Old May 15, 2003, 20:45   #1
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 02:38
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ACDG(2) New common threads.
Now that we've started I think it would be a good idea to launch some of those new common threads we talked about. The media threads are good but some posts have, for lack of some where new, been off topic.

Also as the current Rec Commons- Paradise Gardens really belonged to the first ACDG and was opened to tie in with the end of the game, I think it should be closed and a new one opened. Maybe with a new name Hologram House or something.

On the otherhand we've grown familiar with the concept of a
spam lively debating lounge conjured up by the term Recreational Commons.

And a new ACDG(2) Rules and FAQ thread too.

A new members/ citizens thread could be the place where recruitment messages of equal size (to be agreed) for each faction could be placed with links to media and other general forum associated faction threads.

I am sure much of this was already about to be set in motion by Maniac or TKG so apologies if that is the case.
Old May 15, 2003, 20:52   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:38
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: ACDG(2) New common threads.
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
And a new ACDG(2) Rules and FAQ thread too.
i have that already, it's topped. check the chief librarian's office thread though, i asked for more input. ATM it's a bit sparse so if anyone can think of anything else to add....
Quote:
A new members/ citizens thread could be the place where recruitment messages of equal size (to be agreed) for each faction could be placed with links to media and other general forum associated faction threads.
i like it. just make sure it's locked so people dont spam in it
Old May 15, 2003, 21:06   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:38
Quote:
I am sure much of this was already about to be set in motion by Maniac or TKG so apologies if that is the case.
You have too much confidence in me.
Old May 15, 2003, 21:07   #4
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 19:38
I like the Citizen Registry idea especially

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 15, 2003, 21:13   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 03:38
About the thread for interfactional spammy lively debating meetings, Drogue raised this question as technically we haven't met yet:

Quote:
BTW: Shouldn't we not discuss until we've met factions in game, or should we just not discuss about the game with them?
I answered:

Quote:
I've thought about that too. Perhaps we can still discuss on the general forum, using the RP excuse that we are receiving some random radio transmissions from other parts of Planet, not strong enough to do full diplomatic contact, but enough to converse in this forum.
So perhaps the new "rec commons" should be called "Radio Amateur Channel" or something. A better name is much desired...
Old May 15, 2003, 21:19   #6
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:38
Planetary Cocktail Lounge?
Old May 15, 2003, 21:41   #7
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Re: ACDG Rules and FAQ

Quote:
I have that already, it's topped. check the chief librarian's office thread though, i asked for more input. ATM it's a
bit sparse so if anyone can think of anything else to add....
Yeah I noticed that and I think I read it a while back but the thread title confused me. I kept thinking it was the old one ( no (2) ) and then I looked at the last post date which says Oct 2002 and the number of views 745 and I thought ah that's the old one.
Old May 16, 2003, 08:53   #8
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:38
How about we have our own Registry threads here, of all members allowed into the private forums, with our advertisments in there? That way people can come into the main forum, look to see what the factions say, and sign up for one.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 16, 2003, 10:37   #9
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 19:38
A propaganda thread and a citizen registry thread all-in-one?

Part of the fun of a citizen registry is to not have a lot of posts in there though...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 16, 2003, 15:03   #10
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 22:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Re: ACDG Rules and FAQ
Yeah I noticed that and I think I read it a while back but the thread title confused me. I kept thinking it was the old one ( no (2) ) and then I looked at the last post date which says Oct 2002 and the number of views 745 and I thought ah that's the old one.
yes, that was posted in october. i just edited it a short time ago though to include up-to-date information
Old May 16, 2003, 16:10   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:38
FF: Not two threads, basically a thread where we can advertise our faction and where people can post if they want to be authorised to enter the private forum. The registry (or at least ours) is in the private forum.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 17, 2003, 22:53   #12
Hercules
Deity

I'd like some basic procedures for new sign ups of which the minimum is a valid email address.