Old August 12, 2003, 08:31   #31
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Must have been an oversight a Hive probe team! I will rectify his when I get home, and can see a logical place to put it. Any suggestions?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old August 12, 2003, 15:46   #32
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:34
Quote:
Any suggestions?
Err... no. I have general guidelines I follow but I never plan ahead this far, as due to unforeseen events, such as the Pirates, there will always be a change in tech priorities.
Old September 24, 2003, 19:46   #33
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Would anyone mind if, in an attempt to improve PEACE-CyCon relations, I disclosed our future research plans, asked what theirs are, and tried to cooperate?
Old September 25, 2003, 17:39   #34
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

So long as we hand them this list that we haven't paid the least bit attention to at all

No seriously that sounds like a good idea I think, go for it.

C
Old September 27, 2003, 17:44   #35
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 02:34
I would wait a little bit longer, until CyCon-Peace relations will be (atleast i hope) better... at least till after we seal the Doc:Flex deal.

If we don't get that deal round, than IHMO they can forget ever seeing anything about our valuable reseach plans!!
Old September 28, 2003, 19:24   #36
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I would say give it to them, then forget it and go militaristic Seriously, it's both fun and would help us in game, with techs, with population, with power, etc...

Old October 2, 2003, 09:38   #37
Maniac

An interesting detail: the UoP also got DocFlex this turn, while they didn't have it last turn IIRC.
A general rebellion against the pirates perhaps?
Old October 2, 2003, 11:06   #38
Drogue
staff

Maybe they are close friends and PEACE traded it?

Old October 2, 2003, 12:42   #39
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 02:34
Seems more likely they just bought from the AI, like we did.
Old October 2, 2003, 13:37   #40
Drogue
staff

When they're pacted with PEACE, I wouldn't put it past them.

Old January 23, 2004, 10:15   #41
Maniac

Perhaps a bit early to talk about this already, but I was wondering, what should be our next longterm goal after we have MMI (at least if the game will continue long enough to reach another longterm goal)?
A few possibilities might be:
a> Planetary Economics: Hybrid forests
b> Fusion Power: fusion reactor
c> Biomachinery: the Cloning Vats (Since we can't pop boom, this is perhaps the most important SP for us. Getting this could make us competitive to the Hive & Drones.)

There is fortunately quite a bit of overlap between these possible goals:
Between PlanEcon & Fusion Power: Intellectual Integrity
Between Fusion Power & Biomachinery: Advanced Military Algorithms.

Personally I'd prefer we aim to Biomachinery and the Cloning Vats. The importance of pop booming cannot be overstated IMHO.
Old January 23, 2004, 10:27   #42
Drogue
staff

How do we plan on playing this? If we can get Fusion early, then we can launch a war before others get it. Then that might be better. If not, we need pop-booming.

IMHO, beeline for Biomachinery straight after MMI, and then Fusion. If PUT go for Fusion first, they can try and take the Supercolider, and we have a decent chance of out-teching Hive/Drones together.

Old January 23, 2004, 15:45   #43
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Fusion must but our first or second goal, I think - this tech is pretty important. I would also like to see Cloning Vats - should we strike a deal with PUT so we can exchange techs? We won`t survive on our own, and we should outtech others (University and CyCon, ahem).
Old January 23, 2004, 20:33   #44
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Fusion is my first choice too, if not for launching a war, then at least our newly build (or upgraded) defenders will be stronger then all that can attack us.

If we go to war, we can have a pop increase by conquering bases, so biomachinery is only second then for me.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 24, 2004, 12:25   #45
Maniac

Drogue:
Quote:
IMHO, beeline for Biomachinery straight after MMI, and then Fusion. If PUT go for Fusion first, they can try and take the Supercolider, and we have a decent chance of out-teching Hive/Drones together.
We could plan it that PUT and us first both cooperate to AdvMilAlg. Then we temporarily diverge: CyCon researches the three techs still necessary for the Cloning Vats (BioEng, RetroEng & Biomach) while PUT aims for Applied Relativity (researching Superconductor on the way). Then when these goals are both met, we converge our research plans again to research the +-5 remaining techs still necessary for Fusion Power.

obstructor:
Quote:
- should we strike a deal with PUT so we can exchange techs?
If the leapfrog to MMI is succesful, we could indeed further negotiate about leapfrogging to AdvMilAlg or something (at least if we don't first decide to go for CentMed, psi combat and IoDs, which seems a well-received suggestion in the military emergency plan thread ).

GeoModder:
Quote:
If we go to war, we can have a pop increase by conquering bases, so biomachinery is only second then for me.
Why not popboom AND go to war?
Old January 24, 2004, 17:55   #46
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
We could plan it that PUT and us first both cooperate to AdvMilAlg. Then we temporarily diverge: CyCon researches the three techs still necessary for the Cloning Vats (BioEng, RetroEng & Biomach) while PUT aims for Applied Relativity (researching Superconductor on the way). Then when these goals are both met, we converge our research plans again to research the +-5 remaining techs still necessary for Fusion Power.
Exactly my thoughts

Old January 24, 2004, 20:10   #47
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Why not popboom AND go to war?
Pls, not too much hay on the fork

But ok, I suppose with needljets we have an advantage 'till a faction has AMA, even against Fusion units.
Old January 25, 2004, 17:41   #48
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 18:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Maniac's plan sounds good to me

We can all agree that Fusion, AMA and Cloning Vats our are top 3 priorities after MMI so lets be bold and go for all of them. Our reserch efforts are going to start to catch up the Hive/Drones soon and coperation with Uni will bost us further.

