Old May 14, 2003, 14:12   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Job, Roles, Responsibilities and Duties
This is a thread to discuss how our faction should be fun. I propose that we have a Prime Function, elected once per month, and a Second Function, also elected once per month (maybe one poll, and pick the top two?).

The Prime Function then plays the turn, of the Second Function if the Prime Function cannot. The Prime Function can act in an emergency, but usually any major decision, be it renaming a base, new site for base, new tech, etc. must be polled, or at least have the verbal majority supporting it. All members are equal in voting, except in the case of a tie, when the person playing the game breaks it. Only the Prime Function, the Second Function, or anther play designated by either of those two. All game related stuff is to be discussed on this forum, and not on the main forum, however that might just be common sense.

As for other jobs, I am not sure. Either we could elect advisors, have the Prime Function appoint advisors, or have everyone advising on everything. With less than 10 people, I favour the latter, however if we grow, it might be wise to use one of the other options.

I think we should produce 3D once per week, or every two weeks, depending on how long it takes to get articles. Anyone can write anything for it, and the Prime or Second Function must write a piece on the progress of our faction, a report. All 3Ds should be between 2 and 10 articles long, depending on how many we get, and should be able to be posted on the main forum. If we have any news that cannot be posted there, it is simply discussed here.

What do people think of that? They're just a few ideas. Anything people would add/change/remove? All ideas are welcome. If we get this organisation sorted, we can be much more efficient and quick in playing the game.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 14, 2003, 18:48   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i think "everyone advising everything" is a bit confusing, just because someone might just say "well, it's not my job to make the poll about >situation<"

it's best to just have some jobs, but not necessarily elect them. perhaps, "Ok, drug does foreign affairs this month, maniac does military. next month, DBTS does foreign affairs" and so on.
Old May 15, 2003, 01:14   #3
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
It would only be logical for each person to take up the task(s) they are best/good at. Such could be agreed upon by the Collective will. Of course, a single individual functions much better with the input of others, so we could have many discussions, especially with so few people.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 15, 2003, 05:10   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i sort of agree with Corellion and TKG one of each is good for me.....switching them every month (or 2) is I think the best because then everybody can have something to do sometime....just say what you would like to do...and then we all look at who can do what the best... (sort of election but more looking at who hasnt done anything yet) i think it is the fairest plan....
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 15, 2003, 06:40   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Ok, that seems sensible. What are people's strong points then. TKG I know is very good at internal affairs, terraforming and crawling stuff. DBTS IIRC, is good at military stuff, as long as he doesn;t get trigger happy As for Corellion and Bookwyrm, I am not sure. What would be good is someone to do science, and someone to do social engineering, and stuff like that.

However please post what you'd like to do, and we can then discuss it

Old May 15, 2003, 14:57   #6
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

I want control of our military. i will run simulations until our change of victory is 99.99% or higher.... but really can think i can do some of the military planning and stuff
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 15, 2003, 15:11   #7
Drogue
staff

DP deleted.

Old May 15, 2003, 15:11   #8
Drogue
staff

If there are no objections, that seems a logical decision. We could possibly have 2 advisors for internal affairs, as that is such a large job, but I am reluctant to split it into formers and crawlers, as one affects the other greatly. However, I think we should stick to one for the time being, as it is not such a large job.

Therefore, if TKG, Corellion and Bookwyrm would like to state whether they wish to be advisor for science, internal affairs or foreign affairs. If anyone objects to DBTS being advisor to the military, then we will have an election. The same goes for the other positions, unless people want elections for all, which I would be happy to do.

Old May 15, 2003, 15:38   #9
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

i'll do internal affairs i guess.
Old May 15, 2003, 15:56   #10
Drogue
staff

If you wish. Corellion, Bookwyrm, is that O.K. with you? Science and Foreign Affairs?

