Old May 21, 2003, 03:12   #1
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Proposal: The Hive Website
Comrades:

There seems to be some interest in creating a Hive website independant of Apolyton, to store stuff like anthems, etc which we cannot do here.

I have some skills in this area, and I'm sure others do as well (like Frankychan ). Finding free webspace should be easy, if you don't mind a popup or two.

Before we start any serious work on such a proposal, would anyone like to add their two cents on what we would like to put up there, or layout, or if you think this might be a badidea , or whatever?
Old May 21, 2003, 08:33   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
This is a GOOD idea. You can use ALL the PRAVDA articles you want, and my Anthems too. I'm afraid I'm not much of a webdesigner though....

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 21, 2003, 11:18   #3
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 19:04
I think it’s a GREAT idea… we could use all the propaganda posters, and it would give me a chance to make more.
Old May 21, 2003, 13:53   #4
Static Universe
Prince

Excellent. I likely cannot begin any real work until Saturday, but will hunt around for webspace now and try to throw together some designs on paper at work.
Old May 21, 2003, 15:42   #5
Static Universe
Prince

And let's keep this project classified for the time being as well, so another faction doesn't throw up a crappy website before us.
Old May 21, 2003, 18:04   #6
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 16:04
Exxxcellent. Should we discuss how we want to layout the website before creating it?

Glory to the Hive!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 21, 2003, 18:11   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Sounds like a good idea. I have some html skills, and could donate some time if needed.
Old May 21, 2003, 18:31   #8
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have no skills, but I like the idea
Old May 21, 2003, 19:06   #9
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
I have no skills, but I like the idea
You can always participate, Comrade. We can always find something that you can do.
Old May 22, 2003, 04:42   #10
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Exxxcellent. Should we discuss how we want to layout the website before creating it?
I guess we'll go with a fairly standard front page, with appropriate logos, menus, etc. Then pages for propaganda, music, member bios, game history, that sort of stuff. Color scheme mostly blue/black I would guess, with some blood red thrown in.

It's been a few months since I checked on free webspace, so I'll see what's available with the most options and least popups or whatever. If anybody knows of any free hosts that are good, suggestions would be great.

Any suggestions on anything are welcome, of course.

Anyone keen on the bio idea may want to post a description of themselves now, either in character, out or both.
Old May 22, 2003, 05:38   #11
Frankychan
King

Sounds like a plan. I think Comrade Tassadar is working on a site for Hive news and information. I like it. My bio I'll have up soon.
Old May 22, 2003, 08:17   #12
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
My own free websites are on www.bravenet.com

PS: See my post to the turn update thread re: having a chat room on your website for Council Meetings

G.

Last edited by Googlie; May 22, 2003 at 16:39.