Old December 19, 2003, 09:00   #661
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I came back because Honghu had too much of a workload, and there weren't enough people helping her out.

You would have been a indispensable assert to the Hive about 1 week ago, and you might have actually managed to take over as chairman.
Old December 19, 2003, 09:43   #662
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Take over as chairman - psht I've tried that before.
Old December 29, 2003, 22:00   #663
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A few quick headlines:

- Hiverians see pretty lights out in the ocean; later confirmed to be war.

- The Data Angels have been found to be neither angels nor possessing data.

- Thrash Metal found to be the best music for relaxing
and then refusing to decide
Old December 29, 2003, 22:02   #664
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Hive denies debris to be alien landing craft
Old December 30, 2003, 02:58   #665
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:24
Large Explosion in Hive Central Shaft!

Today, at 1837.8766.678f87.040.01101010.42 Hive Central New Unifited Time, a explosion occured in The Hive's Central Shaft. The explosion came from Room 1501 of the People's Government Building, according to reports.

Room 1501 adjoins Room 16789, which is the office of Magistrate and Foreign Relations Commissioner Comrade Octavian X. When reached for comment, he denied responsibility.

However, sources close to the Commissioner indicate that 1501 was the room used for the production of his secret xenodoughnut stash. When reporters from PRAVDA studied the xenodoughnut process, it was found that if mindworms were not kept at the correct temperature for the process, they may spontaneously combust.

In a related story, for no reason nor logical explanation, Comrade Octavian X was found to actually be a large xenollama.
Old December 31, 2003, 22:18   #666
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

G**** Found!

Hive officials have annouced the capture of the elusive G**** amongst the tunnels during a routine check. Local eye-witness reported at a large contigent of Crimson Guard arrive to collect the G****. "Yeah it was a huge G****, never seen anything like that before." This view has been confirmed by other eye-witnesses. "I say them pull the G**** into the truck. The G**** fought back hard."

Meanwhile rumors of more G**** have been reported although authorities have confirmed them to be hoaxes and advises to ignore them and continue working as normal.
Old January 1, 2004, 05:17   #667
Vander
ACDG The Human HivePtWDG2 SunshineAlpha Centauri Democracy GameMacCivilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Morgan
Prince

Nice. I like it!
Old January 1, 2004, 05:52   #668
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 01:24
A public service announcement from your diety:

I am your god. Worship me now
Pretty please?
Old January 2, 2004, 10:17   #669
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hehehehe! My few loyal followers have taken over the PRAVDA offices!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 2, 2004, 16:15   #670
Vander
Prince

Yea, it's easy to take the offices these days. I don't have much time on the 'net....

I hope to get better article production going by next week.
Old January 3, 2004, 10:00   #671
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Then you will have to fight my brave, but misguided, supporters! Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

-Jam
Old January 21, 2004, 18:43   #672
Vander
Prince

HIGH RANKED PRISONER ESCAPES!!

During an unprecidented second trial for the treasonious Comrade Jamski, a lapse in prison security resulted in said antisocialite's escape from his holding cell. Although a manhunt was informally arranged, there has been no formal declaration from the CCC as to what to do. It is blatently obvious to this reporter that the CCC is just taking a break from their very stressful jobs of keeping us safe; so their is no need to worry that the CCC is protecting their former member.
When asked for an opinion, Chairman Voltaire was said to have 'scoffed' at the accusations. "Who is this 'Jamski?' I do not know what you are talking about." Chief Editor Vander had this to reply, "He must be tired. Why would the Chairman forget one of his best Comrades?"
Old January 21, 2004, 19:59   #673
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Writer mysterious only writes headline, neglects to write article
Old January 21, 2004, 20:54   #674
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 02:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Writer mysterious only writes headline, neglects to write article
LOL

That´s good! Make sure it is included in the next PRAVDA!
Old January 22, 2004, 20:34   #675
Vander
Prince

- Many CPU VidScreens stolen, owners told to go "on memory"

- Adam Smith voted "Evilest man ever" by recent Hive pole.

