Old November 30, 2000, 06:11   #62
Muad'Dib
Settler

Local Time: 22:56
Local Date: October 30, 2010
File sent to John.

Results of my turn:

No cities founded.

From Huts: NONE attached settler, Chariot attached to Edward I, Horseback Riding and Map Making.

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."
Old November 30, 2000, 08:06   #63
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Err... I'm a little confused here... Who is doing what?
Old November 30, 2000, 12:19   #64
Daddy-O
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesC3CDG Team BabylonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
re: who is doing what?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I think we all assumed that MD was MIA. At least I did. Sorry MD - I think. Anyway, I think it would be nice if MDs save was passed to Hueij, who'd pass it to Johnmcd. Hueij you said that you were planning on playing this friday. If Johnmcd or MD can get that save to you today you should be able to play without too much of a problem.

Am I wrong on this? Is this too much of a mess and we start over? Are we all from Florida or what?

------------------
'I want to be hand counted and checked for dimples.'
Old November 30, 2000, 12:50   #65
kcbob
King

Local Time: 16:56
I think skrobism's suggestion sounds reasonable for you all. That from a non-partisan point of view.

BTW. Heard of a bumper sticker yesterday.

Florida - If you don't like the way we count, move to one of the other 53 states!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 05:49   #66
Muad'Dib
Settler

I opened my e-mail early this morning and found the saved file sent by Skrob--it was dated Sunday.

Because of work I finally had the chance to get to my e-mail; hence the previous posts.

Since I did not now who was next, I just sent the file back to John who started the game.

After reading the above posts, I sent Hueji the game.

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."
Old December 1, 2000, 06:59   #67
Hueij
Emperor

Thanks all, got my Civ-folder filled with sav-files

I'll send my results to John later today so he can pass it on because I lost track of who else to send it to
Old December 1, 2000, 08:57   #68
Hueij
Emperor

Just sent my save to John...

Opened two huts, Masonry and an Archer, Edinburgh started on the Colossus and founded a new city with the typical Celtic name of Hueijville

An Edinburgh warrior is next to an unopened hut but is needed for martial law in Edinburgh, so, if it was still my turn I would open it with the Archer who is nearby

Oh yeah, almost forgot, Barbs have landed near EdwardI...
Old December 1, 2000, 09:20   #69
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by Hueij on 12-01-2000 07:57 AMfounded a new city with the typical Celtic name of Hueijville

LOL!

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 09:50   #70
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

Hueijj

This thing is a cooperative, if you can't work it out what makes you think I can? scroll up the page or look at the previous one if need be(a chore I know) but forward it to the appropriate person please!
Old December 1, 2000, 10:49   #71
Hueij
Emperor

quote:

Originally posted by johnmcd on 12-01-2000 08:50 AM
Hueijj

This thing is a cooperative, if you can't work it out what makes you think I can? scroll up the page or look at the previous one if need be(a chore I know) but forward it to the appropriate person please!

Hey, no need to get pissed... Since you started the game and mentioned somewhere above that you only received one game I thought it appropriate to send it to you. If you don't want it just throw it away...

About this thing being a cooperative, yeah, I noticed that. Only thing is my definition of it differs from yours I think... And maybe I'm stupid but after scrolling up and down, left and right, and diagonally I still have no clue to who to send it to. Maybe I also should have waited ten days...
Old December 1, 2000, 11:53   #72
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

I am pissed that people can't be bothered to either play the game in a reasonable time frame or can't bring themselves to spend five minutes to work out whose turn it is next, which is all it took me.

Accordingly I will take my turn this evening and there is no need for you to forward it to anyone else. For everyone's benefit this is the current order:

Johnmcd
ScouseGits
Skrobism
Muad’Dib
Hueij
Old December 1, 2000, 11:57   #73
kcbob
King

I was just thinking about doing this in a couple of other games' threads. I'm sure it helps.

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 1, 2000, 15:50   #74
Daddy-O
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesC3CDG Team BabylonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Team Banana
Emperor

* the post in question replies *

ahhhh
Huh?

* blinks and scratches self stupidly *

------------------
Old December 1, 2000, 17:33   #75
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

Sent the file on, Full details of events, victories and discoveries on Monday.
Old December 2, 2000, 01:23   #76
Daddy-O
Emperor

quote:

I was just thinking about doing this in a couple of other games' threads. I'm sure it helps.

Do you mean 'getting pissed' or reposting the order?

