Old May 17, 2003, 23:51   #1
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Establishing a new University newspaper?
Given that Tass has now left this team, were without a PR person again. This, obviosuly, should not be allowed to stand, so we need to find ourselves someone else to write our newspaper, as well as finding a new name for it. Having written the CNN in the previous DG, I'd be willing to take up the position; is there anyone else who would like to?
Old May 18, 2003, 13:20   #2
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 02:51
I'm afraid to let too many functions drop on your and Arch's shoulders - I certainly wouldn't mind if you did it, but do you think you'll manage? Granted, your footy manager skills won't be in much demand until later in the season
Old May 18, 2003, 14:51   #3
Timbba
ACDG Planet University of Technology
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:51
I might give it a try, but I'm not sure if I can handle it... there are a few Busy RL Things (tm) going on .
Old May 18, 2003, 23:41   #4
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 19:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I might also be able to help, but I must agree that RL is a pain in the old neck.
Old May 19, 2003, 04:10   #5
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by moomin
I'm afraid to let too many functions drop on your and Arch's shoulders - I certainly wouldn't mind if you did it, but do you think you'll manage? Granted, your footy manager skills won't be in much demand until later in the season
Bah, don't worry. I managed to serve as Commish, CNN Editor and Governor of about half the faction at the end of the first DG...
Old May 19, 2003, 05:34   #6
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Grab it and run, then, GT!
Old May 19, 2003, 05:37   #7
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Ok... any suggestions regarding the name? Should I just keep it as the University Tribune, or use a new one?
Old May 19, 2003, 05:41   #8
moomin
King

The least we can do is change it. I never liked the Tribune anyway, and since the vote was in the public area I guess the Hive members staged it.

It's your call, but I'd like Planet University Post. Or PUP. Surely we can scrap up a picture of a nice doggy somewhere as a logo
Old May 19, 2003, 05:50   #9
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Well, I've got no real preference (although I don't much like the Tribune name either...), so I'm open to suggestions.
Old May 19, 2003, 14:59   #10
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
If you can do it, GT, I'm all for it.

Regarding the name, I liked moomin's suggestion, but I'd offer my own: "The Science Monitor".
Old May 20, 2003, 06:53   #11
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Oh, good one...
Old May 20, 2003, 07:39   #12
Timbba
ACDG Planet University of Technology
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:51
the University Factional Network | Global Services | Officially Approved (a.k.a censored, a.k.a propaganda) Newsfeed

(or UFN:GS:OAN for short, scientists like long, weird acronyms)
Old May 20, 2003, 10:03   #13
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 18:51
Or how about the PUTTER:

The Planet University Times - Truth, Enlightenment, Research
Old May 20, 2003, 16:32   #14
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 22:51
Nice idea, Googlie... after all, we're high on com-putters, aren't we?
Old May 20, 2003, 19:36   #15
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 21:51
None of these names have particularly hit me, but I like Googlie's idea.
Old May 21, 2003, 02:55   #16
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Arghh, this is so hard to decide... however, on balance, I think I'll go with the Science Monitor. It fits the University rather better than the others...
Old May 21, 2003, 07:29   #17
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Ok, the Editor's Office is now open here.