- We're better than you.

- Yin found to be less enlightened than Yang.
Old January 22, 2004, 21:02   #676
Octavian X
King

- One word in this issue of PRAVDA is mispelled.
Old January 23, 2004, 11:15   #677
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:24
hi commarades!
me new former operator, but knows to read and write!
wants to publish in distinguished paper....but will do with pravda too
when publishing next spam tissue?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 23, 2004, 11:35   #678
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

t-ras, welcome to the glorious Hive!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 23, 2004, 13:13   #679
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:24
mmm i think i read most of pravda releases, it might not be so sutable for my writening (wich might also not be so sutable for reading )
ill make a new thread.....
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old January 23, 2004, 19:00   #680
Vander
Prince

I'll publish the next issue when I get three or four more articles.
It'd be nice if someoe else wrote some.....
Old January 28, 2004, 21:50   #681
Vander
Prince

CYCON CLAIMS SPAM IS WRONG!

In a recently published issue of 3D, the CyCon claimed that Synthetic Precreated Analytical Messaging (SPAM) was threatening the life of our Planet. They purpose that SPAM will cause complete eviromental failure of the ecosystem on Planet.
Yet be reassured, loyal citizens, that the CyCon's CRAP team has given you nothing but misinformation. The genuine Hivierian SPAM factories pose no threat whatsoever to our great, contolled land. The CyCon are afraid of our great factories. "They, 'Don't want to be behind the Hive.' Let it be known, citizens, that they will see nothing but our ***!" So said a Mid- Level Military Commander. Whether that will happen or not, rest assured that PRAVDA will be there!
Old January 28, 2004, 23:19   #682
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 15:24
Hiverian Thoughts on "Freedom", a commentary by Comrade Frankychan

While skimming through the Datalinks, an article was discovered by another faction dealing with such things as inter-faction language barriers. The excerpt is as follows:

Quote:
...That is correct, but each faction developed its own instance. We all know that there is no word “freedom”, "non spam" or “prosperity” in Hive language...
The obviously lack of security is appalling and shocking....to know that a member of another faction would know (or seem to know) our society's beliefs is disgusting and deplorable.

Let the information given in this declaration be an official description of Hiverian culture so that it may spread throughout the Datalinks.....

...The truth of the matter is that there is a word in the Hiverian language as "freedom". The Hiverian usage is not, however, used flippantly as was the case earlier. "Freedom", in the Hiverian sense, is the freedom from fear; freedom from trivial materialism; freedom from lonliness; Essentially, "freedom" is freedom from fear.

The defunct Peacekeeper faction used the term "freedom" to express itself as a faction that individuals can do whatever they please....as one can now see, their individualistic mentality has led them to extinction. One can deduce which faction's operational definition of "freedom" is more superior.

This statement should be taken as a testament to the Hive's methodological thinking. We are not the barbarians that other factions have portrayed us in the past, our enlightened society only wishes to bring a different option of existence to humanity.

Therefore, we declare that the reputation the Hive has had as "chaotic" and "dysfunctional" is no more. The people of the Hive are united as a single, divine entity.

Simply put......"With one voice, The Hive speaks."
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; January 29, 2004 at 01:17.
Old January 29, 2004, 00:14   #683
Octavian X
King

Comrade Voltaire resigns!

In a suprise move, in order to allow for democratic elections to occur for the position of Chairman of the Central Committing Committee of the Human Hive.

This unprecendented actions comes at a time of great turmoil withon the Hive, as it struggles glouriously to form a new government for her people.

We can only hope a new Chairman is elected soon to lead the Hive in this period of transition toward a better future for the Hiverian people.

Glory to the Hive!

----------

Comrade Voltaire elected Chairman!

Comrade Voltaire was elected to the position of Chairman, beating our other candidates Octavian X and Enigma_Nova. Voltaire recieved 5 votes; Enigma and Octavian garnered 1 a piece.

