Old May 12, 2003, 00:11   #1
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 19:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
America's Army
Anyone here played this game before? I started a few weeks ago, and I havent been this hooked on a game since Tribes, which i hadnt been as hooked on a game since Civ II before that.

If you've played talk about it. Whats your honor? Are you in a clan? Whatc your favorite level and strategy?

If you dont know what htis game is, its a free online FPS developed and distributed by the US Army. It was made as a recruiting tool, to lure in the massive and untapped nerdy young men market. You can download it for free from their website and start playing immediately (tho you have to do basic first, its good anyway cause it teaches the controls).
Old May 12, 2003, 01:30   #2
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 03:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
America's Army: Operations... Well, it basically sucks. First of all you have to spend quite a lot of time for all the different training sessions and also the online MP training, before you get to any combat. Also there's quite a lot of nitpicking as e.g. in the Airborne training you have to exactly in the middle of the circle, so being abit closer to the line isn't accepted, or the game thinks you're outside, despite you are inside. Completely gave up the game due to serious lag issues, which were quite wierd. Ripped off all the game experience. Also not being able to shoot your officer in charge was boring.

Good FPS games are MoH:AA or SH, so I will stick to them.

BTW, a new AA title called Soldiers will be coming up soon, so hopefully it will be better.
Old May 12, 2003, 17:09   #3
Kramerman
Prince

thats cool.

I actually liked the training. Heh, i havent actually played a real game yet. All i do is the training missions, heh.
Old May 13, 2003, 02:10   #4
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 03:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'v played it a lot when it just came out, but then getting the updates tookk hours of waiting, and i didn't have as much free time anymore, so stopped playing.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old May 14, 2003, 15:34   #5
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 20:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Rasbelin
Also there's quite a lot of nitpicking as e.g. in the Airborne training you have to exactly in the middle of the circle, so being abit closer to the line isn't accepted, or the game thinks you're outside, despite you are inside. ... Also not being able to shoot your officer in charge was boring.
That just means they made it true to life.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old May 14, 2003, 18:31   #6
Kramerman
Prince

it is a rather realistic game... do you play DD?