Old April 18, 2001, 19:36   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 05:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
The Chiron Chronicle: Discussions 2
New Thread because 150 post limit reached:
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2001, 17:54   #2
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
Guardian: Added an OOC to my last post. Check it out and let me know what you think.
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19, 2001, 23:24   #3
[LordLMP]

The problem with the old tech formula is that we would be getting techs way to fast. And problem with percentage of resources/energy is that, can't let your economy percentage to low, especially if you don't have a good economy or a good infrastructure. else, the faction will bankrupt. if your industry/economy is currently very active in building stuff, upgrading, secret projects, and so on, where it would mean lot of resources are being concentrated there, then rest suffers like research.
so really, we just have to be reasonable and to make sence. nothing wrong to be behind in tech...

as for the time/dating and so on... i decided that it would be measured by the length of the thread. When we reach about 150-160 posts, we create a new game thread and he beginning of a new year. lot simpler.
One game week is made of 10 game days. one game month is made up of 4 game weeks and a game year is made up of 10 game months. 150-160 posts equals to 4 pages... so one page of a thread equals to 2.5 game months, quarter of a year. get it?

Old April 19, 2001, 23:49   #4
[LordLMP]

Spray, two rover units from Sparta Command? or do you mean TO? Sparta Command is in the middle of the Sunny Mesa landmark...Janissary Rock north of Sparta Command, south of the Upland Waste. Blast Rifle Crag is north-east of Sparta Command along the eastern coast. (so how could Kessel enter the base? also, Ironholm would be at other side of Spartan territory practicly... the base closest to Free Drone territory is Centurion Caves, west-north of sparta command, close to the Borehole Cluster, controlled by the Free Drones. War Outpost is 4-5 squares i think of the Great Dunes. and so on, but bit far from Sparta Command.... each square is 500km x 500km you know :P the Spartan Fleet is currently hiding beween the easterm coast of the eastern continent and that island...so in the Channel. Two groups of Nautilus ships (and some PK and two Data Angel foils with the southern group) are waiting for them at both the north and south entrances of the Channel. so the Spartan fleet closed in...and do remember that they are outnumbered and outgunned compare to the ships waiting for them...and Pirates have Cruisers :P.

Natan, i'm having trouble finding time to make any gif maps...so will be hard get a map of the Spartan and PK territory. even with the original map, the coordinates are the same. the only difference of the SMAC and SMAX planetx maps is that the SMAX map has the new Landmarks. coordinates shouldn't be a problem. and the list of coordinates of the bases are in the Admin thread, first page... (also need to update it a bit, but nothing at the Eastern continent.) also, there is nothing special. just shows where bases are, no terraforming or exact size of bases and so on.

-LordLMP
Old April 20, 2001, 00:33   #5
Sprayber
Emperor

I wrote that part about Kessel when I didn't have any idea as to the placement of bases. It's hard to visualize this when you are working without any clue as to placement. I used the coordinates from the check in thread to place bases on my continent with my scenereo editor. But I still would like the official map. As for the rovers. I must admit that my data on exactly what my units are is not very good. That's why I asked if anyone had any info on the spartans. I didn't even know where my navy was. All of the data in the threads were from before the war. I'm sure that a lot them are gone by now. So I'm kind of writing blind. I hate having to create units out of the air. The two rover units that I wrote about were from Sparta Command but assigned to the southern Army under Helzbburg. I figured since they were from SC , Helzburg may not be sure about them. Should I change it?
Old April 20, 2001, 04:13   #6
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 07:35
I believe LMP misinterpreted the words "from Sparta Command" and thought you were sending them from there right now, which you aren't...

Yes, the Peacekeepers would love to capture a high ranking Spartan officer, but he would have to surrender outright or somehow survive the destruction of his rover, perhaps being wounded or knocked unconscious or something. Otherwise, the PKs are going to shoot first and ask questions later... no attempt will be made to capture a Spartan who is "alive and dangerous"... (They'd sooner put 247 rounds through the bastard and move on...)
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2001, 16:27   #7
Clear Skies
Prince

I may be back, but unfortunately school is manic at the moment and I have so much work it's incredible.
I have a map with base names for my continent, but it's only got the 4 main base names on. I'll have to go look for some old stats thread to name the rest, I suppose, but right now I really don't have the time.
I'd post now, but I'm really busy and besides, what exactly is there to post about? I suppose I could write some more Cyborg/Angel/University diplomacy...
I'll post tomorrow (Sunday) - I'll have more free time then.
Clear Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2001, 06:54   #8
Sprayber
Emperor

Again, Sorry about the mix ups. I have a map that I made. Like Guardian mentioned the two rover units were originally from Sparta Command, but assigned to the main army fighting in the south. That's why they were sent on a suicide mission by Helzburg. I was just following up on what you had already put in motion.