Glory to Chairman Voltaire!

------------

Voltaire's "And So It Begins..." should also be posted.
Old January 29, 2004, 04:41   #684
Jamski
Deity

Someone make a PRAVDA then, we have enough stuff.

-Jam
Old January 29, 2004, 05:50   #685
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Enigmistic teachings declared counter-revolutionary

During the last decade our glorious faction has seen the rise of a man, who teached the ideas of elitary leadership and the need of independent thought by each and every single indivudual within the state.
Although no real Hiverian fell for that incitement of the people, there may be some whose mental integrity is not as strong. For those it shall be clarified:

The Enigmistic theories directly oppose the foundations of the Hive, they pose a threat to the inner security of our glorious and mighty faction. Therefor those teachings have been outlawed and declared counter-revolutionary. Reading it, listening to it and especially teaching it are acts of treason and will be treated as such.
Whenever a loyal citizen stumbles across Enigmistic literature or even followers, he/she has to immediately report to the closest Crimson Guard Department.

Down with the enemies of the state! Long live the Hive! Long live Chairman Voltaire!
Old January 29, 2004, 05:51   #686
Vander
Prince

I will tomorrow, if no one has done it by 3 PM PST (GMT -9)
Old January 29, 2004, 17:33   #687
Vander
Prince

Forming the next PRAVDA here:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMRADE VOLTAIRE RESIGNS!

In a suprise move, in order to allow for democratic elections to occur for the position of Chairman of the Central Committing Committee of the Human Hive.

This unprecendented actions comes at a time of great turmoil withon the Hive, as it struggles glouriously to form a new government for her people.

We can only hope a new Chairman is elected soon to lead the Hive in this period of transition toward a better future for the Hiverian people.

Glory to the Hive!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENIGMISTIC TEACHINGS DECLARED COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARY!

During the last decade our glorious faction has seen the rise of a man, who teached the ideas of elitary leadership and the need of independent thought by each and every single indivudual within the state.
Although no real Hiverian fell for that incitement of the people, there may be some whose mental integrity is not as strong. For those it shall be clarified:

The Enigmistic theories directly oppose the foundations of the Hive, they pose a threat to the inner security of our glorious and mighty faction. Therefor those teachings have been outlawed and declared counter-revolutionary. Reading it, listening to it and especially teaching it are acts of treason and will be treated as such.
Whenever a loyal citizen stumbles across Enigmistic literature or even followers, he/she has to immediately report to the closest Crimson Guard Department.

Down with the enemies of the state! Long live the Hive! Long live Chairman Voltaire!

LARGE EXPLOSION IN CENTRAL HIVE SHAFT!

Today, at 1837.8766.678f87.040.01101010.42 Hive Central New Unifited Time, a explosion occured in The Hive's Central Shaft. The explosion came from Room 1501 of the People's Government Building, according to reports.

Room 1501 adjoins Room 16789, which is the office of Magistrate and Foreign Relations Commissioner Comrade Octavian X. When reached for comment, he denied responsibility.

However, sources close to the Commissioner indicate that 1501 was the room used for the production of his secret xenodoughnut stash. When reporters from PRAVDA studied the xenodoughnut process, it was found that if mindworms were not kept at the correct temperature for the process, they may spontaneously combust.

In a related story, for no reason nor logical explanation, Comrade Octavian X was found to actually be a large xenollama.

G**** FOUND!

Hive officials have annouced the capture of the elusive G**** amongst the tunnels during a routine check. Local eye-witness reported at a large contigent of Crimson Guard arrive to collect the G****. "Yeah it was a huge G****, never seen anything like that before." This view has been confirmed by other eye-witnesses. "I say them pull the G**** into the truck. The G**** fought back hard."

Meanwhile rumors of more G**** have been reported although authorities have confirmed them to be hoaxes and advises to ignore them and continue working as normal.
G**** Found!

HIGH RANKED PRISONER ESCAPES!!

