Old May 23, 2003, 16:47   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 20:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Other codes in the team forum thread

Maniac:Resistance Is Futile! You Will Be Assimilated! Join the Consciousness or die

Drogue: I like it. Keep up the good work, Second Function Mani Alpha-3

Maniac:I`ll do my best. I just hope Ming won`t think we`re spamming nonsense here, and bans us.

Drogue:I doubt he will, but to be safe, let`s stop it now. I think we`ve created enough intregue. Let them think about it for a while

TKG:Yes, that would be quite tragic indeed. perhaps a disclaimer.heh. we`re so evil

Drogue:Indeed TKG, however, that was out of code. Remember, if the 3rd character is an 0, it`s 4 to delete, if it`s a 1, it`s 5. That was 5 with an 0

Miniac: For the interested listeners, who can decipher Drogue's last message, can crack our code.
Psst Drogue, perhaps you should change your message to Fooled ya!, without the extra encryption then. :co

TKG: ok, ok. i understand now. please don`t hurt me, oh glorious Prime Function

Drogue: That`s much better While I don`t wish to stop your praise, I think we should call that a day for now. Let`s leave the others to think about it for a bit

Drogue:That is what we wanted you to think ;-

Googlie:
I can attest that the messages are not gibberish - peurile at times, maybe, but profound at others.

As to my being 'forbidden' to do anything, all I can say is:

(I can't decode this maybe he really didn't know how to write it)

GG

Miniac: Thoughts still need a language. Ours is ones and zeroes.
Anyway, this thread is hilarious.
What does `peurile` mean?

Googlie: (Still don't know what he was saying)

Corellion: Geeze, we really have got them stumped! But with this much attention, it`s only a matter of time before they guess to delete the first 4 or 5 digits of every post. We need a better system

TKG: bah. no we don`t. do they even know the site we`re using for this

Corellion: They don`t need to find the site... the info is everywhere. Before I found the site, I developed a programme that could to this, albeit much more slowly, using commonly-available info! Besides, the new method could even be simpler than the one we currently use.

TKG:meh, whatever. *points to flameflash* it seems to be having the desired effect :

Wooh that's a lot of work! Look at the time! I really have to go. Will see if I have time tonight then I can decode the rest. But this really seem to be some intereting stuff.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 23, 2003, 18:09   #32
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
GO COMRADE HONGHU !!!!!!!!! The Party salutes you !!!!!!!!!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 23, 2003, 18:53   #33
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:10
Quote:
(I can't decode this maybe he really didn't know how to write it)
I was using a different english>>binary translator than the one the others were using - and no-one could read it, (not even me when I turned it back from binary to english using the "approved" translator)

Hence my "Gods speak in mysterious ways" post

But full marks for the code crack (which, as you say, the CC now know you have done).

(Who'd a thought a smax game could be this much fun, eh?)

G.
Old May 23, 2003, 22:58   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

Hence my "Gods speak in mysterious ways" post
That feels so right! How could we human understand what god is talking about? (Maybe after researching the Transcendence thought ... )

Quote:
(Who'd a thought a smax game could be this much fun, eh?)

G.
Now we can only hope that the Cycons is not going to add to the fun by inventing another code system! Let's get our own code out! This is urgent now.

Suggestion, using a paragraph (for example the nation's anthem) use a different start code everyday and then count the place of a letter using that number in place of the letter.

eg. (code book)
Votaire! Our Father for us and the land
Truth Built by his mighty hand
Long shall the Hive endure for all to see!
True, to our forces and Leader.
The true Blue-Black banner shall fly higher.
Rising forever, as History unfolds.

Starting code 3

Sentence:
Test
Code:
13 4 27 13

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 00:17   #35
Snowflake
Princess

More decodes Pravda #4

Miniac: How does Jamski know about date codes? A wild guess

Corellion:read Googlie's message. However, let's see them try to crack our new code. Now we are (almost) uncrackable!!! Bwahahahah

Googlie God!? What did you reveal to those mortals my AlMighty? I know that god will decide himself if and when he will reveal and what and how much he will reveal to whom he wants to, I only pray that you don't shine too much light into their confused head. (Let them believe their new code is uncrackable! ) Or, maybe, just maybe, you could enpower us with your AllKnowing so that WE know a little about THEM also, say, the state of their mind?