LMP and others: Kessel is trying to get to Blast Rifle Grag. It is the only base in the northern part of Sparta that doesn't follow Santiago. The rest are either totally loyal, Janissary Rock. Or following orders for now, Fort. Sup, Commanders Keep, and the rest of the bases. After he ran from Sparta Comm. he went to Commander's Keep, and now is trying to get to Blast Rifle Grag. If he gets into there, he has to contact Helzburg in war outpost, some other governors, and maybe one of the alliance leaders. He and heltzburg need each other to depose Santiago. Kessel doesn't have an army and Helzburg doesn't command respect from the governors. after its over they will most likely fight each other cause in private they hate each other. But they hate Santiago more for trying to "purge" them. As for Santiago, she doesn't want the war to stop, but without the main army she is backed into a corner. So she is willing to end it for now in order to clean things up after General Kell and intelligence failed to remove the entire Junta. Kessel and Helzburg would like for the war to end as well so they can concentrate on defeating Santiago. But not at the cost of foreign troops occupying Sparta itself. Heltzburg cannot move his army north because of concerns of the PKs taking advantage of no one defending the south. In short there is a bloddy mess. No one can make a move because they have more than one potential threat. Everyone needs the war to end. But keep in mind that all are Spartans and won't stand for foreign intervention, unless it suits their purpose. So when the world learns some of the detail of the crisis going on each faction can pick a side to back. Or choose to remain neutral and just watch Spartans kill each other. This could be a good time to get back to peace while the Spartans are stuck with a civil war. Technically, both Kessel and Helzburg could have a legitimate claim to being the Spartan leader. Depending on how it all plays out. Tell me what you think so far. Is too far fetched? I would like input from everyone.

Guardian: Have the PKs lost the title of humanitarians? Spartans are people to you know.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 22, 2001).]
Old April 22, 2001, 11:20   #9
[LordLMP]

Okay, as for the map problem. I'm experimenting with the idea of removing anything crossfire in the map...but i put names of the landmarks of the places they were. also be adding some stuff for future storyline. Anyway, will try with my normal SMAC and try open the map and see if it will open it. if not, darn :/

Spray: Minister of Intelligence, Alexander Demieras(whatever), would be playing a strong role, no? Kell not incharge of everything. As for the losses and what the current size of military, maybe should read the old posts to see the losses and reinforcements.
Units are groups: One ground Unit is a regiment. One air unit is a Wing(except maybe the airship, but doubt we'll get them anytime soon) and one Naval Unit is One Ship. Possible to have smaller units like a Company, Platoon, Brigade, Battallion and so on, but won't be as effective as a full fledge regiment. also, an idea which you don't have to take, was hoping that General Kell will show true Honor, what a Spartan Soldier suppose to be, not just Santiego's lackey. And Santiego also would have her Assistant Voki, no?

-LordLMP
Old April 22, 2001, 11:58   #10
[LordLMP]

Oh and don't forget the Cult of War people :P

SMAC Fanatic, whats the name of the Cyborgs first naval Base? lost it and forgot it :/

-LordLMP
Old April 22, 2001, 13:50   #11
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Yes, the Spartans are people too, but so were the nazis...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 22, 2001).]
Old April 22, 2001, 13:58   #12
Clear Skies
Prince

Well, in SMAX it's called Alpha Basin. We are unimaginative, aren't we...
Maybe a better name might be Oceanic Uplink or something like that. i don't know. Put Alpha Basin if you must.
Old April 22, 2001, 18:15   #13
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

SMAC-

The Cyborgs caught Anastasius on the last post of page 3 I think... He committed suicide, Jakhobs can be caught by a border guard who disable his nerve pods- or he can use them, kill cyborg soldiers- then be captured...