Other near term goal would be the CDF/Int Integrity and CyberEthics for Knowlage value (definatly preferable to wealth in my opinion). And ofcorse Planetary Econ. If we dont trade Adaptive Econ to the Hive then we force them to pick between getting Planetary Econ (very slowly) or some other tec, it would greatly limit their ability to take any of the mid game projects.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 25, 2004, 18:01   #49
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Hive already has too much projects and we have only MCS. Must bulid lot of projects
Old January 25, 2004, 20:37   #50
Maniac

Quote:
Other near term goal would be the CDF/Int Integrity and CyberEthics for Knowlage value (definatly preferable to wealth in my opinion). And ofcorse Planetary Econ.
I agree. Though hopefully it will be possible to trade IntInt & PlanEcon with the Hive, so we can focus our research elsewhere.
Old January 27, 2004, 11:37   #51
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Can someone fill me in on the points required for our next Tec and our present rate? Along with the Rates and progress status for Hive and Uni. Has any faction aquired new tecs over the last turn?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 27, 2004, 12:05   #52
Drogue
staff

Maniac: We won't get the CDF, the Drones will get it very soon, and they will build it. Let's concentrate on crawlers and stuff to get us the Cloning Vats ASAP. We need that SP

Old January 27, 2004, 12:14   #53
Impaler[WrG]
King

We were only mentioning it as a 4th or 5th option orcorse the Cloning Vats is a more valuable and important Secret Project how could we not agree to that

I dont realy see any major effort by the Drones to get that project and frainkly it not very valuable to them either, if they pick it up as table scraps after we grab all the good projects I have no problem with that.
Old January 27, 2004, 12:36   #54
Drogue
staff

Impaler: That comment was:
a) to Maniac, responding to the fact that he thinks its a good idea to try to get Int Int for it.
b) the smileys were in jest and
c) the Drones have been granted to build it by the Hive. They are going to. I was saying there is no point in trying because we won't get it unless we can build it in the next year or two.

However as a 4th of 5th option? Considering the Hive will have the CBA and the Drones the CF (unless the Hive nicks both), what else have we to go for. PEG first, of course, then straight build up to Cloning Vats, which isn't far away. However IMHO we won't get that unless we push. The Hive will have MMI by 2156, which is a problem for us.

Old January 27, 2004, 12:38   #55
Drogue
staff

What I meant was there is no point trying for the CDF, when we need to build up for the CV, and we won't get the CDF. Please make sure you understand the facts before using smileys. There is no point going for Int Int since there is no SP for us to get there.

Old January 27, 2004, 15:31   #56
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Maniac: We won't get the CDF, the Drones will get it very soon, and they will build it. Let's concentrate on crawlers and stuff to get us the Cloning Vats ASAP. We need that SP
How comes it anyway that suddenly the Hive will have CBA? Earlier it was mentioned that we had a chance for that as well.
Old January 29, 2004, 08:25   #57
Impaler[WrG]
King

The Hive lacks SotHB, Nural Grafting, and Air Power all tecs they would need to even START on MMI, not to mention Mod3 resrictions which would probly slow them down another tec.

The only way they can beat us and UNI to MMI is by heavily coperating with the Drones and possibly stealing Nural G from the univeristy, they very well might do that (I would If I was them) but it is not a shure thing by any account. We should continue pushing for MMI as fast as we can.

I estimate that we can put out around 175-200 Labs after we take FreeMarket and go 80% labs. If we hurry a few net Nodes in Key bases we can do even more. That would give us MMI in about 5-6 turns if the war were to stop right now. Asuming we have upgraded Crawlers in position that alows us to lay down the Secret Project the moment the tec is completed. We shouldn't just write off the CBA or CBF.
Old January 29, 2004, 12:36   #58
Maniac

The Drones will most likely steal Neural Grafting in their current turn MY 2154. They will then send D:AP, EnvEcon, SFF & Neural pre-accepted to the Hive who can then switch to MMI right at the start of their turn, allowing them to get MMI MY 2155. The Drones are probably now researching IIRC Polymorphic Software for their next goal: Fusion Power!

Btw, are you sure we can get 200 labs right now if we'd go FM?? I'll have to check it in-game.
Old January 31, 2004, 11:43   #59
Impaler[WrG]
King

With 80% Labs, FreeMarket and Net Nodes in Logic Loop, Apolyton Prime, Triplex and Pi Square (are best bases) I estimate we could generate 230 Labs. Perhaps up to 260 with Evn Econ (extra energy).

But if the Hive/Drones secure MMI before we do then perhaps we should imediatly redirect our efforts on a new goal such as the Cloning Vats or Astetic Virtues. Then we simple Probe Steal MMI from them at some later date (useing our supperior navy to support a Probe Foil assault or just taking coastal bases outright).

We might go so far as to stop doing Reserch for ourselves and simply pump Credits and build facilites and Probes and Navy. As it seems we will be fusing with Uni soon this could prove a good plan, we can generate near 200 Credits a turn with 80% Econ which will buy us all the facilites our hearts desire.
Old January 31, 2004, 13:19   #60
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
With 80% Labs, FreeMarket and Net Nodes in Logic Loop, Apolyton Prime, Triplex and Pi Square (are best bases) I estimate we could generate 230 Labs. Perhaps up to 260 with Evn Econ (extra energy).
I checked yesterday and IIRC it was about 150 labs. Also, you speak about network nodes, but with the drones most likely on the verge of a conquest of PUT, can we afford the minerals to build many facilities?
If we unite with PUT, I'd much rather prefer your suggestion that the CC concentrate on credits and PUT on research.

Quote:
(useing our supperior navy to support a Probe Foil assault or just taking coastal bases outright).
to probe assaults, but capturing the bases? Unless we have a large force, they would be soon be recaptured and our tech would be stolen from the captured base. To prevent that we should have to obliterate captured bases, but that would remove our commerce with PUT due to sanctions.