Plexus: Apolyton is not as good as CFC
Seriously though, Pravda is Truth

Is this one of our lost Comrades? He is not using the "new code" ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 00:45   #36
Snowflake
Princess

Continuing decoding of the rest in the team forums thread.

Corellion: Maybe if we do this enough we can force them to run into the fusion plant! No rioting prisoners this way.

Maniac: I suggest we keep using the current code until they crack it. Then we can switch over to Corellion`s.
Googlie: I can`t read that. Have you used plinko.net/binary/tobinary.asp for that?

Hahh the link to the code machine! This is not to say we really need that. We, the creative Hivians do not need any dumb machines!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 00:46   #37
Snowflake
Princess

Continuing team forums thread:

Drogue: Maniac: it means a childish, immature sorta thing.
Corellion: I agree. I`ll create a thread at CyCon for it`s discussion. We could even have a different one for each day of the week However your code was incorrect, with a 0 as the third character you only delete 4
(Seperare message, still to Corellion) First message BTW (23-05-2003 00:23)
TKG: That`s FlameFlash. Some may be close to finding it already. I think Corelli Omega-9 has some good ideas. Will start a thread on CyCon forum.
To all: We need to make sure our posts start with an 0, since all Binary (IIRC) does, and otherwise people will guess it`s a code on the front.
Edit: Maniac again: He hasn`t, he use the one he posted in CyCon, which isn`t right (wrong number of digits IIRC).

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 00:50   #38
Snowflake
Princess

That seems to be the last in the team forum thread. Anybody find any other posts in other thread, please let me know. We'll crack them as cracking a little bug ...

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; May 24, 2003 at 02:17.
Old May 24, 2003, 01:44   #39
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Good job, HongHu - didn't take you long to crack it.

Version II might be more difficult (but it's the challenge that's the fun, isn't it?

G.
Old May 24, 2003, 01:59   #40
Snowflake
Princess

Ok, just couldn't resist the fun.

More decoding for the Cyber News thread.

Quote:
by Corellion

Seeing as there is some misunderstanding here, the news service would not actually be in this form. This is merely a translation of terms for you without cybernetic implants. The actual news service would be a direct data download into each of our brains. Much like how our leader, Aki-Zeta Five talks when dealing with other factions... we do not actually use primitive verbal communication to converse amongst ourselves. Instead, we transmit our thoughts and ideas directly to one another.

And, in responce to your query as to whether those were banned words...
You are too simple for us to explain to.
Quote:
by Corellion

Cybernetic Consciousness shall purge Chiron of you organic scum.
Quote:
by Corellion
Greetings one and all. This is a test to see if you can read the binary code. Reply with "yes" in binary if you can read this.
Quote:
by Drogue
Yes. Also, we have the code, which is on our private forums
Quote:
by TKG
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
when we liberate the Hive
surely you mean the university though?
Quote:
by Corellion
Any of them work. We`re equal-opportunity energy producers. I don`t care if who you are, where you`re from, or what your background is... you`re still going into the furnace.
Quote:
by Drogue
Actually, we're talking to each other. Please don't interupt unless you have something to add
Don`t you just love the confusing code
Quote:
by Corellion
Indeed
Quote:
by TKG after GG's code
GooglieGod, i can`t decifer that
Quote:
by GG
I was using a different english to binary program - this one is now from the plinko translator
Quote:
by Drogue
ahh, now it all makes sense :enlightened:

These guys really love this! I'm overtired. I'm going to make myself some Wonton soup now.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; May 24, 2003 at 02:19.
Old May 24, 2003, 02:05   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Good job, HongHu - didn't take you long to crack it.

