Old August 7, 2003, 03:05   #511
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry, but I thought
The institute was just for
Young poet Comrades

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old August 8, 2003, 02:59   #512
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:24
Glorious are we
In culture and poetry
Great are the Haikus
Old August 10, 2003, 04:58   #513
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

We should publish a real pravda version sometime.

People start putting out those articles.
Old August 10, 2003, 15:21   #514
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
My God's Fury and News flash still count right? Maybe even the one thousand and one day.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 11, 2003, 00:33   #515
Vev
King

Tour of the Hive: Behind Communal Kitchens

I have always wondered what feeds the people that drives the Hive industry. The communal kitchen tirelessly serves the same old food to the endless queues of workers. The food, if one puts it politely, is a strange homogeneous pinkish meat that has a taste one must get acquied to. Drawn by my curiosity, which always seems to get me into trouble, I decided to investigate the mysterious nature of this pinkish meat.

I found it amazing the majority of the Hivers do not care what or where this meat comes from. Even the kitchen servers do not know or care about the food. All they need to do is to unpackage, heat and serve this all pervasive pinkish meat. From the samples I have gathered, they appear like nothing I have seen from normal meat. So I was left no choice but to apply my usual investigative techniques to solve this mystery.

Disguised as driver for the vehicles that distributes this meat, I explored the main food processing plant. I was both amazed yet shocked by my encounter. What I discovered was a wonderful marvel, but at what cost? These meat were called "spam" and they were created by a special group of people that work tirelessly on something called "Apolyton". Anyway, endless stream of "spam" comes from them and the plant checks it to ensure quality, packages it and distribute them to all the communal kitchens. The side effect of all this "spam" appears to be occasional disruption to normal work and play.

From Kostya's : I have lived in the Hive and survived to tell the tale

Last edited by Vev; August 11, 2003 at 00:50.
Old August 11, 2003, 03:28   #516
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Tour of the Hive: Behind The Spam Factory

Another thing that began to bother me, as I was sitting, eating my pinkish meat sandwiches in the Recreation Commons, was where this "spam" came from. In all my curious trips around the Hive I had never seen one cow, or pig, or goat or sheep, or indeed any of the earth animals usually used for meat production. I decided to find the Hive's secret farms.

Amazingly I managed to befriend a Drone who's job included bringing the meat to the "spam factory", and he agreed one night to take me with him in his rover truck, down, into the deepest layers of the Hive. To my surprise the truck took us down to the lowest level, deeper even than the ***CENSORED*** and the mounds of ***CENSORED*** breathing through my mouth to avoid the smell of ***CENSORED*** people I'd known were simply ***CENSORED*** the horror, the horror ***CENSORED*** consider eating "spam" again, not now that I know the grim truth of its origins in the ***CENSORED*** eating my own father and mother ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** returned to the upperlevels still occasionally heaving.

Old August 11, 2003, 03:50   #517
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:24
Perhaps we should start exporting some of this spam to other factions?
Old August 11, 2003, 13:53   #518
Jamski
Deity

Or importing some other faction members to be processed in the spam factory to visit the spam factory.

-Jam
Old August 11, 2003, 14:14   #519
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Last night the Marshal had cordially invited Corellion of the CyCon to visit the spam factory as well as the enlightment center. Unfortunetaly he didn 't make it since his private jet had crashed in the middle of the trip. I had promised him that there will be a next time.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 11, 2003, 16:56   #520
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

We've already started exporting it to the drones.

Old August 11, 2003, 17:22   #521
Jamski
Deity

Poor Drones... poor, poor, poor Drones.

-Jam
Old August 11, 2003, 19:21   #522
Vev
King

But very full Drones.
Old August 11, 2003, 21:21   #523
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
We've already started exporting it to the drones.
Oh, youi're trading SPAM with the Drones

And I thought it was MAPS

I GO OGLE, (your dyslectic deity)
Old August 11, 2003, 22:09   #524
Vev
King

Tour of the Hive: Claire Forlani's Private Chamber

I nearly made it inside. My head still hurts after the Crismons Guards beaten me up. I was so close and all I have to do was cross and innocent looking hallway. Cursed mindworms. Who in the right mind uses mindworms as guard dogs?! I spent two hours clinging onto a very sturdy wall lamp until the Crimson guard came along and took me safely away.

