Old May 12, 2003, 13:32   #1
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 18:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The alcohol is oozing from my pores...
And I feel like crap. I'm sitting in my cubical, it is 10:25 in the morning, and I have yet to do anything productive. How did I get this way?

It started after mother's day when I went to the airport to catch my flight back home. My flight was over booked so I volunteered to take a latter flight and in return United gave me a free round trip ticket any where in the lower 48 not only that but they also gave me a free upgrade to 1st class .

Having time to kill I sat in the air port bar for around three hours then boarded my flight where a nubile stewardess gave me a cocktail before I even sat down. The next 1.5 hours were filled with the same hottie bringing me a new screwdriver before my old one was even empty (now that's service). Once I got home at 11pm my roommate talked me into going to the local with him where we continued to drink until they throw us out at 2am.

Now, I'm sitting at work hating myself and wishing my headache would go away.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:33   #2
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Have a beer. It will help.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:33   #3
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:18
u booze u looze
Old May 12, 2003, 13:35   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Have a beer. It will help.
I don't think me boss would like that idea.

Though all of the suits are currently out of the office at some meeting.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:37   #5
ahasverus
Settler

Local Time: 03:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Come on I've tried to drink to 1 and get to work at 5:30 so I was pretty Sh!tfaced

But luckily I'm a postalworker so when I got free I was fresh as fish
Old May 12, 2003, 13:38   #6
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 01:18
If alcohol is really uzing from your pores start licking yourself

Been there, done that
Old May 12, 2003, 13:41   #7
Oerdin
Deity

More boze is the last thing I want right now. What I really need is a big glass of OJ and a nap.
Old May 12, 2003, 13:43   #8
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 01:18
Naw: 6 oz. of beer, with 6 oz. of tomato juice, a few dashes of tobasco sauce, one raw egg... Slam it, I gaurentee that you will feel like running a marathon within 5 minutes after that...
Old May 12, 2003, 13:44   #9
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 03:18
Try drinking too much coffee. Strong coffe that is. Your efficiency will drop tremendously, but at least you'll feel relieved until the end of office hours
Old May 12, 2003, 14:02   #10
Oerdin
Deity

Spiffor: I've been slamming tea since I got here and it is helping a little.

Japher: I would try your remedy but I don't know where I'd find an egg or tomato juice at work. Strangely, we usually we do have beer in the designated "beer fridge" which we drink after work for TGIF.

I think I will be skipping TGIF this week though.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:09   #11
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 21:18
Friday is a long way off, Oerdin. You'll feel a lot better by then.

I feel your pain. Hang in there. Water + advil + something greasy for lunch (if you think your stomach can handle it).

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:13   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Oddly enough I'm actually very hungry. Normally when I drink to much food is the last thing on my mind.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:15   #13
reds4ever
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
Re: The alcohol is oozing from my pores...
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
And I feel like crap. I'm sitting in my cubical, it is 10:25 in the morning, and I have yet to do anything productive. How did I get this way?

It started after mother's day when I went to the airport to catch my flight back home. My flight was over booked so I volunteered to take a latter flight and in return United gave me a free round trip ticket any where in the lower 48 not only that but they also gave me a free upgrade to 1st class .

Having time to kill I sat in the air port bar for around three hours then boarded my flight where a nubile stewardess gave me a cocktail before I even sat down. The next 1.5 hours were filled with the same hottie bringing me a new screwdriver before my old one was even empty (now that's service). Once I got home at 11pm my roommate talked me into going to the local with him where we continued to drink until they throw us out at 2am.

Now, I'm sitting at work hating myself and wishing my headache would go away.
You have my sympathy, BTW whats 'Lower 48'?
Old May 12, 2003, 14:17   #14
Oerdin
Deity

The lower 48 is an American slang for all the states except for Hawaii and Alaska. I'm thinking about using that free ticket to fly to the Apolyton meet in San Diego this summer.

See Here.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:21   #15
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Oerdin,

I remember a horrible hangover I had in college that was utterly obliterated by a huge steak & cheese (aka Philly Cheesesteak). It took me over half an hour to slowly force that thing down (feeling most of the time like I was gonna puke) but shortly thereafter the hangover completely disappeared. Just vanished. *presto, you feel fino*

That ruled.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 12, 2003, 14:25   #16
Oerdin
Deity

Hmmm, Philly cheese steak could be on the menu for lunch. (You're getting me even more hungry; I hope I don't puke when I go to eat)
Old May 12, 2003, 15:29   #17
lightblue
Warlord

Local Time: 02:18
Fried brakfast works wonders as well. Couple of egss, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, beans and some coffee is about as guaranteed a way to get rid of a hangover that doesn't involve staying in bed till it is gone

Hair of the dog helps as well though. A sly pint during lunch hour would set you right back on your feet.
It’s a great art, is rowing. It’s the finest art there is. It’s a symphony of motion. And when you reach perfection, you are touching the divine. It touches the you of yous – which is your soul. George Pocock
What fun is that? Why all that hard, exhausting work? Where does it get you? What is the good of it? It is one of the strange ironies of life that those who work the hardest, who subject themselves to the strictest discipline, who give up certain pleasurable things in order to achieve a goal, are the happiest. Brutus Hamilton
Old May 12, 2003, 15:30   #18
Oerdin
Deity

I feel so much better now that I ate; thanks so much for the hang over cures. I went with a coworker to a Persian restaurant and those lamb kibabs just hit the spot. Throw in some mint tea and a lot of water and now I'm feeling like myself.

I've never gotten over a hang-over faster. I'm a new believer.
Old May 12, 2003, 15:30   #19
Arrian
Deity

"Hair of the dog" never worked for me.

-Arrian