Version II might be more difficult (but it's the challenge that's the fun, isn't it?

G.
You know I think being a god is the most fun position. I could only imagine the big smile hanging on your face when you switch from one private forum to another especially at this time. ...
But I welcome any challenge.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 02:11   #42
Haon
ACDG The Human HiveMacAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

Hong Hu, your skills may very well be needed in the diplomatic department, intrested?
Old May 24, 2003, 02:21   #43
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Haon
Hong Hu, your skills may very well be needed in the diplomatic department, intrested?
Yes! I'm always available when the Party needs me!

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 18:43   #44
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
You know I think being a god is the most fun position. I could only imagine the big smile hanging on your face when you switch from one private forum to another especially at this time.
Absolutely right - and the hardest part is not being able to share it (except with my golfing buddies, who think I'm crazy)

e.g. every time I see the TEST thread I chuckle at that very first one:

THIS IS A TEST - ISN'T IT GLORIOUS

A couple of the teams are all business-like, serious, but you guys are so hilarious that I'm bummed when I log on and there's nothing new posted in the Hive

G.
Old May 24, 2003, 19:55   #45
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Quote:

A couple of the teams are all business-like, serious, but you guys are so hilarious that I'm bummed when I log on and there's nothing new posted in the Hive
It helps to have a sense of humor after a hard day of nerve stapling.
Old May 24, 2003, 19:58   #46
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I don't find anything humourous about nerve stapling lied Jamski through his teeth tying his dammdest not to giggle Just YOU try raising a nerve stapled child.

-Jam
Old May 24, 2003, 23:12   #47
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:10
What platform does people use? Because if I am really bothered, I could write a program to do code and decoding. The problem is which language to write it in. Most likely be either C or Java.

The current code I was thinking was using a simple network encoding, no encryption, using padded header, start bit, parity check, interleaved blocks, stop bits and padded trailer.

I seem to have missed some of the excitement, can someone tell me the status of the CyCon's code and whether it is crackable?
Old May 24, 2003, 23:47   #48
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
What platform does people use? Because if I am really bothered, I could write a program to do code and decoding. The problem is which language to write it in. Most likely be either C or Java.

The current code I was thinking was using a simple network encoding, no encryption, using padded header, start bit, parity check, interleaved blocks, stop bits and padded trailer.

I seem to have missed some of the excitement, can someone tell me the status of the CyCon's code and whether it is crackable?
Vev, the excel file I wrote the other day is really rough and could use a lot of work but if you could write a program in C or java that may be even better.

The CC has "invented" a new code system but it has not surpassed the area of "simple network encoding, no encryption, using padded header, start bit, parity check, interleaved blocks, stop bits and padded trailer". In fact it is far from there. In other words, it IS crackable. However I only worked on it for a few minutes so right now I was only able to decode one message and I still don't know what exact rule they are using.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 23:51   #49
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
DBTS: 00101010011000110010101100001011100100110111000100 00001110100011010000110010100100000011001000110000 10110110101101110001000000110001101101111011001000 11001010010000000111010011011010110000101100100011 00010011000010110111000111010001000000011101001110 00000100000001000000101011101101000011000010111010 00010000001100100011010010110010000100000011110010 11011110111010100100000011101110111001001101001011 101000110010100111111
Learn the damn code! What did you write?

Looks like they are having trouble to read each other's message.

GooglieGod, Please don't let them know that their precious new code system is still crackable ...
(pray ...)

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 23:57   #50
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
GooglieGod, Please don't let them know that their precious new code system is still crackable ... [/color] (pray ...)
He can't, because if he did....He'd lose all authority and neutrility.
Old May 25, 2003, 00:12   #51
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like the one I just decoded did not use any "new rules"

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 25, 2003, 00:35   #52
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
GooglieGod, Please don't let them know that their precious new code system is still crackable ...
'Course not. As Tass says, my neutrality would be jeapordized.

