Old September 17, 2003, 12:32   #61
Mark123jansen
ACDG3 GaiansACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 02:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I agree with adaptive econ, and going for the peg.
Old October 15, 2003, 02:10   #62
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Not sure where to post this, but this seemed an appropriate place (I have posted this to each faction):

In light of today's discussions and the interests of fair faction advice-giving ..............

A couple of turns ago, to help a faction that was temporarily labour-impaired, I downloaded and posted the various base screens for one of their pactmates, and made the throw-away line "Someone with more graphic skills than I could probably cobble together a pactmate's map from those screens. I've seen it done in other PBEMs"

G.
Old October 15, 2003, 09:05   #63
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I presume you only posted images of the bases that they could actually see from their location. Or is there a way you can see base screens that are hidden from you, on the map, but are accessible because of a pact.

By base screen I also presume you mean the one showing worker deployment and
geography, base area map and energy allocation, within the base square.

Btw way I am guessing you mean the Hive ,(Kody was complaining of lack of internal faction assistance). And he also is quite competent graphically.

However it also raises an interesting question for us ( and others later). Rather than trade our full set of maps, we could trade partial maps and base screen images, that we accumulate.
Old October 15, 2003, 09:28   #64
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Re the overall strategy.
We probably now need to get down to that nitty gritty micromanagement Cuspidore talks about for optimum delivery of the units we need to achieve our aims.

From the Apolyton AC General Strategy Forum threads, Minute Mirage advocates it and leads in the PUT and Kody I guess leads in the Hive.

I suspect we need to prepare the dreaded 5/10 year plan and amended in light of developments.

It seems to me the next crucial building tech on the horizon is Ecol Eng (due in 4 years last turn by PUT, so due say 2145) which I hope we can obtain from the PUT. The Hive have also starting researching it but the PUT is closer.

The PUT are going to ask again about obtaining the Cycon link (unless they feel they are about to discover it) Also it just might be possible that the Drones unity foil has made contact with Miriam and that she sold on the comm link. What's our current thinking on this.

There is a view that we and the Put and Cycon should haved formed an alliance against the builder factions. Could we tolerate the PUT and Cycon in Pact with each other and likely by-passing us.

But I agree the immediate priority tech wise is getting HEC and then Non Linear. If we get Non Linear surely that would get us Ecol Eng as a trade?
Old October 15, 2003, 09:59   #65
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
I presume you only posted images of the bases that they could actually see from their location. Or is there a way you can see base screens that are hidden from you, on the map, but are accessible because of a pact.
Click om F4, then your pactmate, the Hive, icon at the bottom - this now lists all Hive bases with their production, population and garrison options. Click on any base. The base screen now comes up

Quote:
By base screen I also presume you mean the one showing worker deployment and geography, base area map and energy allocation, within the base square.
Correct

Quote:
Btw way I am guessing you mean the Hive ,(Kody was complaining of lack of internal faction assistance). And he also is quite competent graphically.
I obviously cannot comment on this other than to say you draw your own inferences

G.
Old October 28, 2003, 09:15   #66
Hercules
Deity

Now that we have moved to Planned, lets review options. I don't think much has changed for us in way of strategy, just implementation.

For want of a better suggestion I suggest Li'l Accident or HMB for our rushed Peg with crawlers.

Hopefully our cruise probe when built can achieve two things
Firrst infiltration of the Borg.

Second tech steal from Miriam unless she trades Non Linear for cash, circa 150 Ecs needed.

Third agree trade of Ecol Eng from PUT.
Old October 28, 2003, 11:14   #67
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
...........Miriam, unless she trades Non Linear for cash, circa 150 Ecs needed.
It is permissable for a non-turn player to open a "phantom turn" for the sole purpose of contacting the AI to see what their negotiating stance is.

I have ruled that this is analogous to pre-trade dealings by e-mail between humans

(and, yes, she'll sell to PEACE for 150 ec's)

G.
Old October 29, 2003, 10:46   #68
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 19:32
Nice, very nice.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 29, 2003, 13:14   #69
Mark123jansen
Warlord

lets buy it then, instead of risking another expensive probe ship.
Old December 9, 2003, 10:19   #70
Hercules
Deity

Ok I have opened the turn. One of the major decisions is what will we research next after Adaptive Econ which we just discovered.

