Old May 14, 2003, 20:52   #1
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Spelling and changing name in Pbem
Ok I have looked through the manual. Is the adjective from Chiron:

Chironian or
Chironion or

either are currently in use. or indeed neither.
Old May 14, 2003, 20:58   #2
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I have not had to change to my name (and faction features) in pbem games recently, to the extent that I have forgotten how to do it.

It's ALT something? or control Alt Something.

Help
Old May 14, 2003, 21:44   #3
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 21:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Its the "+" key, which is "Shift +" on my keyboard. FYI.

D

-=Vel=-
Old May 14, 2003, 22:11   #4
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 20:31
Alternately, you can access it through the menu on the laft panel of the main screen...Menu/Network...Customize your faction
Old May 14, 2003, 23:23   #5
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 11:31
I always thought the adjective "of Chiron" was "Chironian".
Old May 15, 2003, 01:58   #6
Alinestra Covelia
ACDG The Human HiveRise of Nations Multiplayer
Queen

Local Time: 21:31
Chirac
Old May 15, 2003, 05:31   #7
Hercules
Deity

Quote:
Chirac

Chirac is Slovakia

Ah yes I wonder could we have the descriptive status of 'Old Chironian' applied to Kings and Queens and Emperors and beyond in Smac land

Thanks for + advice
Old May 15, 2003, 05:37   #8
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Is this for the ACDG Herc? I didn't know that, now we can get rid of Yang, and have Chairman Voltaire instead

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 15, 2003, 06:19   #9
Hercules
Deity

No it was for some of the new Smac/x pbem games where I have replaced somebody.

But of course we can apply it to the ACDG2
Old May 15, 2003, 10:52   #10
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:31
You can change the Title of the functionary as well as the name, so you could have Propaganda Minister Baghdad Bob, or whatever
Old May 23, 2003, 11:35   #11
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:31
If people want to get inventive, they can have a lot of fun with naming stuff. I had one PBEM opponent who during a war with me, changed his title/name every couple of turns. He started as " the powerful" and went through " the angry", "the dispirited" and "the dying". I know that several players custom name their leader. I believe I have been Flubbediedre, Fliriam, Flomai etc .

I also had a lot of fun in a game with an opponent as we named landmarks all over the place. I named bunch of waterways with names like "Enter here and perish", " Hive watery Grave", " Sea monster eats ships here", " yum yum, probeships are tasty". My opponent was doing the same and it was a bit of fun to taunt each other as lands changed hands. IIRC he jumped a bunch of my troops in an area, decimating them and then named the area " Flubber's folly". Later when the tide turned against him he put a big line aimed at his homelands with the words " INVADE HERE"
Old May 23, 2003, 15:28   #12
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Did anybody else get the error on their smax wall chart where it says at the top : Alien Crossfire Technolgogy

?
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:35   #13
Adalbertus
Prince

Yeah. - I ordered mine in the UK, is it specific for the UK version or do you have it in the US version also? (from minour differences I conclude that I got a specific UK version)
Old May 23, 2003, 16:52   #14
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Just a UK version. You would have thought some1 might have noticed since just underneath its got the "legend for technology tree" which is spelt right.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old May 23, 2003, 17:26   #15
Hercules
Deity

Never noticed that until you drew attention to it.