Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yay, maybe we should team up with the AI
Old June 19, 2003, 10:02   #62
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:26
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Hmmm, not quite sure. In games that I've played, both single and IP, the Hive lags behind in the graph but for my experiences that doesn't account for much. I've noticed that I'll have a huge army but I'll still be on the bottom of the graph even when I'm launching invasion campaigns and taking over cities of the enemy. The basic thing I pay attention to is the one where it lists the area of choice (Military, Territory, Tech, Wealth/Credits/Whatever) and it gives the leading faction name. This is the one we should be paying attention to the most.

It'll give us a general idea of where we stand against the other factions. But I've noticed that the Hive lags at the beginning anyway and eventually (once the ball gets rolling) becomes the leading faction in everything.
Oh good! We trust you Comrade FrankyChen. Hive will prevail!

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 19, 2003, 10:11   #63
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 19:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Comrade HongHu, seeing the lack of a People's Minister of Social Engineering, I appoint you to the post. Your duties will include setting the social engineering settings for out faction, as well as allocating energy expenditures.

-Chairman Voltaire
Dear Comrade Chairman, thank you for your trust. I'll bring dedication to the party. (Somebody else bring experience please.) Article 18, 19 and 24 of the Constitution may need to be amended for your appointment to become constitutional. And maybe Article 23 as well.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 20, 2003, 07:46   #64
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
From what Googlie said... either we beeline for the HSA, or...

If you can't beat them, join them! We build masses of probes ourselves

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old June 20, 2003, 17:40   #65
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 15:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
From what Googlie said... either we beeline for the HSA, or...

If you can't beat them, join them! We build masses of probes ourselves

-Jam
Most definetely. The Weather Paradigm and the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm should be the top priority projects. Weather Paradigm for it's obvious benefits of terraforming and HSA for the probe "problem".

I think we can forgo the Merchant Exchange.

Another SP that, IMHO, we should consider building is the Empath Guild. It may seem like a weak SP, but I think the extra votes in the Council will give our faction more weight there. For example, if our faction is not up for Planetary Governor but we do have a sizeable amount of votes, we can be a deciding vote on who does become governor and ask for a little "greasing of the palms" (i.e. bribe of credits, tech, etc). This may seem far fetched, but I've found that having a large amount of votes in the Planetary Council does have it's advantages. Just something to munch on while we wait for contact withthe others...
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old June 20, 2003, 20:09   #66
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

Another SP that, IMHO, we should consider building is the Empath Guild.
The Empath Guild has been disabled in this game. Go here for the game parameters

G.
Old June 21, 2003, 06:32   #67
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Noooooooooooooo!

Thanks for the heads-up, Googliegod.
Old June 21, 2003, 06:35   #68
Frankychan
King

Quote:
The Empath Guild has been disabled (It can be a game-breaker in a PBEM format)