Old May 18, 2003, 18:27   #1
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 17:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Term 2 Nominations
Doing some house cleaning while MrWIA has been kidnapped!

(I think we're definitely going to need a news article on this folks).

But let's get setup here. Not sure when we will hold elections (perhaps in a week? we're going to need to modify the NewCon since it has the dates in there pretty specific I believe?)

Anyways, let's get setup!

Post your nominations for

President
GodKing

Vice President
Octavian X
OPD

Supreme Military Commander
dejon
mrmitchell

Foreign Affairs Minister
Kloreep

Domestic Minister
panag
Betahound

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; May 26, 2003 at 06:33.
Old May 18, 2003, 19:50   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 13:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I was hoping (for simplicity's sake and the fact that we started play about the 1st of May) that Term II would start June 1, and each subsequent term on the first of the month thereafter.

Thus nominations about the 18th/19th, elections the 24th/25th, ending the 30th, ready for Term 2 to take over the 1st. Sound good?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 18, 2003, 21:25   #3
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 21:53
That term timing stuff sounds good
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old May 18, 2003, 21:28   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:53
Sounds good to me. I had forgotten there was a delay between elections and the game's start.
Old May 19, 2003, 01:01   #5
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 19:53
Sounds like a plan. It's easier to keep track of elections when the date is somewhere more recognizable in the month.
Old May 19, 2003, 04:17   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
Yes, definitely go with elections ending with the month...
Old May 19, 2003, 04:38   #7
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i second the beginning of the month idea

as for me, i will nto be running for the second term. things are getting a bit busy here, and it's only going to get moreso i'll still be an active part of the game, but i'm not sure i can make turnchats.

i'll finish off this term professionally though, don't worry
Old May 20, 2003, 15:04   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 22:53
Hey, where's everybody?
No candidates?
Old May 20, 2003, 17:02   #9
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Count me in for something.... oh, prez. However, chats will be not be held on apolyton chat (assuming it gets back up) as my computer is not compatable with it. Undernet works fine.

As I suspect I will end up loosing I will most likely be acting prez for half the term like I did this term for DM.....

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 20, 2003, 17:09   #10
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:53
GK for pres
Old May 20, 2003, 17:36   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Umm... Uber for military!
Old May 20, 2003, 17:55   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Go GK!

Hmm... wonder who'll be our next SMC. Aggie? mrmitchell?
Old May 21, 2003, 03:12   #13
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 12:53
I suppose I should anounce that until I can figure out how to solve my IRC problems, I will not be running for anything. We need government officials who can actually do stuff...
Old May 21, 2003, 03:56   #14
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 18:53
I nominate WhiteBandit for President

I nominate God King for Vice President

I nominate History Guy for Supreme Military Commander

I nominate Kloreep for Foreign Affairs Minister

I nominate E_T for Domestic Minister
Old May 21, 2003, 13:02   #15
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Fine by me BigFree - VP, P whatever. I would just like to help out and contribute to our glorious victory.

--Con
Old May 21, 2003, 19:16   #16
Kloreep
Emperor

I appreciate the nomination BigFree. I'm considering both FAM and DM. However, before I nominate myself, a question for GodKing (and all other VP/Prez candidates): When do you except to run your turnchats? Weekends, especially saturdays, will be busy for me during the summer, so I want to make sure I can attend at least some chats.
Old May 21, 2003, 22:05   #17
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I appreciate the nomination but I don't feel I'll have the time to dedicate to the SPDG this next term. Have a lot of stuff for summer plus the ISDG to worry about. Thanks anyway though!!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 22, 2003, 08:52   #18
GodKing
Emperor

I would like to do 2 per week, of between 5 and 10 turns each time. However, I am very buisy durring the week days, and would like whomever the VP is to do a mid week chat. I can probably fit in 1-2 mid week chats durring the month, but it would be hard.

On the weekends, I would alternate between saturdays and sundays, whatever time worked out better for the ministers (assuming we get any... where is everybody?)

I know OPD is considering running for VP. Hopefully, he will find the time.

--Con
Old May 22, 2003, 22:51   #19
Octavian X
King

Well, what the hell... Sign me up for Vice-President.

Old May 23, 2003, 01:51   #20
WhiteBandit
Prince

Come on guys!
Elections in a few days, surely we can get more people to sign up. I mean read the turnchat logs. Look at all the mistakes *I* made and we're still alive. I'm telling you, we are destined for something great.

Get in on it while it's still hot.

Old May 23, 2003, 09:43   #21
GodKing
Emperor

Perhaps we should write a news update indicating that as nobody is running, the game is going to die out..... that might generate some interest.

--Con
Old May 23, 2003, 09:53   #22
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Perhaps people are intimidated by the Diety level and our challenging start?

I hereby announce my intention to run for Supreme Military Commander.

While I do not have the experience that others do, I do serve the RP Team in this capacity (though we haven't been at war yet). I intend to draw heavily from the feedback and suggestions of the Senate.

I am serious about running, but also hope that I will prompt others (vets, newbies, and everyone in-between) to run for this office, and others, as well.
Old May 23, 2003, 11:37   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 03:53
hi ,

, i go for interior minister

have a nice day
Old May 23, 2003, 12:38   #24
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

I maybe should run for something, but recently all my time has been spent on C3MT, newsreporting, filemanager duties and real life issues... So I'm not sure how my time shall be sufficient... I'll have to think about it...
Old May 23, 2003, 12:47   #25
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
I maybe should run for something, but recently all my time has been spent on C3MT, newsreporting, filemanager duties and real life issues... So I'm not sure how my time shall be sufficient... I'll have to think about it...
hi ,

wow

that would be great

please do so

have a nice day
Old May 23, 2003, 22:06   #26
Kloreep
Emperor

Seeing as DM has a candidate but FAM does not, I will run for FAM.
Old May 24, 2003, 12:26   #27
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

*pops out of nowhere*
I announce that I will run for SMC.
*retreats back into nowhere*
Old May 24, 2003, 20:06   #28
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

After think I'll not run for any position due to a two week vacation in the early june.
Old May 24, 2003, 20:29   #29
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos
After think I'll not run for any position due to a two week vacation in the early june.
Bummer, you got my hopes up! Have a nice vacation!
Old May 24, 2003, 21:57   #30
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

OK - I will run for the domestic minister. Hey I have spent the last 3 weekends gardening . Can't get much more domestic than that.

I have made 5 of the first 6 turn chats. I am actively involved with the administration of Vox Controli in the ptwdg. And I have learned from our early moves in that game. I now play on deity on my single player games (Ok - you caught me - I started a game this week on Monarchy with the Romans... I have to admit.)

I have never held a position in the spdg before. But I am looking forward to running an effective economy, and I understand the realities of this game. The economy is there for one reason - to fuel the military.

Rock on! Vikings rule!