During an unprecidented second trial for the treasonious Comrade Jamski, a lapse in prison security resulted in said antisocialite's escape from his holding cell. Although a manhunt was informally arranged, there has been no formal declaration from the CCC as to what to do. It is blatently obvious to this reporter that the CCC is just taking a break from their very stressful jobs of keeping us safe; so their is no need to worry that the CCC is protecting their former member.
When asked for an opinion, Chairman Voltaire was said to have 'scoffed' at the accusations. "Who is this 'Jamski?' I do not know what you are talking about." Chief Editor Vander had this to reply, "He must be tired. Why would the Chairman forget one of his best Comrades?"

COMRADE VOLTAIRE ELECTED NEW CHAIRMAN!

Comrade Voltaire was elected to the position of Chairman, beating our other candidates Octavian X and Enigma_Nova. Voltaire recieved 5 votes; Enigma and Octavian garnered 1 a piece.

Glory to Chairman Voltaire!

OTHER HEADLINES:

- Writer mysterious only writes headline, neglects to write article

- Many CPU VidScreens stolen, owners told to go "on memory"

- Adam Smith voted "Evilest man ever" by recent Hive pole.

- We're better than you.

- Yin found to be less enlightened than Yang.

- One word in this issue of PRAVDA is mispelled

SPECIAL CYCON COMMENTARY SECTION

CYCON CLAIMS SPAM IS WRONG!

In a recently published issue of 3D, the CyCon claimed that Synthetic Precreated Analytical Messaging (SPAM) was threatening the life of our Planet. They purpose that SPAM will cause complete eviromental failure of the ecosystem on Planet.
Yet be reassured, loyal citizens, that the CyCon's CRAP team has given you nothing but misinformation. The genuine Hivierian SPAM factories pose no threat whatsoever to our great, contolled land. The CyCon are afraid of our great factories. "They, 'Don't want to be behind the Hive.' Let it be known, citizens, that they will see nothing but our ***!" So said a Mid- Level Military Commander. Whether that will happen or not, rest assured that PRAVDA will be there!

HIVERIAN THOUGHTS ON "FREEDOM", a commentary by Comrade Frankychan

While skimming through the Datalinks, an article was discovered by another faction dealing with such things as inter-faction language barriers. The excerpt is as follows:
Quote:
The obviously lack of security is appalling and shocking....to know that a member of another faction would know (or seem to know) our society's beliefs is disgusting and deplorable.
Let the information given in this declaration be an official description of Hiverian culture so that it may spread throughout the Datalinks.....

...The truth of the matter is that there is a word in the Hiverian language as "freedom". The Hiverian usage is not, however, used flippantly as was the case earlier. "Freedom", in the Hiverian sense, is the freedom from fear; freedom from trivial materialism; freedom from lonliness; Essentially, "freedom" is freedom from fear.

The defunct Peacekeeper faction used the term "freedom" to express itself as a faction that individuals can do whatever they please....as one can now see, their individualistic mentality has led them to extinction. One can deduce which faction's operational definition of "freedom" is more superior.

This statement should be taken as a testament to the Hive's methodological thinking. We are not the barbarians that other factions have portrayed us in the past, our enlightened society only wishes to bring a different option of existence to humanity.

Therefore, we declare that the reputation the Hive has had as "chaotic" and "dysfunctional" is no more. The people of the Hive are united as a single, divine entity.

Simply put......"With one voice, The Hive speaks."

Last edited by Vander; January 29, 2004 at 19:50.
Old January 29, 2004, 18:01   #688
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I have not looked at the turn yet but I'm hoping Enigma has prepared for us to build the Cloud Academy. If so maybe somebody can write a piece about this. Don't forget to tribute his effort in this too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 29, 2004, 18:02   #689
Micha
King

Good. Just correct the typos, and rework the last part´s layout
Good work, we´ll beat the 3D!
Old January 29, 2004, 18:21   #690
Jamski
Deity

Not hard - as 3D is pants.

-Jam