I can comment in a private forum on what is in the public domain, but even then, not if it divulges methods or infiltrations, etc

G.
Old May 25, 2003, 01:04   #53
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry to disappoint everybody but I just couldn't find their "new rule" at least for now. On a second thought, why did they use the earlier rule in the one that I decoded and say something like "learn the new code"? Do they want us to think that they really do have a new code and they really don't? Is it possible that they just write a bunch of garbage and wish we would be ferishly working to crash it? Hmmm...

Anyway I'm going to retire to my bed now. A wise man knows when to take a break. Let us watch the development and see if they do post a lot of these garbages "new codes". If it is that difficult to write that even their own people can't learn it, I doubt they'll be able to post a lot of such "codes".

GooglieGod, were you smiling? No I really want to know what you are doing right this moment, nodding? Shaking your head?

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 25, 2003, 04:18   #54
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:

Vev, the excel file I wrote the other day is really rough and could use a lot of work but if you could write a program in C or java that may be even better.
I've got the excel file but couldn't figure it out. Can you clarify?
Old May 25, 2003, 09:24   #55
Gnool
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
Warlord

Local Time: 12:10
ŽØÞäò@èÞ@èÐÊ@ÒìÊB

Download my neato encoder/decoder, source included (You will need VB6 runtime libraries for it to work)

http://inthehut.org/og/GloryEncoder.zip

It's pretty simple, it takes the ascii code for the character and doubles it to encode it, halves it to decode it.

Last edited by Gnool; May 25, 2003 at 09:51.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:27   #56
Jamski
Deity

NICE

They'll crack it eventually by working out the frequencys, so if we use this code, add lots of X's and Z's to bugger them up

-JAm
Old May 25, 2003, 15:56   #57
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 03:10
Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
What about the "Huffman" Code?
It has a simple principle of encoding and decoding, but if you are not involved in that stuff, it is very confusing (since the letters have different numbers of bits, e for example has 1bit while Z has 6 bits).
If you like, I could create a formula using this. Just tell me
Since everybody here ignores what I say, I didn´t wait for your approval and wasted my whole weekend to develope an encoding system that is not so easy to crack, but still quite simple. It saves lots of space an time because, unless ASCII, it only uses the number of bits it really needs.

I counted out all the letters in two of our forum thread to find out which letters we use the most often and which not. So I created a Huffman-code regarding the probability of each letter. "e"s and "t"s now use less space than "x" or ":" symbols.

Do you agree to use that for coding our messages to the outer world? If so, I´d start to write a windows executable file for en-/decoding, or better: someone really knowing that stuff could write the program... I´ll deliver the key per e-mail or pm.

PLEASE DON´T IGNORE THAT POST AGAIN
Old May 25, 2003, 17:05   #58
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha

Since everybody here ignores what I say, I didn´t wait for your approval and wasted my whole weekend to develope an encoding system that is not so easy to crack, but still quite simple. It saves lots of space an time because, unless ASCII, it only uses the number of bits it really needs.

I counted out all the letters in two of our forum thread to find out which letters we use the most often and which not. So I created a Huffman-code regarding the probability of each letter. "e"s and "t"s now use less space than "x" or ":" symbols.
Sounds good, can you give us a demonstration of how it will work?

Quote:
PLEASE DON´T IGNORE THAT POST AGAIN
What post?!?

Old May 25, 2003, 17:20   #59
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 03:10
ok, a special preview for you

"The Hive is glorious" will be:
11010100011101000100011101101101111110011110001101 01011011010100010111011
That makes
9 eight-bit-rows to encode 20 symbols. That means an efficiency increase (in this case) of 110% compared to ASCII.

the trick is:
000="e"
110001110010="q"

That means the more often a letter occures in our common forum language, the shorter it is substituted. Plus, I added often used words like "Hive" as only ONE symbol (010001000). Statistically that is only 2.25 bits per letter (for the word "HIVE").
Old May 25, 2003, 17:51   #60
Static Universe
Prince

Do you have a decoder as well?