Old May 12, 2003, 10:14   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 19:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Valhalla Herald, Article sign up
May as well get back to what I do best...

First edition will be going out this Friday or so.

If you want an article, let me know. Possible articles to consider include:

1st term elections
Emergency DM elections
discovery/war with ottomans
discovery of Iriquois
discovery of Zulu
Battle of Iznik
Gaining of techs (Bronze) Can someone please give me a synopsis of our trades to date?

Let me know if you want to write one of these.

I'll be contacting a few folks personally, for possible 'special' submissions as well... (don't worry WIA, we hit you hard enough last time)

If you want to write a letter, please PM it to me

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 12, 2003, 10:53   #2
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 03:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Include me in the list:

aidun@lycos.nl

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old May 12, 2003, 11:19   #3
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 21:17
You can count on me. I will get you something this week, about the war with the Ottomans. And don't worry UnOrthO, you will play a prominent part in it....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 12, 2003, 11:24   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
You can count on me. I will get you something this week, about the war with the Ottomans. And don't worry UnOrthO, you will play a prominent part in it....
Feel free to explain my absense in any way you see fit, no worries of offending either myself or my late Uncle.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 12, 2003, 11:30   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'm working on a piece which is a first-hand description of the battle, from my perspective. As you know, I was with Company Grog in the warrior unit that day, and I saw my fair share of the fight. Other than descriptions of the fight, it may not be detailed, but it is meant to portray the glory of that battle.

GodKing may want to have his article deal with the politics behind the fight, the positioning of troops, and all. What I'm doing is describing the battle from Thag's perspective.

Historik Battleaxe
Berserk Reporter
Old May 12, 2003, 12:21   #6
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Sounds like a game plan HG.

--Con
Old May 12, 2003, 22:55   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I can't volunteer to write an article for this edition, seeing as all my free time is during the weekend. If you want an article late Friday night for this edition, I can provide some interesting views on our meetings with the foreign civilizations.
Old May 12, 2003, 23:12   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Hey Octavian,

I always make some allowances for people to get their things in. My brother is getting married on Saturday, though, so I need this in by at least Friday at roughly 8 PM EST.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 13, 2003, 00:49   #9
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

That won't be a problem. I can work on it on and off for the next few days. Just tell me: where do I sent the article if I do finish it by the deadline?
Old May 13, 2003, 07:26   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:17
Include me in the list, please.
aroeira @ ism . com . br , without spaces...
Btw, I want to contribute with cartoons and illustrations, but I'll be less active in the next few days... So, in the next edition after that, if you want me, I'll be ready!
Old May 15, 2003, 15:53   #11
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 03:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Aidun
Include me in the list:

aidun@lycos.nl

Aidun
I have the feeling that I have totally misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

UnOrthO, you can always PM me and I'll look if I have some time available.

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I'll be contacting a few folks personally, for possible 'special' submissions as well... (don't worry WIA, we hit you hard enough last time)
I guess that he means that Aro should keep his pencils and paint ready?

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Last edited by Aidun; May 15, 2003 at 16:06.
Old May 15, 2003, 17:45   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yes, you wanted the 'Subscription page' this is for writting an article. If you want to write one, let me know, or just PM/E-mail it to me (SirUlias@AOL.com)

You are already on the E-mail list though.

I wasn't specifically referring to Aro there, either, and am very pleased with the responses so far. Thanks everyone!

I got to get back into the swing of this paper business, though, I didn't have enough time this week (partly due to writting the PTWDG story). Ill get even more people involved for the next one for sure, now I am caught up in the other story, and waiting for some in-game events to occur over there.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 15, 2003, 19:36   #13
GodKing
Emperor

I have been writing on my lunches at work..... I have over 4 pages and am only 1/2 way through my outline. I will attempt to finish it tomarrow and email it to you unortho. I have yet to read through it and do any editing yet..... oh my.

--Con
Old May 17, 2003, 12:07   #14
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

I'll start work on something completely different...