Note: He will escape (This is a stand-by, every few years he is imprisoned and then escapes and disappears.)
DarkCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2001, 23:34   #14
[LordLMP]

Darnit my experiment didn't work is there some utility out there that converts SMAX maps to SMAC and vice versa? :/ not exactly thrilled of remaking the map with SMAC, as it took me 2-3 hours with SMAX :/

-LordLMP
Old April 23, 2001, 00:56   #15
Sprayber
Emperor

Kell could turn on Santiago when she goes too far. I had really wanted this to be a Kessel and Helzburg vs Santiago civil war. But having Kell be the one that finally ends Santiago's reign would be good. And the intelligence minister is going to have a lot to do with the story. Just haven't figured out how just yet. He will be the one encouraging Santiago to take a hard line on the bases. And by hard line I mean along the lines of executions. One more thing. I'm not going to kill Santiago. Need her for possible storylines in the future. But she may be long overdue for some cryocell time.

Guardian: Is there any chance that the war can end soon so the Spartans can get busy killing each other?

Natan: Any regime that comes to power in Sparta will look favorably towards the Hive as a partner and alley on the continent.
Old April 23, 2001, 03:09   #16
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, the Peacekeepers do want peace, but not with the devil...

It is true that Spartans are people, but they're not really seen as such at the moment.
That is, they're people, sure, but they're horrible evil people who'll shoot humanitarians in the back and massacre children with nerve gas. The concept of peace with this kind of people simply does not compute, even with the Peacekeepers. So, their image is gonna have to change...

Also, it is unlikely that the Peacekeepers will make any kind of agreement with Santiago, as they consider her a criminal, not a leader. They know that she personally ordered the mass executions at U.N. High Commission (War Outpost) during and after the last war, not to mention countless other crimes against humanity which they believe she either condoned or encouraged. The same goes for Helzburg (commanded the "special" unit who carried out the executions), Weiss (used prisoners as human shields... gassed Data Acquisition...) and minister of intelligence Alexandro Demeneras, whom they hold responsible for the nuclear disaster at U.N. SeaQuest.

So, a peace agreement with any Spartan government involving any of these is pretty much out of the question... preferably, all of them should be arrested and brought to trial for their crimes. The Peacekeepers will have no objections to Santiago's trial being held in Sparta as long as crimes against humanity is among the charges brought against her. Also, I imagine the Spartans themselves may wish to "nail" her for bringing dishonor and disgrace to their good name and getting them into this whole mess in the first place... could be a nice way to sort of "wrap things up" in the end...

Anyway, I suppose if the Peacekeepers somehow get in touch with someone... like maybe Kell or Kessel... if they can somehow be convinced to trust this new contact, they just might be persuaded to sort of "back off" for a while and let the Spartans sort out their own messes in return for... something...
Old April 23, 2001, 22:45   #17
[LordLMP]

The Junta would take lots of responsibility of the Atrocities. Junta, when it was first formed, ended being bit to powerful, got corrupted quite quickly. Santiego didn't have much leeway politicly...where the Junta can easily overthrow her if she does something they don't like and so on. she was almost like a puppet for them, beings used. So she pretty much got fed up with them and the distraction of the war, having strong support, and so on, she iniciated the coup against the Junta. Of course, after been used by them for awhile, she may of got corrupted a bit. and paranoia. Sparta Kell represents what a true honorable Spartan Soldier should be, not a savage barbarian, and does follow orders, unless its going way to far. Mainly why Santiego chose him and she knows a lot of spartans are like that, something she encourages... something she tried to be, but darn hard with the Junta and other things. so, well, yeah. And since the faction is a police state, doubt general population don't seriously know about the atrocities the troops have committed and has far as they know as to what is going on, the communication grid is screwed up, possibly sabotaged or something. The Spartan Navy would still be of pre-war size, as no spartan ship has been sunk, only damaged...and may of gain another foil or two from some of the coastal bases. anyway, Spray, you are running the faction, you do what you want with them....with reason, realisticly and common sence, and SMAC like

Darkcloud: As for the extra bases, too late now, its there. Zarya-Sunrise existent for one as already been aknowledge actions from Cyber...where some Spartan probes currently hanging out. Outpost #1 and Cosmograd are two different bases...cosmograd hear the Morgan/Data Angel borders and not to far from University Base. most of the bases you mention that shouldn't exist...can say they are small bases of low population. Just trying to have about equal amount of settled territory among the four factions on the continent. Don't you have the map?? could of mention it way before too... oh well, to late, they exist :P they wouldn't exactly be considered important or important targets. Cosmograd, yes and Zarya-Sunrise too, perfect place to support trade and so on...of course, not during the war.

