Old May 14, 2003, 17:41   #1
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 20:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Ball has dropped!!!
I, Georgi Anzyakov, have seized extralegal powers of the temporary position of "STAVKA Executive Chairman." At the end of the crisis, I shall resign my extralegal position and endorse the legal government This is due to current grievances against the ruling Marshal:
1. The Marshal refuses to uphold his promise to vacate his office when the prior Marshal (H Tower) returns.
2. The current plan to launch an offensive into Norway is folly and detrimental to the Rodina! This must be stopped!

For these reasons I present 2 options to Marshal Stefanovich Ivan Knapovich: he may resign his commission as Marshal, letting the government change peacefully, and he would be still allowed to participate in the new government
OR
he may not resign, in which case STAVKA will have a vote of no-confidence which the Marshal will lose, he will be forcibly taken out of office, and there will be a knock on his door in the middle of the night (maybe not as drastic as the last part )

ex-Marshal Stefanovich Ivan Knapovich has 12 hours to reply.

Long live the Rodina! Power to the Proletariat!
Old May 14, 2003, 17:42   #2
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

note: once H Tower is restored to the marhslship I shall relinquish my extra-legal position. But only when a legitimate government takes powerie H Tower!
Old May 14, 2003, 17:44   #3
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I support the Anzac
Old May 14, 2003, 17:52   #4
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

conm,
we have no bad feelings about you,
this is just a game and we want you to stay around,
we will offer you the oportunity to organise the politburo if you want
H Tower and the Stavka member "The Anzac" support this

what do you say?
Old May 14, 2003, 17:54   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 21:30
Re: The Ball has dropped!!!
I will give my decision after I discuss this with my loyalist followers.
Old May 14, 2003, 18:05   #6
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

everybody is going to want to see this thread, so it gets a sticky until the crisis is solved
Old May 14, 2003, 19:04   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

First Ill post as CONMCB25

OK first and foremost I just want everyone to know this is a game. And I have been roleplaying. As far as Im concerned there are no hard feelings and there will never be any hard feelings. A little political struggle every once in a while is in the spirit of the game. This is supposed to be the Soviet Union you know!

And from the PM's and Instant messages I got today I can honestly say this got a lot of peoples juices flowing

It was fun but its over. One should never take these things too far. And again there is nothing personnal in what I did nor will there ever be anything personnal. You are a great bunch of guys and this was a fun way to end my Marshallship in the spirit of the game.

Now as Knapovich:

I will hereby resign my appointment as Marshall if the following stipulations are met:

1. The new city near Tikhvin named after me stays that way.
2. I am given full oppurtunity (but not any preference)to particiapte in any new government we may form.
3. Comrade Sarokin (H Tower) accepts me back with open arms.

If the Stavka accepts these conditions I will step down with out a further fight. My cousin has contacted me about a commission as a Lieutenant in one of the crack Siberian Regiments. I await your answer so I can answer him and continue the fight in whatever way I can for the Rodina!
Old May 14, 2003, 19:15   #8
Shaka Naldur
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Now as Knapovich:

I will hereby resign my appointment as Marshall if the following stipulations are met:

1. The new city near Tikhvin named after me stays that way.
2. I am given full oppurtunity (but not any preference)to particiapte in any new government we may form.
they are ok with me
Old May 14, 2003, 19:30   #9
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 11:30
Belorussian Front command and stavka rep
Marshal Pavlov Zangalis comes to moscow(with troops) and stands besides his fellow stavka reps, Anzac and Shaka in denouncing the current marshal b/c of his religious beliefs in the uncommunist falacy of "god"

Comrade Htower is released by the military (my troops and pe2's) and transported back to moscow to finalise discussions with conb regarding the political climate.

I do however support and congradulate comrades conb's hard line approach to the war effort in moving things along. If leaders and ministers think there comitment to our cause is at best once a week, it will be 2005 before the germans are defeated.

I propose that conb gets sent to a re-education camp to purge him of all this God nonsence and then directed to a cause he is most suited too.

Last edited by Colwyn; May 14, 2003 at 19:35.
Old May 14, 2003, 19:37   #10
The ANZAC
King

I agree and uphold your stipulations
Old May 14, 2003, 20:33   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: Belorussian Front command and stavka rep
Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
Marshal Pavlov Zangalis comes to moscow(with troops) and stands besides his fellow stavka reps, Anzac and Shaka in denouncing the current marshal b/c of his religious beliefs in the uncommunist falacy of "god"

Comrade Htower is released by the military (my troops and pe2's) and transported back to moscow to finalise discussions with conb regarding the political climate.

I do however support and congradulate comrades conb's hard line approach to the war effort in moving things along. If leaders and ministers think there comitment to our cause is at best once a week, it will be 2005 before the germans are defeated.

I propose that conb gets sent to a re-education camp to purge him of all this God nonsence and then directed to a cause he is most suited too.
Does this mean you accept my stipulations comrade?

If so we have a majority and I only need to hear from Comrade Sorokin. (H Tower)
Old May 14, 2003, 20:52   #12
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
trying to avoid the gulag comrade?

