Old May 23, 2003, 10:34   #1
caliskier
Chieftain

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The 12 steps to getting your wife to play civ 3

Many of us want to play civ 3 with that special person in our lives. Sadly, these women have no desire to play, this is because they either hate video games or do not understand the fun that civ 3 can be. The following it a 12 step process that you can use to get your wife to PLAY civ 3 with you. It is about a 80% guarantee that she will play part of a game with you ONCE, it is up to you, and how you play with her, and how much she enjoys the actual game, that gets you another game. There really is no order to these steps, but you must do them over a weeks time, maybe 2 depending on how much she is willing to play. If your wife likes video games like mine it will not be as difficult to get her in the chair. Remember this only gets her in front of the computer in the chair, it doesn’t guarantee that she will play for ever and ever. (By the way I have 4 sisters and a wife, these things work for almost anything)

1. Paint her toenails
2. Make the bed 3 times
3. Make her dinner twice
4. Do all the dishes at least 4 times
5. Watch 2-3 chick flicks
6. Give her tons of verbal affirmation
7. Wash her car
8. Change her oil
9. Moe the lawn
10. Take out the trash before she asks
11. Pick up your underwear and do your own laundry
12. Give her money to go out with her friends

If you have done these things, your score with her will be very very high. People all over town will be hearing of anomaly of a husband that is you and you will be lifted high in eyes of many women, especially the most important one, your wife. Now she will tell you how sweet you are and she will ask you what you would like her to do for you (Do not mention her doing anything for you because of all you have done for her, ever! Let her bring it up first. If you bring it up, your points are gone, and in bed her back is turned) Now is your chance. At this point some men will abandon their quest to play civ 3 with their wife and pursue other conquests. These decisions can be difficult. If you choose to play civ 3, make sure you request, but with repressed excitement. Now that you have her in front of the computer it is up to you how to play. Here are some suggestions:

1. She wins period!
2. Create the world yourself, you get crappier land than she does
3. Put yourself close to her so you can protect her from the computer
4. Include some computer players to give somewhat of a challenge, select the easiest level
5. Consider turning accelerated production on, she may get board with the long wait.
6. Name some of your cities after the pet names you have for her
7. Watch another chick flick with her after you finish playing, even if it is for only 5 minutes

If she ends up liking the game great, you don’t have to wash as many dishes.

Good luck!
Old May 23, 2003, 12:20   #2
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 03:12
LOL

I will try as soon as I find a new girlfriend.
Old May 23, 2003, 12:51   #3
sabrewolf
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV CreatorsC3CDG Desolation RowCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 04:12
i only know 1 female interested in computer games... but she's the hard core type. counterstrike, half life, UT2k3, maybe even a RTS game... but i can't imagine any woman i know, dedicating days for a turn based game like civ3. (it's a waste of valuable days of their life for them... time they could spend in clothes shops trying on clothes they anyway won't but )

if women are from venus, video games are considered a deadly sin.

p.s. sorry to the few exceptions like moonsinger and chieftess. these girls must have done an exchange year on mars
Old May 23, 2003, 14:39   #4
Kaos XIII
Warlord

Local Time: 21:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Screw that, with 2 Civ fanatics who is supposed to take care of the kid???
Old May 23, 2003, 14:45   #5
Thirgaral
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG2 Sunshine
Warlord

Too bad I don't have a wife
Old May 23, 2003, 14:54   #6
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Heh, I tryed this before. It went sideways and now she's addicted to Nethack, and I have to go and beg her to get off the computer and cook me something to eat

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 23, 2003, 14:58   #7
Nym
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Thirgaral
Do not cry; I have a friend whose future wife do not want him to play with his computer.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:14   #8
caliskier
Chieftain

Quote:
Your profile says you were born in October 1986! That makes you 16 years old. Don't worry about it man you got plenty of time to find the right girl. Don't start worring about that until you are out of college. I got married when I was 28. There are plenty of single 20-something girls looking for a guy that has it together, has a career, not the beer drink'n jock they dated in high school.

Besides that statistics are in your favor the world is 51% women, last I heard...just don't move to China or Alaska.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:20   #9
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Won't work with my girl (not married, but we live together) I've done basically the above, and she still won't even try it. I'll give it another try at some point, but that's a lot of work for a partial game of civ.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:21   #10
Thirgaral
Warlord

Quote:
Your profile says you were born in October 1986! That makes you 16 years old. Don't worry about it man you got plenty of time to find the right girl. Don't start worring about that until you are out of college. I got married when I was 28. There are plenty of single 20-something girls looking for a guy that has it together, has a career, not the beer drink'n jock they dated in high school.
That's not what I meant, it's not very normal to be married at 16, I know that...

What I meant was, too bad I don't have a wife so I can try all those things mentioned in the first thread...
Old May 23, 2003, 15:23   #11
caliskier
Chieftain

Quote:
Do not cry; I have a friend whose future wife do not want him to play with his computer.
Is that a serious comment...My cousin-in-law had a controling wife like that. You know the georgous blond in-to-themselfs mature type. She was 19 year old...2 years later she divorced him because she was board.

Tell your friend that most guys have a hobby like playing video games, and she is lucky that he is not a hunter (maybe he is I don't know) where he is gone all weekend smelling like deer piss. I wouldn't marry a woman who dictated to me what I can and can't do for enjoyment, just like I don't tell my wife what she can do for enjoyment.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:24   #12
Thirgaral
Warlord

BTW, Is it worth all that?? I mean, is it reallly that fun to play civ with your wife??
Old May 23, 2003, 15:30   #13
caliskier
Chieftain

Quote:
That's not what I meant, it's not very normal to be married at 16, I know that...
LOL, sorry

Yeah, I took some time selecting my wife, but since I have been married it has been fun. It's give and take, I don't get to play video games all the time, I get to watch HGTV, Mad About You, and every chick flick that comes out
Old May 23, 2003, 15:31   #14
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Good call caliskier. She doesn't have to like it, but she can't just expect you to stop just because she would like you to. Next it will be you can't go out with your friends, then you loose all your furniture, your wardrobe gets replaced., you can only read appropriate literature...
There has to be compromise. Weakness and always giving in isn't what makes a relationship work.
Old May 23, 2003, 15:35   #15
caliskier
Chieftain

Yes, when they get good at it, we play empire earth and mario kart 64 more than anything. Excited about double dash coming out
Old May 23, 2003, 16:06   #16
bobbo008
Prince

Local Time: 20:12
i was trying to do all those steps just so the girl would go on a date with me for 5 minutes...
Old May 23, 2003, 16:13   #17
caliskier
Chieftain

Quote:
i was trying to do all those steps just so the girl would go on a date with me for 5 minutes...
Yeah, it’s funny, when you just start dating they want you to be confident and nonchalant, but once you get serious then it is ok to do those things, it’s almost expected
Old May 23, 2003, 17:22   #18
Chemical Ollie
King

She doesn't want me to play CIV3. Why would I want her to play it? Both can't play at the same time anyway.
Old May 24, 2003, 07:32   #19
Thirgaral
Warlord

Got your avatar at last Olaf?? Nice one!
Old May 24, 2003, 12:08   #20
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

, why would your wife be against it in the first place , ....

panag enjoys the fact that he can play mp games with his beloved

have a nice day