Last edited by Vev; August 11, 2003 at 22:49.
Old August 11, 2003, 23:01   #525
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

Oh, youi're trading SPAM with the Drones

And I thought it was MAPS

I GO OGLE, (your dyslectic deity)

I guess that's what happenes when you negotiating trade back and force many times.

Grapefruit Garden
Old August 11, 2003, 23:51   #526
Vev
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

I guess that's what happenes when you negotiating trade back and force many times.
Sounds like a lot of strong arming there
Old August 12, 2003, 00:20   #527
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

as in ...

Oi, Leggo?

G.
Old August 14, 2003, 03:03   #528
Vev
King

COMRADES!
WE GREET EACH DAY WITH THE TRUTH!

Lenin's Birthday Edition of the Russian Newspaper "Pravda" which means "The Truth"

We have a pre and post ACHOO coverage in this edition of Pravda. Events in the Hive had gone slightly out of control last week, but the clean up crew had nearly returned the Hive back into its original state although some things cannot be done.

In This Issue :
  • God’s Fury
  • Hive gripped in ACHOO epidemic
  • Chairman Annouces Golden Age of Haiku
  • Golden Age of Haiku Ended
  • Capitalist Treason!
  • Hive reaches Comrade Marx's dream
  • Tour of the Hive: Behind The Communal Kitchen
  • ]Tour of the Hive: Behind The Spam Factory
  • Tour of the Hive: Claire Forlani's Private Chamber
  • Nervestapler Comic
  • Words of Wisdom
God’s Fury

Followed by the official announcement of the elimination of SASS, overjoyed Hivers all went out and celebrate. After many bottles of xeno-rice wines and many loads of xenodoughnuts, a certain comrade whose head was turning ecstatically chanted the following love song:

“WE LOVE JAMSKI!!!!!
HE IS OUR ETERNAL FATHER!!!
WE SHALL SERVE HIM TO DEATH DO US PART!!!
HE IS VERY GLORIOUS!!
WE SHALL MAKE HIM A GOD!!!
WE LOVE HIM AND HE LOVES US SO!!!”

Stunned Comrade Vev rushed out to drag the certain comrade into the enlightment center. But alas, all is too late. All Hivers heard the God’s infuriated voice up in the sky:

“Blasphemy!!!

May my servant Miriam and my avenging Angels strike the Hive down and reduce it to ashes!!!”

Horrified Hivers knelt down on their knees and begged for forgiveness. Displeased GooglieGod did not decide to let the ignorant Hive easily go off the hook for their promised sacrifices. In stead, a spell is cast on to the two comrades involved most closely in the incident. Ever since that moment, Deputy Chairman and Commissionar Comrade Vev have been granted an inexorable enthusiasm to speak. In addition, they have not been able to open their mouth without producing silly Haikus.

As the insanity spread over each thread in the Hive private forum, any meaningful discussion is buried in tons of childish Haikus. Although some comrades believe that this madness is only temporary and will automatically cure itself when the morning comes, Hive official had already held numerous emergency meetings trying to find what sacrifice should be served to GooglieGod so that the spread of insanity could come to a stop.

As for the initial incident causer, Comrade Tass, nobody has dared to guess what fate is awaited for him.

Hive Gripped in ACHOO Epidemic

Hive medical authority have issued a public health warning of another epidemic sweeping into the Hive right after SASS. Acute Contagious Haiku Of Onomatopoeia [Editor: What the heck?] or ACHOO strikes without warning and leaves victims either unable to communicate other than Haikus or a gibbering wreck.

WHAT TO DO IF STICKEN:
Just stay calm and quiet; The disease is not fatal. You will recover.
Haiku's should be short; they should be tasteful and smart, write about the Hive.
Lead Scientist Jam, please save the citizens soon! We lack skillful poets!