Well it seems you succeeded

I have no problems with the stipulations
Old May 14, 2003, 21:16   #13
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 22:30
What happened with the STAVKA reforms in the end? Pravda tries to stay a-political.
Old May 14, 2003, 21:22   #14
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 01:30
As a mindless soldier on the front line, ready to give his life for the Rodina, I must criticize the actions of my commanders. The glorious Marshall has led the Rodina to victory against the fascists in the most difficult of times. Leningrad is secure, while in the south it appears the Germans have been heavily repulsed, taking Kiev only slightly before winter starts. This betrayal shall be an ill omen, for now the fascists will come drive deep into mother Russia. You should be ashamed... whah? Disloyalty! Breaker? No, don't take me away! Ahhhhhhhh!

ooc: Found this a couple days ago, interesting game. I only played Red Front once, on a way lower level, and where the 42 and 43 offensives didn't begin due to a bug, so I don't actually feel comfortable giving much actualy advice.
Old May 14, 2003, 21:47   #15
The ANZAC
King

Since we are in a good mood over the bloodless coup, we will forgive your ill-sayings! But be careful....

OOC: it's ok, I'm not much of a veteran either myself, but I have been doing a decent job. Any comments are welcome and feel free to interject whenever
Old May 14, 2003, 21:56   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

trying to avoid the gulag comrade?
Of course comrade, Im glad we have come to an understanding.

And I want to publically declare that I will support Comrade Sorokin fully and completely in any way he sees fit that I should serve the Rodina.

Back to the Struggle comrades!

Last edited by conmcb25; May 14, 2003 at 22:22.
Old May 14, 2003, 21:59   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
What happened with the STAVKA reforms in the end? Pravda tries to stay a-political.
I will continue to push for a political organization that will fully represent this workers paradise and ensure our ultimate victory over the Facists!
Old May 14, 2003, 22:27   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
As a mindless soldier on the front line, ready to give his life for the Rodina, I must criticize the actions of my commanders. The glorious Marshall has led the Rodina to victory against the fascists in the most difficult of times. Leningrad is secure, while in the south it appears the Germans have been heavily repulsed, taking Kiev only slightly before winter starts. This betrayal shall be an ill omen, for now the fascists will come drive deep into mother Russia. You should be ashamed... whah? Disloyalty! Breaker? No, don't take me away! Ahhhhhhhh!
(As he is rescued from execution by Knapovich loyalists)

Comrade Pinkygenov welcome to the Struggle and welcome to Apoly. I thought you were going to avoid this place. But fighting the Facists is a great way to start. there will always be room for Knapovich Loyalists.
But now we must join together to repell the German pig dogs!
Old May 14, 2003, 22:29   #19
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Fitting that in the worker's paradise, I missed the coup today due to being at work

I too support Comrade H Tower. It was understood that on his return to the Kremlin, that he would resume his service to the Motherland as Marshal.

And I have no problems with our former Marshal conmcb25's stipulations, either.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old May 14, 2003, 22:43   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Re: The Ball has dropped!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
2. The current plan to launch an offensive into Norway is folly and detrimental to the Rodina! This must be stopped!
I would be carefull Comrade before you call this plan folly. Have you actually looked at this front and the current situation? I dont think so.

With Petsamo destroyed the major threat to Murmansk is greatly diminished and there are no ground troops for 100's of miles around Murmansk.

My spys tell me the nearest town is called Hammerfest and it is usually lightly garrisoned. Spending the resources for a few Red Guards and sending them to assault is not much of a risk and could pay big benefits in greatly diminishing the threat to our convoys of capitalist goods and weapons to fight the Facists.

Even if we assault the town and then evacuate before the Batleship attacks it will be months before the Germans can get land troops that far north. In the mean time we can sell all the improvement for much needed cash.

In the mean time his planes from Narvik and the battleship are trying to get at a couple of Red Guards INSTEAD of our precious convoys. (thats known as a diversion comrade!) Considering that Red Guards cost 120 rubles from scratch and one Trade unit homed in a major city and sent to the Caucass can get us over 1000 rubles in a turn (not to mention the huge amount of trade arrows every turn probably 30 plus), I would say the benefits greatly outweigh the risk.

So Comrade before you make such bold public statements I suggest you actually study the situation first. If we dont want to risk this as a group then so be it. But calling it folly without studying it is a bit rash.

Im putting this back in the Murmansk thread where it belongs.
Old May 15, 2003, 01:46   #21
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Why does everyone have to post so much while I'm asleep?

Oh well atleast it's a good thing the power struggle seems to have been resolved.
Old May 15, 2003, 02:02   #22
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Henrik

Oh well atleast it's a good thing the power struggle seems to have been resolved.
do what i do, don't sleep
Old May 15, 2003, 02:10   #23
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:

Do what I do, post an armed bodyguard at the door when you sleep... preferably a peasant from the outlying republics who doesn't speak Russian!

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old May 15, 2003, 09:00   #24
Iron Chancellor
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

So should there be a call for new elections?
Old May 15, 2003, 11:05   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron Chancellor
So should there be a call for new elections?
I believe that will happen soon, we need to conclude debate about the new politburo first.
Old May 15, 2003, 11:31   #26
yop73
Prince

Henrik: That's because we live in Europe.
Old May 15, 2003, 11:38   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yop73
Henrik: That's because we live in Europe.
No actually we live in Russia Comrade but war is a 24 hour business, and yes occassionally even Front Commanders need rest. (Especially at the end of the school year! )
Old May 15, 2003, 11:40   #28
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Quote:
(Especially at the end of the school year! )
You said it.
Old May 15, 2003, 11:46   #29
yop73
Prince

After the end of my LAST school year.
Old May 15, 2003, 11:46   #30
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:

You said it.
And just when you think school is over comrade, you will have little comrades running around the Dacha and guess what?

You become the teacher vice the student.

It never ends!