I will get around to send a copy of the updated map to all of you, even if you don't have SMAX... sorry can only make small simple not very detailed GIF pic of the map as they get pretty large easily in size of the pic and me have a slow modem :P

Old April 23, 2001, 23:19   #18
[LordLMP]

You can share Secret Projects with an ally faction, especially a direct neighbor. Of course, some Secret Projects cannot be shared. Also, it is possible for the Faction with the Secret Project could charge other factions or whatever for some tempory/limited benefit. Like for example, if a faction haves the Cyborg Factory, another faction could pay the owner of the Project or whatever to enhanced an unit or two and so on.

SPray, do remember that the Assault Rovers Commander Cooke commands are ELITEs. and are equip with Soporific Gas Pods, which removes two moral from the unit being attacked....and so on. or only one if bombarbed by artillery with the gas. in the future, make note of it

remove two probe teams? asking the Data Angels that? i would think the Data Angels lots of Probe Teams, and help train Pirates and so on Probe Teams. Pirates have about 15 probe teams...14 at moment, as one team may have been loss against the spartans...and 5 Probe Cruisers. Do remember, Probe Teams are cheaper to build and maintain...like the teams average from 5 to 10 members. Its only the training that takes some time when making probe teams :P

also, pirates disbanding two ground units? Only thing they done to University is bombarding some of their coastal bases and three Battle Dragon units helping out the Cyborgs and Data Angels against University ground wise. So aslong as either the Data Angels or the Cyborgs are still at war with University, pirates will still be aswell :P

Old April 24, 2001, 03:33   #19
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Sprayber... if you want to make Santiago look a little better, we could make up some sort of story about how she didn't actually order those executions after all... maybe someone else in the junta issued the orders in her name or something along those lines... maybe she was under a lot of pressure, etc, etc... and maybe, when all the facts are on the table, it turns out that her only crime in regards to all the atrocities was that she failed to stop them...
She would still be guilty as sin, but not nearly as bad...

And how to make the Peacekeepers believe all this?
Well, we could have one of their own probe teams find out about it when digging through old log files and stuff in search of evidence for the trials or something like that... Santiago might actually get some sympathy from some of the Peacekeepers, or at least they would not truly hate her anymore... Just a thought.
Old April 24, 2001, 07:46   #20
Sprayber
Emperor

That would be an interesting story line. With my last couple of posts I was trying to head somewhat in that direction. I went back and read the post on the conquest of Ruby Ridge Memorial, oops I mean Data Acquistion , and copied some of the quotes from there. Maybe if the PKs sent in a probe team to Data Acquistion as a means to determine force allocation or something and one of them gets curious and downloads a few classified memos from santiago and helzburg to weiss. There aren't any probe teams there as of now. Santiago may sending some down soon but there aren't any there now. I could write up some classified memos to be found and send them to you over pm or email. Damn, does that make me a traitor?

A question to you all. Is my writing stlye ok? I seem to post quite a bit at a time going into a little detail. Is the detail distracting? Or is it not detailed enough?
Old April 24, 2001, 07:49   #21
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Personally, I think you're doing great!

...and there is already a PK probe team snooping around in Data Acquisition...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 24, 2001).]
Old April 24, 2001, 08:27   #22
Sprayber
Emperor

I'll write something up and send it to you. You can add to if you wish, but I think you will get the direction I'm going in.
Old April 24, 2001, 09:41   #23
Sprayber
Emperor

Thats it for me today. Need to get some sleep before it's off to work. Nice post Guardian, I do hope that Braddock isn't too disappointed. Think he might be satisfied with one or two war criminals? I think two generals would be nice prizes, no. Anyway hope you enjoy the paper trail.

edit: and thanks for the compliment on the writing. Another detail I just wanted to let everyone in on. Helzburg would like to contact Lal, but he cannot because all outside comm traffic is handled through Sparta Command. He can talk to Santiago, but not to anyone outside the Federation. Kessel is basically in the same situation. He can thought that he could talk to the governors but could not get into a command center to do it with. If he gets the comm. channels and codes to operate them he can then talk outside the Federation. You freedom lovers may not understand this but in Sparta, Sparta Command is the center of the universe.

