Old May 21, 2003, 09:07   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 20:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The wonders of dial up
I have lost nearly all conectivity. Some construction in my neighborhood has rendered my phone line incapable of internet activity. There is a ton of static, almost too much for talking, let alone internet access. The Phone Companies official stance right now is that as long as I can still talk on the phone, it is not their responsibility to provide a clear enough line to allow internet access. A stance that has me seeking other companies right now. And, no, high speed access is not an option, really, for my budget.

I am also moving my warehouse at work, so am far too busy to get online much there.

Hence, you have not seen me for a few days, and will I will continue to remain mostly absent till this can be corrected.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 21, 2003, 13:00   #2
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 22:04
Gotta love it. Good luck and hope to see you soon.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 21, 2003, 14:15   #3
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:04
Come back soon, UnOrthO!
Old May 28, 2003, 08:58   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I currently have NO phone, no dial tone, no incomming, nothing. With the holiday weekend here in the US and myself ending up in a hospital, I have been unable to press the phone company to fix this. That changes today, so I should be back soon.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 28, 2003, 09:01   #5
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Hospitol... hope all is well.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 28, 2003, 09:48   #6
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Just a precautionary thing.

I got rheumatic(sp) fever as a child, now I go under observation every time I get a strep throat, it tends to go straight for my heart...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 28, 2003, 16:41   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Good news, I have my phone and connection back. Let me catch up a few things (ok, allot of things) tonight, then Ill get started on the next Herald and see what I can do to help jump start things here.

Funny how fast you get service when you present a company with over 100 dissatisfied customers in the same neighborhood willing to leave them, and with hard facts, in writting from competitors... All phones are fixed in the neighborhood, we get credit for last months charges, and we now pay less/month. Plus it never had any connection to the construction to begin with...

You all know how much I like to organize, I just had to organize my neighborhood which consists mostly of retired people, which is the largest reason I have been pretty absent over the last week or so, since I ended up helping with plenty an odd job as well during all this (getting air conditioners running for widows).

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 28, 2003, 18:50   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010

Fantastic UnOrthO! Stick it to them!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 28, 2003, 21:24   #9
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Don't you live in Virginia or somewhere round there? Wow, I'd never think Verizon would give a **** about their customers...

Hope your hospital stay is okay, even if it is just precautionary
Old May 28, 2003, 21:59   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 23:04
Great UnOrthO!
Old May 28, 2003, 23:02   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Live in Utah, it's AT&T (called Comcast now), they started offering local phone service here last year.

A year ago, I would have simply changed companies. I once picketted a local burger stand for a solid week, putting it out of business simply because the owner was rude to me at the drive up. I have since learned to hold my temper a bit.

Growing up on a farm taught me to work the land.
Working on a Reservation taught me to work WITH the land.
Working at Burger King taught me to work with the public.
Working at Honeywell taught me to work with businesses.
Working at Boeing has taught me how to do it all tactfully and not to judge anyone or any business without offering them a chance to make reparations.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old May 28, 2003, 23:29   #12
Hot Mustard
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty Python
King

What did posting at 'Poly teach you?
Old May 29, 2003, 13:49   #13
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Ahh, Utah. Okay

Quote:
I once picketted a local burger stand for a solid week, putting it out of business simply because the owner was rude to me at the drive up.
You know, there's probably another burger stand than that one that you can go to...