis Novias
Old May 12, 2003, 01:32   #209
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

Yes, the US is guilty as charged... Just like most other countries...
but no one has a bigger mouth than the US in boasting itself as the savior of freedom and democracy. No one is saying other countries are innocent, but no one beats the US in spouting such BS rhetoric.

Old May 12, 2003, 01:33   #210
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Striker
That doesn't sound very Machiavellian to me though.
It is so un-machiavellian its machiavellian