Old May 20, 2003, 18:55   #31
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 20:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
so the economic arguement is the only one that stands in the eyes of the American people...
You ignore the difference between 'abortion on demand,' and 'funding for abortion clinics.'

Essentially, what these polls are saying is that they are in favour of abortion being available for a women in certain circumstances, and not others. We cannot conclude on the circumstances in which people favour restrictions on abortions without further information.

One may be economic, but I suspect more people favour restrictions based on gestational age, and for the 'health' of the mother rather than for the economic situation of the mother.
Old May 20, 2003, 19:15   #32
Al B. Sure!
Emperor

Local Time: 21:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
obiwan:

no but polls show that most americans are in favour of gov't funding of abortion clinics so poor women can get abortions... i think it can thus be assumed (based on this and the other poll about abortion on demand) that the majority of americans are willing to allow poor women to have abortions but not anyone.