Old May 15, 2003, 19:58   #11
Method
Emperor

if someone had their eye on IA though, i'd be just as happy doing science
Old May 15, 2003, 20:43   #12
Bookwyrm
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Chieftain

I'll handle science, with lots of input from the rest of you of course.
Old May 16, 2003, 00:58   #13
Corellion
Prince

I was planning on PMing everyone on this, but here goes for now.

Immediately after planetfall, Function Corelli Omega-9 hooked himself up to the databanks in order to research and work on some of his various reflections, theories, etc. His participation in government will therefore be limited for the time being.

OOC, I'm on vacation until Tuesday. Though I doubt much important will happen, my posts will be infrequent and lacking in detail. I also don't have SMAX here, so I will not be able to participate in planning as such. This is my first PBEM, and I have only infrequently played other human characters, so it's probably best if I'm kept away from anything important until I get the hang of this.

Therefore, I believe the best position for me is Foreign Affairs, which, at the moment, consists of me walking around our territory with a radio set asking "Can you hear me now?" at ten second intervals until I get a response. Yay.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old May 16, 2003, 09:00   #14
Drogue
staff

Sounds great I will write an article on the new Cabinet immediately, to be published in 3D, due tomorrow.

Corellion: It is also my first PBEM, but it seems logical enough, and I'm used to the old DG style. Any input is good. Hope you're having a good vacation

Old May 16, 2003, 09:17   #15
Drogue
staff

This has been posted in the 3D officies thread too. Is this ok for the press release about our Cabinet?

Newsflash!
This, hot of the databanks, straight from Apolyton Prime:

The Government of The Cybernetic Consciousness has been decided just minutes ago. I am now able to report that joining Prime Function Drogue Beta-8 and Second Function Mani Alpha-3 are:
Function TK Gamma-8 – Adviser for Internal Affairs,
Function Corelli Omega-9 – Adviser for Foreign Affairs,
Function Delta – Adviser to the Military and
Function Book Upsilon Mu – Adviser for Science.

This new Cabinet heralds a new era for The Cybernetic Consciousness, embarking on their great and logical path to world domination peace and prosperity for all!

All at 3D wish them strength and logic.

Old June 14, 2003, 16:47   #16
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:28
So what should be the title for the government positions? High Function, Advisor, Director??? Also are the positions the same as in the first ACDG?:
Prime Function (Commissioner)
Second Function (Alpha Talent)
Director of Science
Director of Peacekeeping Operations (name change to "Military Operations" instead since we are no longer the PKs?)
Director of Exploration & Intelligence (position ceased to exist)
Director of Foreign Affairs
Director of Social Engineering
Director of Internal Affairs
Governors (region name?)
Old June 14, 2003, 19:39   #17
Drogue
staff

We don't need Exploration and Intelligence IMHO, as that can come under Military operations, as it did towards the end. Neither big jobs, and we have fewer people here. Governors not needed yet either IMHO. Otherwise seems great

Old June 16, 2003, 02:25   #18
Corellion
Prince

Hmm... apparently when I "posted" this earlier, I forgot to hit the "submit" button.

For the most part, looks good, however I agree that Exploration and Intelligence is unnecessary, and that Governors are not yet needed.

Also, I don't really see the need for a Director of Social Engineering. It seems to be a position that is ultimately that of a pollmaster, and could easily be taken over by the Director of Internal Affairs, seeing as SE changes are not nearly as common as many other things.
Old June 16, 2003, 16:18   #19
Drogue
staff

While that is an option, the DIA was the most overworked in the last DG, as without governors, they did the jobs of the many directors. It is the largest job, and so a seperate DSE will be needed soon, if not now. Besides, we don't need a DFA either ATM, since we have no foreign affairs. They will work well for those that do not wish to be so involved yet, or who have other commitments IMHO. I would keep them, but if they cannot be filled, then we will see without.

Old June 16, 2003, 18:52   #20
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
the DIA was the most overworked in the last DG
And the most powerful ... I think I was responsible for a good 33-50% of the decisions when I was DIA and Gov of JV at the same time.