Old May 21, 2003, 06:34   #1
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 02:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
New Turn
This is what I am thinking of doing for the new turn, according to what's been posted in the ideas and polls:

AP build changed to CP.
SE sliders changed to 30:10:60.
AP Worker changed to monolith.
CPs to head to Dark Green on TKGs poll (southern) and how about a compromise of Yellow (northern) since both Green and Pink got 2 votes, and Yellow is in between with 1. Although I will move it forward to Yellow so we don't have to decide this turn.
New names will be decided when someone else has voted int he poll.

Anything I've forgotten?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; May 21, 2003 at 06:51.
Old May 21, 2003, 07:53   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:04
I'll open the turn in five minutes. When do you intend to play or have you made some moves already?
Old May 21, 2003, 08:10   #3
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Intend to play about 5pm GMT, so about 4 hours time. I can't play it at school.

Old May 21, 2003, 08:27   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

I've scouted towards the locations TKG's poll says to build our next bases, and I have to say that pink and dark green are not so good base locations, as they aren't port cities, but they will have lots of sea squares in their base radii.

Quote:
how about a compromise of Yellow (northern) since both Green and Pink got 2 votes, and Yellow is in between with 1
Well, we would still be wasting the extra min and energy of the monolith that way, and wasting a rainy square, but at least that base would border the sea, and we would recuperate an energy because the base would be founded on the river. In other words, yellow is worse than green, but definitely better than purple.

Quote:
Anything I've forgotten?
How will you scout? Just follow the CPs, or explore some extra terrain?

Oh yes, if you plan to pop any unity pods, perhaps you could temporarily switch to building a network node in Poly Prime. That way, if we would be so extremely lucky to pop a materials pod, it won't be wasted on rushing a CP.
Old May 21, 2003, 11:48   #5
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I've scouted towards the locations TKG's poll says to build our next bases
Isn't that playing ahead and cheating? If you feel the need to do that, please do not inform me. I will move the northern CP north one square, and then we can continue the discussion about locations.

Quote:
I have to say that pink and dark green are not so good base locations, as they aren't port cities, but they will have lots of sea squares in their base radii.
IIRC Dark Green is a sea base. I think maybe we should take Yellow, as a compromise between the two with 2 votes, and thus we get a coastal base there too. Bases will NOT be founded this turn, as they cannot reach the points.

Quote:
How will you scout? Just follow the CPs, or explore some extra terrain?
I intend to pop the pod with the northern scout (may affect base choice) but I will explore the area around wherever we found it. Then poll whether to home it or keep exploring.

Quote:
Oh yes, if you plan to pop any unity pods, perhaps you could temporarily switch to building a network node in Poly Prime. That way, if we would be so extremely lucky to pop a materials pod, it won't be wasted on rushing a CP.
Great idea That would be very nice

Am going to play now. Will report inthe turn report thread when finished. Thanks for the help

Old May 21, 2003, 12:05   #6
Maniac

Quote:
Isn't that playing ahead and cheating?
Well, since the poll told us these base locations, I supposed you would play those same moves. Sorry.
Old May 21, 2003, 12:07   #7
Drogue
staff

Have played and written turn report. Screenshots and save will be posted shortly.

Old May 21, 2003, 12:10   #8
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Well, since the poll told us these base locations, I supposed you would play those same moves. Sorry.
Yes, but then we cannot act differently on them. Or at least shouldn't. Although I have to say I'm not that bothered, it's nothing major if it is at all wrong.

Last edited by Drogue; May 21, 2003 at 12:20.
Old May 22, 2003, 04:58   #9
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i say build one on the river S of prime so that we get the nutrients and the enegry
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old May 22, 2003, 07:39   #10
Drogue
staff

I will do another poll with the new map, since we have learned much in the last turn about terrain.