Old May 23, 2003, 06:21   #31
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 01:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
Nuclear devices that were taken away from Wine facilities by terrorists later turned up to be in the possession of Athkala authorities
Define terrorist. They were taken by Athkalan agents. If secret services are terrorists, then we are all guilty of supporing terrorism.

Quote:
which used it to threaten another country.
Only once threatened by them.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 23, 2003, 13:04   #32
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 17:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni Wine
To: Jackson

You have the permission of talking with Mr. Gabiadini, he is currently working at the community camps of Nebbiolo, under strict RIAW surveillance, as a toilet cleaner.

Your agents may talk with him whenever they wish to.

Saluti
Our agents are on theire way now to talk to Mr. Gabiadini. They should arrive by plain in the next few hours. We hope that Mr. Gabiadini is willing to talk or we will have to find a way to get him to talk.
Old May 23, 2003, 13:10   #33
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www

Our agents are on theire way now to talk to Mr. Gabiadini. They should arrive by plain in the next few hours. We hope that Mr. Gabiadini is willing to talk or we will have to find a way to get him to talk.
In other news, the entire Apolyton East Fleet has been molobized and is now patrolling near Athkalan. Also the 5th Armor Cavalry Corps and the 28th Mech Infantry Corps has been called up for deployement, the area of deployment is not yet know to the troops at this time though.
Old May 23, 2003, 14:15   #34
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www
In other news, the entire Apolyton East Fleet has been molobized and is now patrolling near Athkalan.
As long as they do not encroach upon Athkalan waters, that is ok. Please leave them a sensible distance away however, that area is being used by Zetaris, and Wine at times, for military exercises.

Old May 23, 2003, 23:05   #35
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 09:57
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Define terrorist. They were taken by Athkalan agents. If secret services are terrorists, then we are all guilty of supporing terrorism.
Normal agents don't go around with trucks filled with high explosives attacking installations in another country. If this is the way that Athkalan agents operate, the Dominion of Noosland is compelled to take pre-emptive steps to neutralise this international threat.

Quote:
Only once threatened by them.
By a country that had no regular military forces?
Old May 24, 2003, 00:22   #36
Jack_www
King

The information we now have points to a terrorist group is the one responsible for the nuclear blast in Jackson. Allthough the terrorist gained the plains for the nuclear bomb when it was in transit to Athkalan.

Clearly Athkalan is not a very responsible nation, and reverts to using terrorist to gain what they want, and in turn those terrorist gain the knowledge and materials they need to build a nuclear weapon, which killing 15,000 Jackson Citizens, and this number will counitnue to rise as time passes. Athkalan is a threat to our entire region, they are reckless with their weapons and their use of terrorist like people or terrorist groups lead to the deaths of thousands and soon maybe even millions. We demand that Athkalan do something about this or Jackson will be forced to take action.
Old May 24, 2003, 09:06   #37
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

We must insist that nations wait before taking any form of military action, in anything but defence against a DIRECT attack on their nations. We simply dont have enough information to justify attacks on Athkala, or Athkalan interests. Lets not initiate or provoke an attack. It would be preferable to work WITH Athkala here, however "responsible" they are, we assume that they dont want terrorism, and thus will want take measures against it.

To Athkala: Please confirm this, it is very much in your interests at this time it would seem to make it clear that you are not a supporter of terrorism.

Thus far, the best lead we have is Mr Gabiadini and the naval engagement off Marijuania. More information on the latter will be available soon. We must wait until the two leads have been followed, it would be imprudent to attack anyone at this time. We understand Jackson's loss, and have helped out in repairing the damage. We sympathise with Jacksons anger and desire to hit back, but we must urge restraint at this time. Marijuania believes that such responces may be counter-productive, which is the last thing we need at this time. It would appear that our "hunch" was correct, this terrorist organisation is trying to start an international conflict, and we are determined not to give them what they want.

"By a country that had no regular military forces?"