Chairman Annouces Golden Age of Haiku

The Chairman announces today that the Hive has entered a new era: The Great Leap of Haiku. The air is filled with scent of insanity. The few people that so far have managed to escape the contagion of madness watches helplessly as more and more comrades are mindlessly pulled toward ACHOO.

A quote from the enlightened:

I really must say, I am impressed by your ability to keep making all these haikus. The 5,7,5 would have driven me insane by now.

or should it be:

I really must say,
Impressive are all Haikus,
Insanity, none

Marshal Rokossovky

Golden Age of Haiku Ended

As quickly as the infected all of Hive, the Golden Age of ACHOO was gone (although some say it wasn't early enough). The inspired Haiku poets became normal Hive citizen again, and no more shall the darkened halls of the Hive resound with the wise poetic Haiku lines. [Editor: *Sob* That was beautiful] Everyone now attend their usual tasks that normally involves copious amount of spamming.

Capitalist Treason!

A promising member of the Hive Party, who shall remain nameless, was embroiled in a scandal caught selling out base names for credits. Kody was discoverd red-handed during a survellience operation where another unnamed individual requested the next base to be named after him, Googliegrad. A sum of 100 credits was promised in exchange for the new city name.

Charges are pending and the deal has not be revoked as the city is to be named Googliegrad. Hive officials fear that disaster may befall the hive if the name is revoked. Threats of righteous hellfire from Miriam was more than enough to convince Hive officials. Kody is currently serving detention under the strict discipline of Comrade Claire Forlani.

Hive Reaches Comrade Marx's Dream

In other news, Chairman Voltaire announced at a press conference that The Hive has reached Comrade Marx's dream. He declared that the faction was a perfect communist society.

A reporter at the conference pointed out that Comrade Marx's perfect Utopia didn't have a government, and asked why the Chairman was still in power. At that moment, all persons at the conference was shot.

In a related story, this article's writer has been shot.

Tour of the Hive: Behind The Communal Kitchens

I have always wondered what feeds the people that drives the Hive industry. The communal kitchen tirelessly serves the same old food to the endless queues of workers. The food, if one puts it politely, is a strange homogeneous pinkish meat that has a taste one must get acquied to. Drawn by my curiosity, which always seems to get me into trouble, I decided to investigate the mysterious nature of this pinkish meat.

I found it amazing the majority of the Hivers do not care what or where this meat comes from. Even the kitchen servers do not know or care about the food. All they need to do is to unpackage, heat and serve this all pervasive pinkish meat. From the samples I have gathered, they appear like nothing I have seen from normal meat. So I was left no choice but to apply my usual investigative techniques to solve this mystery.

Disguised as driver for the vehicles that distributes this meat, I explored the main food processing plant. I was both amazed yet shocked by my encounter. What I discovered was a wonderful marvel, but at what cost? These meat were called "spam" and they were created by a special group of people that work tirelessly on something called "Apolyton". Anyway, endless stream of "spam" comes from them and the plant checks it to ensure quality, packages it and distribute them to all the communal kitchens. The side effect of all this "spam" appears to be occasional disruption to normal work and play.

Tour of the Hive: Behind The Spam Factory

Another thing that began to bother me, as I was sitting, eating my pinkish meat sandwiches in the Recreation Commons, was where this "spam" came from. In all my curious trips around the Hive I had never seen one cow, or pig, or goat or sheep, or indeed any of the earth animals usually used for meat production. I decided to find the Hive's secret farms.

Amazingly I managed to befriend a Drone who's job included bringing the meat to the "spam factory", and he agreed one night to take me with him in his rover truck, down, into the deepest layers of the Hive. To my surprise the truck took us down to the lowest level, deeper even than the ***CENSORED*** and the mounds of ***CENSORED*** breathing through my mouth to avoid the smell of ***CENSORED*** people I'd known were simply ***CENSORED*** the horror, the horror ***CENSORED*** consider eating "spam" again, not now that I know the grim truth of its origins in the ***CENSORED*** eating my own father and mother ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** ***CENSORED*** returned to the upperlevels still occasionally heaving.

