Old May 19, 2003, 03:59   #1
amirbern
Settler

Local Time: 01:54
Local Date: November 2, 2010
need some help with maps
Hi, I'm playing in goodmod for apolyton pack the way it should be. I downloaded the 27 civ's maps and omnis map. but when I launch a scenario with these maps the computer crashes. are these maps suitable for my mod?
if so, than how should I make it work? if not, than could you give me links to a world map that would work for my mod?
thanx
Old May 19, 2003, 05:57   #2
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 02:54
Hi amirbern,

quick questions first:

Did you already play with the SAP and goodmod on it's own before, or did you just 'upgrade'? If so, make sure you followed the instructions mentioned with the mod's.

Also do you get some error-messages with the crash?
Is it while opening or when you play?

It is not related to a problem, when opening a goody hut?
Old May 19, 2003, 13:05   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 03:54
Gilgamensch he just tries to launch a map that was created for the standart game and not for any version of GoodMod. So he just loaded it and it crashs. That is normal.

amirbern, a scenario is something like a savegame, if you want to play it on GoodMod for ApolytonPack then it has to be made for GoodMod for ApolytonPack. Well I don't know exactly if this method work, but if not we can try something else. So start the game with the original ModSwapper option, and start the scenario. Use the cheat editor to save the map as map file, not as scenario. Now leave the game and start the game with the mod you want to use. Now start a new game and use the cheat editor agian to load the map. I don't know if units on the map are saved, too. If no you have to place the 27 or was it 28 settlers again on the map on your own. If yes you just need now to make sure that you save the scenario in Full Game mode (no starting positions are defined).

Now you can start the map as scenario in GoodMod for ApolytonPack.

-Martin
Old May 20, 2003, 13:31   #4
amirbern
Settler

Local Time: 01:54
well. I tried to do what Martin said but the game still crashed when I tried to load the 27 civs on the original mod. anymore suggestions?
better yet, are there any world maps designed to play with the goodmod and sap?
Amir
Old May 26, 2003, 13:40   #5
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 03:54
OK we try something else. Use ModSwapper to start CTP2 with the original game setup. Load the scenario/map. Now open the chat window with the apostrope key: '

Enter the text:

/exportmap mymap.txt

mymap.txt is the name of the file in which the map should be saved in text format, so you can also select another name.

Now quit CTP2 and restart the game with the mod you whish to play. E.g. start CTP2 with ModSwapper and select GoodMod for ApolytonPack 2.0! The way it should be! Or whatever you whish. Now start a new game. Importantly the map of the game you start must have the same size like the map you whish to convert otherwise the whole process fails. So if your map you whish to convert is a gigantic map you have to start a new game with a gigantic map as base. Well if the map you whish to convert is a non standart-sized map we have to give further information to you.

Once you are in the newly created game open the chat window and enter:

/importmap mymap.txt

And you have to place settlers with the cheat editor and save the whole map as full game.

Well for you second question: As far as I know there are no maps designed for GoodMod.

-Martin