In the interests of balance and in fairness to Athkala, at the time Marijuania made that threat, it did have the capability to launch such attacks. Botched together admittedly, whether they would have worked or not is a different question, but academic today, as Marijuania now has a competent military.
Old May 24, 2003, 22:38   #38
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 11:57
Quote:

Normal agents don't go around with trucks filled with high explosives attacking installations in another country. If this is the way that Athkalan agents operate, the Dominion of Noosland is compelled to take pre-emptive steps to neutralise this international threat.
The Empire of Dakmoristan supports Noosland's position. Dangerous actions by irresponsible governments must not be tolerated.
Old May 25, 2003, 08:47   #39
Whaleboy
Prince

"Dangerous actions by irresponsible governments must not be tolerated"

Marijuania will not tolerate unprovoked acts of war against other nations by any government. This does not include secret service actions, that is for the intelligence sector to deal with. It does not include terrorism, including state sponsored terrorism, as that is a matter of good internel security and intelligence.

Warring, attacking or antagonising other nations will do NOTHING to stop dangerous governments in any but that particular nation. Look at certain military actions recently in RL, which has only served to incite more terrorism by angering the affected community. Blind, knee-jerk military action is counter-productive.

We do not classify Athkala as a dangerous government, it is a civilised nation, with a competent government. If they have problems with foreign policy, then that is a relatively minor issue they can address on their own, with the HELP of the international community, without further bloodshed. We say this, even though Athkala recently declared war on us, because that situation was resolved in a mature, reasonable manner by the three nations involved, and we are satisfied that Athkala as such, acts as a reasonable government.

Elethar on the other hand is a different matter, see the other thread. We have evidence (again see my naval engagement thread), that Elethar is behind the recent attempted nuclear attack on Marijuania, which was related to the attacks on Jackson, because the bomb was of the same design. They got that design undoubtable from the Athkala/Wine bomb incident, but that situation, in its own right, has been resolved, we are merely dealing with the repercussions. If one is to take action on a government because of indirect repercussions, then Marijuania will not have any part of such a belated, misguided action.
Old May 25, 2003, 14:02   #40
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Normal agents don't go around with trucks filled with high explosives attacking installations in another country.
Has that happened? If by high explosives you mean the nuke, how else do you transport them? Most nations use trucks of some sort to transport them.

Quote:
By a country that had no regular military forces?
They claimed to have nukes and threatened us with them. All that was stated was that Athkala would reply in kind to any attack made upon it's forces. Hardly a major threat.

Quote:
We demand that Athkalan do something about this or Jackson will be forced to take action.
Please be more specific. What does Jackson wish Athkala to do?

Quote:
Dangerous actions by irresponsible governments must not be tolerated
Until they are proven to be dangerous, and until that nation is proven to have done something wrong, it would be irresponsible for any military action to be taken against it.

Old May 25, 2003, 15:49   #41
Jack_www
King

To Athkala:
We demand that you stop supporting terrorist and help bring the terrorist responsible to justice.
Old May 30, 2003, 08:17   #42
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:57
Quote:

Quote:
Nuclear devices that were taken away from Wine facilities by terrorists later turned up to be in the possession of Athkala authorities
Wine authorities were not aware of this, if the terrorists who bombed Lambrusco and stole our 2 nuclear warheads were truly Athkalan agents, we will be forced to act accordingly.

What do Athkala has to say to prevent such an event.

Saluti

OOC: Sorry if I was gone for so much time, having a lot to do at school, and barely have time to check this or the NES Forum, a PM from Drogue made me come back here to check a few things
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old May 30, 2003, 20:12   #43
Drogue
staff

TO Giovanni of Wine
FROM Princess Alice of Athkala

Athkala does not, nor has ever, supported the bombing of Wine. Athkalan agents received the nuclear device from an unnamed third party. We do not know who they were, but they sold it too us. We were unaware of the bombing at the time, nor had any knowledge of how they obtained it. Athkala does not support terrorism in anyway, and were unaware that we were doing so in purchasing that nuke. If we still had contact with the group, we would arrest them for terrorism, however they have fled from Athkala.

Athkala condemns wht attacks on Wine and Jackson, and had no part in either. We never have, nor even will, knowingly support any organisation convicted of terrorism, and do not support terrorists.

Old May 30, 2003, 20:56   #44
Whaleboy
Prince

OOC: Does Alice actually know that she has a nation?
Old May 31, 2003, 15:26   #45
Drogue
staff

Yes, it's her nation. Not Alice you met bowling the other week. Alice I know from athletics.

Old June 2, 2003, 18:35   #46
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 02:57
To: Princess Alice of Athkala

We just wanted to be sure of that, the way you responded to the emissary from Noosland was a bit ambiguos, and that's why we acted in such a rude manner, because we had to made that clear.

Wine is glad that we can count on your support against the terrorist menace that is threatning our world
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio