Old May 23, 2003, 11:44   #1
FRITZ
Settler

Local Time: 02:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Europe_1800
Dear fans of ctp2,

I had the idea to prepare a scenario about the French Revolution and the following military conflicts.
This is a very complicated task without great abilities in slic-programming. I have prepared a map and a lot of units for this time. You can find this (pre-) scenario on my homepage.

Please let me know if you have some good ideas in slic-programming or further things for this scenario.

Best wishes

Fritz
Old May 28, 2003, 19:26   #2
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Hi, Fritz

I downloaded your scenario a few days ago and just now had a go at playing it. I'd had a look at your tga's and, in particular, wanted to see the new sprites you've done.

However, you mentioned that it might take a long time to load but it just didn't work for me. I don't see any SLIC in there so I can't understand what the problem could be.

Peter
Old May 29, 2003, 11:45   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 04:12
Peter,

you are sure that you loaded CTP2 without any mods? (The only explanation I could think about as the scenario is for the out of the box game.)

-Martin
Old May 31, 2003, 10:20   #4
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:12
Yeah, I had this problem also. It didn't want to load.
Old May 31, 2003, 11:51   #5
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 04:12
It loaded just fine for me, although it's true that it takes a long time. Probably took 2-3 minutes on my AMD XP 2000+. An it'll probably take a lot longer than that if your processor is <1GHz. So loading could easily be mistaken for hanging...

Also, when I tried to open the build queue of a Prussian city, the game crashed (however, I only tried once, might just have been a glitch).

Is it by design that Prussia has such a weak military?

Other than that, nice scenario (Even though I only had a few minutes to play around with it). Nice sprites as well - and I love the unit sounds
Old May 31, 2003, 12:14   #6
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:12
wheee. That is slow. I'll give it another go though. I did load it fine without the map, and had a look at the new units. They are pretty good The battles were spectacular! Lines of muskets opening fire on the enemy.
Old June 4, 2003, 18:06   #7
FRITZ
Settler

Thanks all for your answers.
There were a lot of new ideas in the time of the French Revolution. This ideas were very important and influenced the history of Europe. The human rights, the question of minimal wages for workers, more possibilities for citizen to tell the real needs.
This history didn´t find a good end. But it´s important to understand the history . Some people do like also a military part in a game otherwise they won´t play it (like a chess-player). Perhaps a scenario can be built to inform about the historic background + attraction for many player to try it.

Fritz