The choices on offer are Ecol engineering, Biogenetics, Non Linear maths.

Seeing that we are likely to be traded Ecol eng and that we have avoided researching Biog plus we need imopact if we are to take on the AI isuggest we research Non Linear.

Of course we hope to steal Non Linear from the weaker AI.
Old December 16, 2003, 18:40   #71
Hercules
Deity

Ok some discussion and advice required here re building PEG. We are in Planned so I presume that helps.

Q. Should we start building as soon as the next build opportunity occurs at L'il Accident or wait until the transports arrive at HMB island and try instabuild.

Q Have we enough Scs to instabuild (they are not upgraded) and how many do we reckon.
Old December 16, 2003, 18:49   #72
Hercules
Deity

Also looming as questions are the destination of our foil probes.

Q As our coffers are currently depleted we can't buy Non Linear and the AI doesn't seem willing to trade. Should we risk Vendetta with Roze or Miriam by attempting to steal Non Linear. The AI have Biog which we might be unlucky to acquire if we probe.

(note the Hive seem to be at vendetta with DJ. Should we find common cause).

Q Should we try and infiltrate Cycon. Just so we can keep track of what they are up to.
Old December 18, 2003, 06:49   #73
Hercules
Deity

Just our luck. Googlie has played (or not) the PUT turn. So I guess the trade of Ecol eng might not have happened this round.

Last edited by Hercules; December 18, 2003 at 06:55.
Old December 18, 2003, 10:46   #74
Mark123jansen
Warlord

we can risk war with the angels, since the hive is at war with them too at the moment, so we have an ally in that battle
Old January 2, 2004, 22:52   #75
Hercules
Deity

Come on guys, the next turn is almost upon us. Where's your imput.
Old January 3, 2004, 00:59   #76
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

All I know is that we're in a bind at the moment. If anyone can offer specific remedies without having seen the actual turn, please step forward. I can't.
Old January 25, 2004, 19:21   #77
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 19:32
Has antbody else gotten this message from Maniac?

Quote:

Hi FlameFlash,

Lately there have been discussions regarding what should happen with members of a defeated faction. More specifically we of the Consciousness started that discussion as we felt there is a chance we might defeat PEACE.

No pirate has yet openly expressed any interest though in joining another specific faction, which is of course only normal. However we of the Consciousness were wondering if there was any interest in PEACE for joining the Consciousness if we would be victorious. Are you, and perhaps other pirates, open to that possibility? You would be welcomed with open arms as an equal member.

Personally I feel joining us if you would be defeated would be the best option for you, because you'll join a faction that would resemble PEACE very much, with the only big and very unfortunate difference our lack to harvest aquatic minerals. However on the other side you'd have the same bases and technologies as PEACE had , and to an extent even the same allies and rivals. Since we have the Maritime Control Centre, we would also attempt to be the world's finest naval power. That way you could continue to sail ships where as all the other factions are land centric.

If the majority of PEACE would join the Consciousness, you would also be able to continue playing with the same group you have gotten to know over the past few months. In short, it would provide the greatest continuity for you. That continuity would not exist if you all splintered up and went to completely different factions such as the Hive or Drones, in which you would be a lonely stranger in the midst of a group already knowing each other and exchanging tactics since months.

Anyway, I hope you will consider our offer. I really believe it is the best option for both of us.

Friendly greetings,

Maniac
Is there a spy between the Hive and them?

Anyway, I'd like to tell him to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, but I'd like to be a little more... diplomatic than that. Any suggestions?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old January 25, 2004, 22:48   #78
Hercules
Deity

Yes I got the message. And No No interest at all.. I rather send our maps to th Drones.
Old January 26, 2004, 01:31   #79
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

well, if the hive and/or drones pull through, hopefully this would be a moot point. Probably best to individually tell the 'borgs whatever you want, as long as you make no promises either for or against their proposal.