Old May 16, 2003, 21:21   #1
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 11:43
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hive Society
I think discussion should be started on how we are to structure our glorious society. I know we haven't been on our new planet for very long, but we need to organise our society before the rot of capitalism takes over. Here are my proposals for a Hive society:

All ministers/commissioners/(whatever the title may be, they all mean the same thing) including the Chairman are to be elected by a majority of the People

All decisions on the running of our glorious society are to be decided on by the People - the "ministers" will run polls or topics on our forum where the People will discuss how to run our society. After a set date discussion will be over and the "minister" will take the will of the people to the chairman

The chairman, who of course has near-infinite wisdom, should have a veto over any decision put forward by the ministers.

While the People will run their own society in an open environment, we must protect ourselves from deviants who would seek to undermine and destroy the goals and ideals of the Hive; we must institute a police state People's Democracy as quickly as possible.

We have been given a new chance, a fresh start, for humanity. We are free from the established capitalist order of Earth and must quickly designate capitalism to the past. We are all truly equals on this new planet and we must stop any attempt to change this equilibrium of power - we must institute a centrally Planned economy as soon as possible.

In the true spirit of a people's democracy I welcome everyone here to comment on and further the suggestions I have made here
Old May 16, 2003, 22:01   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Old May 16, 2003, 22:05   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

That is the structure of the Hiverian state; we've discussed this earlier, and ALL of the suggestions you have proposed have already been implemented.

We could use more forward right thinking communists like you Comrade Gnool.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 16, 2003, 23:58   #4
Haon
ACDG The Human HiveMacAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 01:43
Chairman Voltaire, which of those ministers controlls the Formers and terraforming?
Old May 17, 2003, 01:34   #5
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Haon
Chairman Voltaire, which of those ministers controlls the Formers and terraforming?
That would be the Department of Infrastructure under the control of the Ministry of Industry and Development Comrade Haon; which means that unless we have a Commissar of Infrastructure, you're in charge Comrade (BTW you're free to appoint anyone under you to take care of any specific thing if you wish, the Departments are not democratically elected).

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 17, 2003, 01:40   #6
Voltaire
King

One more think, from now on let the Commissioner of Democratic Reform post the polls, that's what he's there for (less work for me).

-Chairman Voltaire
Old May 17, 2003, 03:19   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 01:43
More work for me Not that posting Hive polls involves much work, of course.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 17, 2003, 10:11   #8
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 11:43
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
That is the structure of the Hiverian state; we've discussed this earlier, and ALL of the suggestions you have proposed have already been implemented.
whoops I guess I didn't read that far. But still I think it would be nice to have a thread (this one) to discuss the unfolding of our society.

EDIT: I have another proposal - that we organise our formers into efficient communes (group 3-5 of them together working one square). We are able to support more formers than the other factions, and collectivisation is a trendy communist thing to do

Last edited by Gnool; May 17, 2003 at 11:08.