Tour of the Hive: Claire Forlani's Private Chamber

I nearly made it inside. My head still hurts after the Crismons Guards beaten me up. I was so close and all I have to do was cross and innocent looking hallway. Cursed mindworms. Who in the right mind uses mindworms as guard dogs?! I spent two hours clinging onto a very sturdy wall lamp until the Crimson guard came along and took me safely away.

The NerveStapler

Words of Wisdom
  • Spam makes the world goes round
  • Spam alone sets all the world in motion
  • The love of spam is the root of all evil
  • Remember that time is spam
  • Put not your trust in spam, but put your spam in trust
  • A good reputation is more valuable than spam
  • A word fitly spoken is like apples of spam in pictures of silver
  • Beauty provoketh thieves sooner than spam
  • Time will run back and fetch the age of spam
Although we may joke -
Paul wrote to the Corinthians
These words of wisdom:
  • [1]Though I speak with the tounges of men and angels, and have not spam, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.
    [2]And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and thought I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, and have not spam, I am nothing.
    [3]And thought I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not spam, it profiteth me nothing.
    [4]Spam suffereth long, and is kind; spam envieth not; spam vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up.
    [5]Spam doth doth behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil.
    [6]Rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the spam.
    [13]And now abideth faith, hope, spam, these three; but the greatest of these is spam.

In Other News:
  • Interesting surveys conducted says that the Hive is glorious
  • Jamski Residence will host a mass gathering of ceilings to protest against unequitable treatment of its follow people.
  • Blue tastes better than yellow
  • Spammers Anonymous has been disbanded due to lack of funding
  • Tropicana Cruise tours experience a boom in tourism
  • Editor arrested for posting irrelavant news
  • New editor shot for incompetence
  • Sub editor called in sick
  • Janitor compiled Pravda instead

Onwards Comrades - the Future of Humanity lies in Cooperation, Brotherhood and Industry - Continue to Work for the Glory of the Human Hive

Compiled by Comrade Vev who currently is in his room writing up the 25th paper with blunt crayons for distribution.

Last edited by Vev; August 14, 2003 at 03:28.
Old August 14, 2003, 03:45   #529
Jamski
Deity

Posted in the general forum, thanks Vev.

-Jam
Old August 15, 2003, 07:30   #530
Vev
King

Special Hive Techs

Spam Economics
Spam Empathy
Adaptive Spam
Planetary Spam
Pre-Sentient Spam
Mind-Spam Interface
Spamdaimonia
Old August 15, 2003, 11:12   #531
Jamski
Deity

You forgot Doctorine : Spam

-Jam
Old August 16, 2003, 09:44   #532
Jamski
Deity

OK, this thread is too long, can we de-sticky it, and continue in the PRAVDA (2) thread.

-Jam
Old August 16, 2003, 09:47   #533
Jamski
Deity

Which is here

-Jam
Old August 16, 2003, 18:30   #534
Kody
Emperor

No!!! I refuse to switch to a new thread.
Old August 16, 2003, 21:30   #535
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

We will continue to spam this thread! Long live the original PRAVDA thread!
Old August 17, 2003, 05:17   #536
Vev
King

Starting a new thread at 500 is a long heralded tradition, a rebirth of some sorts.
Old August 17, 2003, 06:15   #537
Jamski
Deity

It stops 'poly getting overloaded, so do it now !

-Jam
Old August 17, 2003, 09:08   #538
Kody
Emperor

I still haven't heard any good reasons.
Old August 17, 2003, 23:17   #539
Vev
King

Anyway I am quite fond that I've started the Pravda thread.

GLORY TO THE SPAMMERS!
Old August 18, 2003, 03:57   #540
Rokossovky
Prince

Location: Marshal of the Revolutionary Army of the Socialist People of the Human Hive
LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL PRAVDA!!!!

- Rokossovky