Old May 22, 2003, 21:21   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 21:10
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Soviet Avatars Part II
We've had several new additions to the list of possible avatars to be had, so it's worth it to put them all in one post at the top of the page, sadly, FMK isn't here to do that so we need a new thread.

Anyways, the extended list of avatars:
  • Marshal
  • Propaganda Commisar
  • Armaments Commisar
  • Generals
  • Red Army 1
  • Red Army 2
  • Red Guard 1
  • Red Guard 2
  • Cavalry
  • Shock Trooper
  • Siberian Trooper
  • Siberian Guards
  • Naval Infantry
  • NKVD Trooper
  • Soviet Citizen
  • Laborers
  • Partisans

The zip file for all you poor IE users who can't save as a gif file
Soviet Avatar zip file

Avatars with Medals on them. Only for use if you have been awarded those medals!

Last edited by H Tower; June 17, 2003 at 08:14.
Old May 22, 2003, 21:35   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 22:10
Thanks H!
Old May 23, 2003, 01:28   #3
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 12:10
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The havern't
They still havern't given me a coat(custom avatar) that I can pin my medal on
Old May 23, 2003, 03:10   #4
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

That's gives me a great idea, Colwyn! Too bad you can't have a custom avatar yet

Check out my new avatar!
If anyone else has received a medal and want's it added to a current avatar, ask I'll try and oblige you
Old May 23, 2003, 04:02   #5
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 03:10
Nice idea, what happened to the hat and shoes of your marshal though?
Old May 23, 2003, 04:10   #6
H Tower

hmmm, I must have picked the same color as the shoes for the transparencies, I'll have to fix that

EDIT: Better now?

Last edited by H Tower; May 23, 2003 at 04:28.
Old May 23, 2003, 08:45   #7
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

the red army 1 and the NKVD are wrong
the winter units should be changed

anyways good work h tower
Old May 23, 2003, 17:49   #8
H Tower

In honor of comrade Knapovich's award...

Attached Files:
File Type: zip armimentscommisarwredstar.zip (1.5 KB, 3 views)
Old May 23, 2003, 23:28   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Thanks again H. Ill have to buy you a beer when I visit Chicago this summer.
Old May 24, 2003, 04:41   #10
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 04:10
I have 406 posts.. just 94 more and then can i put a custom avatar.. i think i'll be there in middle Summer!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal

Last edited by FiGu; May 24, 2003 at 04:49.
Old May 26, 2003, 07:13   #11
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

comrade marshall, could you make me a unit like comrade Knapovich??
the brown front comander unit and my medal, please
Old May 26, 2003, 07:24   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

H could you describe how you did the Medal for the Info age challenged folks in the audienece?
Old May 26, 2003, 15:45   #13
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by Shaka Naldur
comrade marshall, could you make me a unit like comrade Knapovich??
the brown front comander unit and my medal, please
Attached Files:
File Type: zip generalwredstar.zip (1.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by H Tower; June 17, 2003 at 07:59.
Old May 26, 2003, 16:01   #14
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
H could you describe how you did the Medal for the Info age challenged folks in the audienece?
I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, but the idea is similar for every other decent program, MS Paint doesn't count

1. Open both the Unit and medal files
2. Make a new file that's 80x80 (Maximum file size for an avatar at poly)
3. Copy the unit graphic into the upper left hand corner
4. Resize the medal to 70% of the orginal
5. Copy the reduced size medal into the new picture that is 80x80 right next to the unit.
6. You need a common background color, I use a color that will almost never show up in any picture I'm editing, a really bright pink. (Red:255 Green:0 Blue:255) This is the tedious part, going around the two pictures, (unit and medal) pixel by pixel.
7. Next set the transparency color equal to that ugly pink.
8. Select view transparency from the menu bar, just to make sure you did it right.
9. Save as x.gif
Old May 26, 2003, 16:44   #15
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Or if you have photoshop, just copy the avatars and place them in an empty picture (avatar sized) next to a shrunken down (and probably sharpened) medal.

Old May 31, 2003, 13:30   #16
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

460 posts now!!! just 40 more and then ill use a new avatar!

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Old June 1, 2003, 23:51   #17
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
460 posts now!!! just 40 more and then ill use a new avatar!
Do you have a custom one in mind for yourself so that I begin work on it?
Old June 2, 2003, 02:04   #18
FiGu
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower

Do you have a custom one in mind for yourself so that I begin work on it?
Hmm.. That General with Brown Uniform is fine.

Im planning to release a "collection" of generals soon. Generals with Winter Clothes, and other clothing.

so that our Front Commanders can change to winter clothes when the winter begin.

OOC: 471 Posts!!! just 29 remaining!

Old June 2, 2003, 16:55   #19
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Here's a general unit I took from Alex the Magnificent's Russian Civil War Scenario. Now we can have some variety
Attached Images:

Last edited by The ANZAC; June 2, 2003 at 17:08.
Old June 2, 2003, 17:25   #20
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

For our esteemed members of the politburo, a representative avatar
Attached Images:

Old June 2, 2003, 17:46   #21
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 20:10
Is he wearing a helmet?

Thanks for the avatar, ANZAC. Too bad I'm a ways off from using it...
Old June 2, 2003, 18:16   #22
The ANZAC
King

It's the Cossack-syle Russian hats, I don't know the exact name for them, but I think you'll get what I mean
Old June 2, 2003, 18:18   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
For our esteemed members of the politburo, a representative avatar
Cool Avatars!
Old June 2, 2003, 23:47   #24
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Cool Avatars!
what did you do to yours?
Old June 3, 2003, 07:27   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Added stars and made it too big. I tried adding the award last night but couldn't figure it out.

Its a work in progress.......
Old June 3, 2003, 13:42   #26
The ANZAC
King

Just a tad to big Hey, at least you got the transparency thing down now
Old June 3, 2003, 13:53   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Just a tad to big Hey, at least you got the transparency thing down now
Ha Ha yes I did Henrik's tip on Mozilla helped!

Im trying but us old guys are definately info age challenged

And I am about as artistic as a rock. My hats off to you guys who know how to do it though. Its definately a talent I dont have.

Keep up the good work!
Old June 3, 2003, 16:06   #28
H Tower

I'm not artistic in the least, all I do is make things transparent and paste them together
Old June 4, 2003, 07:55   #29
FiGu
Prince

10 posts remaining... the countdown begins..

it took just 11 days to post 84 posts!! That's a new record for me!

Last edited by FiGu; June 4, 2003 at 08:04.
Old June 4, 2003, 09:51   #30
FiGu
Prince

0 posts!! 500 posts here we are !!!!!!!!!!!!!