Old May 16, 2003, 19:26   #1
nbarclay
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 19:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
BetaHound, you're needed to deal with another bug
BetaHound, in case you aren't reading the turn threads, there's been another malfunction with the save. You (or someone else from Vox) will need to replay Vox's turn and renegotiate your peace treaty with Neu Demogyptica. (Hopefully, that will fix the problem.)
Old May 17, 2003, 10:13   #2
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
It's been 38.5 hours since Beta sent the save where he forgot to renegotiate peace with ND.
Is he the only member of Vox who can reproduce the last turn? Hopefully not - there must be someone in Vox who has an idea of what happened

I know you guys are a small team... but this is getting absurd. Holding the game for good reasons (when discussion is required) is one thing, even if it takes a full 24 hours. But this state, where the game has been stopped due to a human error (which is completely understandable), but continues to be delayed simply because of inefficiency (which is unjustified and inexcusable IMHO) is, frankly, driving me nuts.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 17, 2003, 16:09   #3
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 20:43
he probably sent it just before he went on to do RL stuff, expecting a full round of turn to take awhile.

So give him some time. He checks poly quite regulary, so if hes not busy he'll get the message.

Try PMing Dissident.
Old May 17, 2003, 16:31   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I did send him a PM.

I'm not criticising Beta, nor do I expect him to give the game priority over RL; I'm criticising the rest of Vox Controli for not doing something about this situation. In fact, I haven't even heard a comment about from a member of Vox yet, let alone seen any actions.
Unless BetaHound acted on his own and did not post information about what he did, or the team did not have any discussion on last turn's actions and noone in Vox but BetaHound has any idea what Vox did last turn (which I find is highly unlikely, not to mention ridiculous), I expect to see some member of Vox stepping up and saying: "It's been almost two full days now, and I don't want to keep the rest of you waiting another 24 hours. Send the save to me, I will dig through the Vox forum to see what went on last turn, maybe improvise a bit on my behalf but it's not a big deal, recreate Beta's turn, send an accepted peace renegotiation to ND and pass the turn to Lego".
Yet noone has stepped up and taken responsibility.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 17, 2003, 17:54   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 21:43
I'm just back now. I'll replay.
Old May 17, 2003, 18:14   #6
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

The only problem is that there is nothing to re-negotiate. We do not have an embassy - so Agreements do not show up. We are not at war - so peace treaty is not an option.

Any ideas?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:18   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Yes. Hit the active deals option in the negotiation screen with ND. It should show peace. Click on that (or double click) that brings peace 'up' onto the table. Clear the table if you want to start a war, or click accept and send if you want to renew.
Old May 17, 2003, 18:26   #8
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
It's been 38.5 hours since Beta sent the save where he forgot to renegotiate peace with ND.
Is he the only member of Vox who can reproduce the last turn? Hopefully not - there must be someone in Vox who has an idea of what happened

I know you guys are a small team... but this is getting absurd. Holding the game for good reasons (when discussion is required) is one thing, even if it takes a full 24 hours. But this state, where the game has been stopped due to a human error (which is completely understandable), but continues to be delayed simply because of inefficiency (which is unjustified and inexcusable IMHO) is, frankly, driving me nuts.
I did check the threads last night - sorry I missed this. It was a tough week and I was tired.

As for our team - a number have just finished school years, and Harry is away at a dog show, etc, etc.

As for human error - well - it wasn't clear to me that we were supposed to make peace - again- with ND, and in fact - I have no idea how we do it as we are already at peace.

OK?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:29   #9
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Yes. Hit the active deals option in the negotiation screen with ND. It should show peace. Click on that (or double click) that brings peace 'up' onto the table. Clear the table if you want to start a war, or click accept and send if you want to renew.
Thanks nye!

OK - I do the double click and the Sid man comes up and says "Are you sure you want to re-negotiate peace" I click "es - I am absolutely sure.", and the table clears.

That it?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:31   #10
Beta
lifer
Deity

OK - and then peace treaty shows up as an option - so I put i on the table - and hit accept and send.

And the leaders screen shows us at war with ND. Is this what we want?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:31   #11
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Beta.

See the bottom of the screen? Clear Table... New... Active

Click on Active. You will then see that Peace is active (but not for much longer). Get Peace back up onto the table, click accept and send. A great calamity will then be averted through your heroic actions
Old May 17, 2003, 18:32   #12
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Beta.

See the bottom of the screen? Clear Table... New... Active

Click on Active. You will then see that Peace is active (but not for much longer). Get Peace back up onto the table, click accept and send. A great calamity will then be averted through your heroic actions
Heroic - albeit delayed.
Old May 17, 2003, 18:33   #13
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
OK - and then peace treaty shows up as an option - so I put i on the table - and hit accept and send.

And the leaders screen shows us at war with ND. Is this what we want?
That's close enough. Maybe only a single click. That might result in peace staying on the table and the war not starting.
Old May 17, 2003, 18:35   #14
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound

Heroic - albeit delayed.
s'OK. Are you guys down to just you as a player?

Is there anyone else we should contact in an emergency?
Old May 17, 2003, 18:42   #15
Beta
lifer
Deity

Even withthe single click on the peace treaty on ND's side of the table - the same process occurs and the F4 screen shows us at war. But peace has been sent.

As to other players - I will discuss with the team.
Old May 17, 2003, 18:43   #16
Beta
lifer
Deity

Resending to vondrack.
Old May 17, 2003, 22:36   #17
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
the F4 screen shows us at war
This is because when peace is renegotiated, a state of war exists between the two nations before peace is accepted by both parties.

This affects the trading of both gold-per-turn agreements and resource trading.

gold-per-turn agreements are relativly easy to deal with; just send the correct amount each turn as if it were a single turn payment.

resource trading is different; however; because they can only last for 20 turns, and cannot be given turn by turn.

I fear that this bug will stay a constant feature of international diplomacy from here on.
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old May 18, 2003, 05:36   #18
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 02:43
So, we are at war with Vox?
Good if they want peace we'll give it to them.
Do we have to repeat it every 20 turns ad infinitum?
That can get tricky just in case we forget again.....
Old May 18, 2003, 09:32   #19
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darekill
So, we are at war with Vox?
Good if they want peace we'll give it to them.
Do we have to repeat it every 20 turns ad infinitum?
That can get tricky just in case we forget again.....
Good question.

And the answer is.....
Old May 18, 2003, 15:58   #20
notyoueither
Deity

Yes, until the next patch is released, which is supposed to be world wide at release, and fixes the bug.
Old May 18, 2003, 19:12   #21
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 20:43
hopefully patch will be released before 20 turns are up
Old May 18, 2003, 23:19   #22
Shiber
Emperor

I think Firaxis want to take their best shot at fixing PBEM in this patch, since it's the last one before Civ III: Conquest.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 19, 2003, 00:07   #23
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:43
But tell me how many issues will be addressed toward the Civ 3 game itself in the expansion pack. I'll bet there are a few things that could be applied to the PTW game that are to be fixed/addressed in the new expansion.
Old May 19, 2003, 01:52   #24
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:43
I have the same thoughts BigFree.
Old May 19, 2003, 10:40   #25
Shiber
Emperor

Some info about Conquests in case anyone is interested.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old May 19, 2003, 19:15   #26
Beta
lifer
Deity

I just noticed that the name of this thread is fitting given my new role on Team Monkee.

Now - where did that little bug ger go? Ah - tasty.