Old May 20, 2003, 12:23   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:58
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
When Government is Industrialized
Background

...."Today marks a great day in the history of America!"

The crowd cheered, President Smith had just announced that the plan to run the United States like a business conglomerate had been initiated. No longer would he be President Smith, he would be CEO Smith, and people would be able to vote via government stock only, with a vote cap of 100 per person.

CEO Smith's first order was to reevaluate the National debt, which had become more than any normal business would ever be allowed to have. By cutting wasteful programs like social security and wellfare... basically grandfathering the grandparents in, but not allowing new recipients, he caused anger among the elderly, but overall gladness at the increased pay.

Next, Smith focused on the armed forces, which he made extremely efficient, large bonuses were given for exceptional marksmanship and valor, and soon the entire U.S. Military was dominating the world, not only in technology, but overall skill as well.

The people for the most part were happy with these changes, increased security, decreased taxes, and decreased government waste all meant one thing to Smith... reelection.

-------
Ok, so this couldn't happen in real life, but I'm doing this for a project in argument against one of my friends, so bear with me, and critique please.
Old May 20, 2003, 12:43   #2
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 20:58
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Chapter 1
"Mon Capitan!! MON CAPITAN!!!"

"WHAT IS IT???"
The French general was with several french..."handmaidens" and did not wish to be disturbed.

"The Americans.... they attack!"

"No way! To Battle!"

The Frenchmen ran out of the barracks to mount as much of a defense as possible. The American soldiers, driven by the incentive program set forth by Smith, were driven harder by the new incentive, "dollars for stripes," basically for every french symbol of rank taken from a dead soldier, the American recieved a minimum of $100, which increased exponentially by rank. This caused very efficient and expert killings.

The Frenchmen stood their ground, but they could not avoid the bullets that were coming from the other side. One officer was quoted as saying, "It is almost as if God wants them to w---"... he died mid-speech.

Eventually, the French raised the white bedsheet which has become synonymous with all French military actions, and the American soldiers quickly took all symbols of rank from their uniforms.

---------------------------

The attacks in France did not bode well for America on the international stage, resulting in severe sanctions from various nations. The Americans didn't care though, they had the capability to take what they needed, and they were going to utilize that capability to it's furthest ends.

_____
that's it cause class is almost over now, more tomorrow!
Old May 20, 2003, 14:24   #3
Prince Jason
Warlord

Local Time: 17:58
sounds interesting,. waiting for more.