------------------
Old December 2, 2000, 01:27   #77
kcbob
King

quote:

Originally posted by skrobism on 12-01-2000 12:23 PM
Do you mean 'getting pissed' or reposting the order?

LOL!

I guess that wasn't intuitively obvious to the most casual observer with the brains that God gave a post, huh?

------------------
Frodo lives!
Old December 3, 2000, 18:19   #78
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

The Scouse Gits in Concert
our efforts for the cause...

0925BC - rushed Temple & Settler, switched Phalanges to Warriors, increased Tech-rate from 22 to 16
0900BC - Germans get Philo & start Pyramids;
0850BC - We are 6th Advanced!!! Horseman releases 5 Barbs!
0825BC - 2 whale + wheat site located to NW
0800BC - RIFKIND founded; hut 50g; Tech rate 12
0775BC - 2 Horse disband into Colossus - hut: 100g; Spanish trireme sighted
0750BC - Spanish trireme makes veteran Warrior;
0725BC - hut: 50g; Horse disbands for Colossus
0700BC - Monarchy - research Writing for Republic;
0650BC - another Horse to Colossus
0625BC - MONARCHY established (don't ask ); Tech rate 9; 2 Horses to Colossus
0600BC - Horse completes Colossus!
0575BC - COLOSSUS; Tech rate 8
0500BC - Second unit fortified in Edinburgh, Temple put in as marker for Library, Writing (and Diplo - the poor man's Caravan hint - hint! in two turns)
Old December 4, 2000, 11:54   #79
Daddy-O
Emperor

I got the save. I will probably play it tonight.

Re the diplo being the poor man's caravan: How do you mean that? Can the Diplo be used to increase trade somehow?

------------------
[This message has been edited by skrobism (edited December 04, 2000).]
Old December 5, 2000, 01:12   #80
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Skrobism - Trade has not yet been discovered - so NO caravans to assist in building wonders! One way around this problem is to use diplos and disband them in the city building the wonder.

-------------

SG (2)
Old December 5, 2000, 01:38   #81
Daddy-O
Emperor

Ooooh!
* light bulb appears over head *
Old December 5, 2000, 12:39   #82
Daddy-O
Emperor

quote:

For everyone's benefit this is the current order:
Johnmcd
ScouseGits
Skrobism
Muad'Dib
Hueij

I just thought this should be posted at the top of the page.

I played my turn last night. As soon as I write my Hx, I will pass the game on to Muad'Dib. Look for it in a few hours.

------------------
[This message has been edited by skrobism (edited December 05, 2000).]
Old December 5, 2000, 18:47   #83
Daddy-O
Emperor

The Scouse Gits peacefully handed reign to the Skrobis Dynasty some time before the year 475BC. The Scouse Gits did well in their time. A monarchy was established. Science marched forward with research in writing. The Colossus stands for all time as a monument to the Gits and our people of The Cities Six.

The Skrobis Dynasty of The Cities Six...
A new form of record keeping and communication was developed, and was called 'writing'. With this knowledge surely great things will follow. The wise came before the Skrobis for focus and direction of their studies. Many options were looked at. A code for our warriors to live by was a close second to a prototype for a device called a 'hweogol'. The Skrobis is convinced by the wise Leonardo that this 'hweogol' will introduce new forms of transportation and tools much in the way that 'writing' has opened the minds of the wise to all who can read. It will also allow Leonardo to open a little workshop of his own with royalties from the patent, once the 'hweogol' is perfected.

The literacy program was shut down immediately. No need for the common people to gain too much knowledge.

Once writing was discovered, Edinburgh's temple construction was changed to a library to house the writings of the wise.

By 425BC Edward I was creating new units called diplomats. These would prove helpful in the creation The Cities Six next wonder. Soon we must find a wondrous project worthy of the great people. Word is reaching our shores that vast gardens are being built, along with Pyramids that scrape the very sky. The Cities Six will not be left behind. Wallace agrees to aide in this project by starting to train diplomats.

In 375BC The Chinese - a people of myth? - have completed the Pyramids. The Germans - another unmet people - have started a wall that will encircle their entire nation! At the news of this Wallace erupts in civil disorder. The king's grasp of his small nation will not slip away. Wallace will be under martial law! Diplomacy gives way to training Phalanx.

Order was restored in Wallace in the year of 350BC with the strong arm tactics of the new Phalanx there. The library of Edinburgh was rushed to completion for the start of the new wonder. With the arrival of Diplomats from Edward I, the Lighthouse for The Cities Six was started. Leo the wise protested, but King Skrobis was distracted by the shining scale model in his throne room. "You will get your workshop after you deliver this 'wheel' or whatever you call it." Leo the wise left dejected muttering, "You wouldn't know a 'hweogol' if it ran over your foot." Leonardo took matters into his own hands. Workers in Edinburgh were moved to the silk fields. This decreased the food surpluses, but increased production, and more importantly increased his precious science output. He was due for a breakthrough. (Science Discoveries are coming every 7 turns. )

Years passed with little else happening. Quietly Leonardo the Wise discovered his 'wheel' (named as such by decree of the Skrobis). He was never allowed to patent the strange round device. After looking at it, the Skrobis thought this 'wheel' should have been discovered millennia ago. "That's it? That is what you've been working on?" Leonardo left the palace with his head down again, but knew that his next project would end the reign of tyrants like this 'Skrobis'.

It is rumored that while King Skrobis was playing his fiddle, Leonardo received a dispatch for the King. A people named the Sioux already completed a Great Lighthouse. The king never received this news, and his project fell into disrepair. The peoples of Edward I and Edinburgh work went to waste. King Skrobis was furious. He saw the world around him growing powerful. Although no other civilizations have dared to land on our island, he became wary of the world around him. King Skrobis vowed to wall off the island. The Great Wall of the Cities Six was started.

Leo the Wise saw the libraries being built, he started to teach the common folk to read. Literacy was his goal for the Cities Six. Once the people could read they would want a Great Library, not a wall to keep them in. Leo would have to wait for his workshop, but he would settle for the Library.

As 250BC neared and the people came closer to understanding the ways of writing, they became restless. Civil Disorder was fought with Entertainers and Martial law. Rifkin is entertained for the moment but riders from nearby Huejiville are coming. The people will be put back to work and they will complete the Diplomatic training for the Great Wall. Huejiville has rush trained a phalanx and put its entertainers back to the fields already. Edinburgh continues to lead the way with the Great Wall. It works its silk to produce Trade and Science at high levels. Wallace, and Edward I have vowed to help with the Great Wall by training diplomats.

It is rumored that Leo the Wise has moved his literacy campaign to Kenneth I. If this was Leonardo's plan, it is working. Kenneth I is in disorder - even entertainment won't distract the populace. A Phalanx is being trained. The King will have order. The King will have his Great Wall - if only to fall from it.

----------------------------
The above history and the save are being sent to Muad'Dib. Enjoy
----------------------------

------------------
[This message has been edited by skrobism (edited December 05, 2000).]
Old December 5, 2000, 18:55   #84
Daddy-O
Emperor

Well, it's sent off. i used the email in Mud'Dib profile.
mauddib@intergrafix.net

MD, let us know if you get this or not. Thanks.

------------------
Old December 7, 2000, 12:59   #85
Daddy-O
Emperor

I have yet to hear from Maud'Dib.

Has anyone seen MD? I know he gets busy with work. Did I use the correct email?

------------------
[This message has been edited by skrobism (edited December 07, 2000).]
Old December 8, 2000, 11:36   #86
Daddy-O
Emperor

Hullo! Where'd all you blokes go?

Well is Maud'Dib MIA? I assume his email was delivered, because I did not get a daemon error. It would be nice if MD would post something like, "I'm real busy. I'll get to it on Saturday. OK?" You know anything.

Should I forward the game onto someone else?

------------------
Old December 8, 2000, 12:57   #87
johnmcd
Apolyton University
King

I would recommend you pass the game on, its not unreasonable to expect people to play a faster than this.
Old December 9, 2000, 01:29   #88
Daddy-O
Emperor

Hueij,
I sent the saved game to your email address.
Tell us when and if you get it. I have to assume that Muad'Dib is too busy. If he shows up before you are done, then pass your save on to him. Otherwise, pass the save to the next person.

Have fun.

------------------
Old December 9, 2000, 06:19   #89
Hueij
Emperor

Checked my mail after reading the thread...
Playing has to wait till tomorrow (Sunday) so I'll pass it on Sunday evening.
Old December 10, 2000, 11:05   #90
Hueij
Emperor

Save 1AD on its way to John as I type this

A brief report: discovered Literacy, went for Currency. I'd wish we skipped Lit until later because we are falling behind. We need Trade...

Changed building the Wall for the Library but there's no chance we'll get it. The Chinese will beat us to it (they also have Trade ). Maybe we can change to the Embassy later because we desperately need contact with the others...

To end on a positive note: one of our brave horsemen discovered an advanced tribe, New Wales