[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 24, 2001).]
Old April 24, 2001, 23:39   #24
[LordLMP]

Oh, before anyone forget, what about Clayton, or whatever, which Cyber sent? I'm sure he would be near the Defence Lines by now :P or maybe he wandered off the wrong way or whatever. :P

-LordLMP
Old April 25, 2001, 02:45   #25
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Well, this is getting interesting...

Two Generals? As in Helzburg and Weiss? Yes, that would be enough to keep the hard-liners (like Braddock) in line... -But Demeneras (minister of intelligence) will still be no. 1 on their "Most wanted criminals" list...

As for Santiago... well, in light of what they're about to find out, the Peacekeepers' opinion of her will change... That is... they'll no longer hate Santi. An agreement with her is no longer so unlikely, and they won't be quite as hell-bent on having her brought to trial and convicted for crimes against humanity... But... all this hasn't happened yet... I'll post the beginning of it all a little later today...

[This message has been edited by Guardian (edited April 25, 2001).]
Old April 25, 2001, 03:44   #26
Sprayber
Emperor

Helzburg is not stupid. With a semi-peace, he will look north towards Sparta Command. This is his big chance to get his own faction. Not another faction, but all of Sparta. He still has the main army that he will try and manipulate. The only thing that stands between him and being the new Spartan leader is a general on the run and Santiago. It is time to determine what Sparta is really all about. I'll have to read up on Clayton. I remember reading the whole thing about taunting the PKs with him but don't remember what happened to him.

edit: Am I correct to assume that the cult of war has been decimated except for a few inside Spartan territory? They will not be welcome in Sparta after things change.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 25, 2001).]
Old April 26, 2001, 08:28   #27
[LordLMP]

I would think by now that the Cult of War troops are being wiped out now, but not without PK/Cult of Planet losses. The ones in the Sparta Faction, they would simply go back in hiding like they did before and they, with help of the Junta maybe, have extablished a base at Isle of Deiamera, Temple of War which i called it :P oh, Spartans still have a Outpost in the north pole and a Airbase they established in past two game years on the small island off the east coast...where the Spartan is hiding between of.

Don't forget Voki! and the Professor :P have to check out the name of Svensgaard's assistant and Professor :P

-LordLMP
Old April 26, 2001, 08:37   #28
Sprayber
Emperor

I keep intending to mention them. I was just wondering about the cult. They may prove to be interesting to create some trouble inside Sparta. I guess Temple of War will have to be retaken by the regular Spartans. Cult may not approve but they are going down. What are those Pirate rovers going to do now that there is a cease fire coming up?

The governors name is Pontas by the way.
[This message has been edited by Sprayber (edited April 26, 2001).]
Old April 26, 2001, 13:41   #29
Clear Skies
Prince

Posted by DarkCloud:
OOC: ... will post later; Good, you didn't kill him, I can still do something with this great character- 'get one of his followers to go in save him, unbrainwash him- perhaps start another war- the Perfect society breaks off, University breaks into fringe groups- perfect... thanks SMAC!

Not a chance. The whole point is that his personality has been downloaded and irrevocably deleted. Basically, I have killed him, and taken over his body with a completely new personality. He can't be recovered or brought back in any way. All data regarding his memories, personality, everything that makes him him has been deleted and destroyed. That was the entire idea.
And why are you so obsessed with the break-up of the University? Can't they stabilise?
Old April 26, 2001, 13:58   #30
Sprayber
Emperor

Guardian: Sorry for the long post. I started and just couldn't stop. I cut some out and will save it for a little later. You should be seeing a long line of civilians or at least hear them on certain comm channels. The Spartans aren't surrendering, the senior officers are not willing to hide behind civilians like weiss is. They will fight if attacked. Of course weiss still has officers that don't care too much for rules. Maybe by the time you guys reach the base there won't be anyone left.