Old May 22, 2003, 20:15   #31
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Local Time: 21:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I recently moved to a big city from the suburbs, was quite a nice transition i thought...

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old May 22, 2003, 20:22   #32
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 22:04
Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
You can see devilmuchkin.
...Or you could go by "Al-Qaeda Corner" right outside of Naval Station 32nd St and join me in mocking the guy who named his cab "Kurd Cab."

Old May 22, 2003, 20:38   #33
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar

...Or you could go by "Al-Qaeda Corner" right outside of Naval Station 32nd St and join me in mocking the guy who named his cab "Kurd Cab."

Is that right outside the 32nd Street entrance, by where you get passes?

Or accross the street by the trolley station?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 22, 2003, 20:39   #34
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 19:04
I used to go to the public boat launch down by 32nd street but other then that I avoided that part of town because the area had shall we say an "undesirable element".
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 22, 2003, 20:41   #35
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
I used to go to the public boat launch down by 32nd street but other then that I avoided that part of town because the area had shall we say an "undesirable element".
Funny thing is, when I was stationed there, most of the business around there were off limits, because of the "undesireable elements."

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old May 22, 2003, 21:06   #36
Oerdin
Deity

Do they still have a big problem with working girls propositioning the sailors on payday? As I recall about five years ago the vice squad psuhed most of that sort of stuff down into Mexico.

Still, military bases seem to all attract that sort of stuff.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 22, 2003, 21:18   #37
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Tuberski

Is that right outside the 32nd Street entrance, by where you get passes?

Or accross the street by the trolley station?

ACK!
By the main entrance of "Dry side" on 32nd.

Quote:
Do they still have a big problem with working girls propositioning the sailors on payday? As I recall about five years ago the vice squad psuhed most of that sort of stuff down into Mexico.
Nope.
Old May 22, 2003, 22:17   #38
Tuberski

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Still, military bases seem to all attract that sort of stuff.
wHICH IS EXACTLY THE REASON THAT THEY ARE OFF LIMITS.

ACK!
Old May 22, 2003, 22:20   #39
Tuberski

Damn CAPS LOCK!

Quote:
By the main entrance of "Dry side" on 32nd.
I, luckily never had to go over there very often. Except for the PT and my TAP(Transitition Assistance Program) class when I got out.

But I know exactly where you mean.

ACK!
Old May 22, 2003, 22:23   #40
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

It'll be just like crocodile dundee!
Albert Speer
Old May 22, 2003, 22:26   #41
devilmunchkin
Warlord

Local Time: 02:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm here already! they weather and everything are so beautiful! i love it here...and most likely, you will too...
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old May 22, 2003, 22:36   #42
Cruddy
Warlord

Local Time: 03:04
Have a great time Ixnay. When I moved to a big city my first task was navigation. Approach this how you will but it's way too easy to get lost.

The point here is, only hicks and tourists don't know the places to avoid. So get out the map and start planning your campaign.

Good luck with the job hunting - it doesn't sound like your fazed by not having a job, which is a poor attitude. Keep on asking till you get one - and your gf will love you all the more.

That's enough of my diddly squat, have a great time.
"The CIA does nothing, says nothing, allows nothing, unless its own interests are served. They are the biggest assembly of liars and theives this country ever put under one roof and they are an abomination" Deputy COS (Intel) US Army 1981-84
Old May 23, 2003, 22:36   #43
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by devilmunchkin
I'm here already! they weather and everything are so beautiful! i love it here...and most likely, you will too...
Watch out for escaped ZooApes.
Old May 24, 2003, 02:31   #44
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

so when does your girlfriend register here?
Old May 24, 2003, 02:51   #45
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

Watch out for escaped ZooApes.
And tanks!
Old May 24, 2003, 09:28   #46
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Are escaped tanks that much of a problem?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old May 24, 2003, 11:41   #47
Zkribbler
Deity

Quote:
Wasn't it in SD a few years back where that one wacko stole a tank and was drove down the street, over parked cars, etc.? The cops finally managed to get the hatch open and shoot the guy because apparently the tank's cannon was loaded and ready to fire.
Old May 24, 2003, 15:05   #48
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:

Only of the M-60 variety.
Old May 24, 2003, 15:29   #49
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 05:04
I remember that.
Old May 24, 2003, 15:31   #50
Lonestar
inmate
King

If it was a M1A2, then the Police might have had more difficulty.
Old May 27, 2003, 01:31   #51
Oerdin
Deity

I totally remember that incident. Some wacko got booted out of his national guard unit for not showing up and then after his wife left his he stole a tank and went on a rampage.

I don't believe he had any ammo he just had a gased up tank which he started to drive over parked cars with.
Old May 27, 2003, 01:39   #52
VJ
King

Local Time: 02:04
Maybe he was 'inspired' by GTA2?
Old May 27, 2003, 02:28   #53
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 05:04
LoneStar: No, I don't think so. It's not that they disabled that tank with AT fire, you know. They just waited until it got stuck. and it did.