Old May 23, 2003, 12:29   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 21:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
SMNES What has the world come to? Signup for Skilord and Metaliturtles NES
Ok, SKILORD and I decided the time had come for us to Co-MOD a NES.

In this thread we need you to give us some information for when we start.

Name of your Nation
Traits (give 2) (industrious, militaristic, commercial, religious, expansionist, pacifist etc.)
A Specialty (give 1) (example: My nation is known for excellent woodworking)

We will place all the nations on the map, along with NPC nations. I won't take a country, just run NPCs, so the Moderating is more fair-handed.

This will be run somewhat like absolution, so plan on some expansion early on.

If there is anything I'm forgetting, I'm sure SKILORD will inform me in an angry manner, and then I'll change it in a humorous manner.

Oh before I forget, Diplomacy may be either via PM or in game, but labels of "secret" "top-secret" etc. will be known to the NPCs, as each will act independently and only sign alliances with Player Countries. Once an NPC has an alliance, they no longer get to see the secret messages unless they pertain to a breakage of the alliance.

STUFF I FORGOT:

1. THIS IS A CUSTOM MAP, we could give 2 pieces of poo as far as your nation's location in the real world. Custom maps enhance the story because players have to name everything or I'll come up with creative penalties.

2. If you want to join later, you will most likely be taking an NPC.

Last edited by Metaliturtle; May 23, 2003 at 17:24.
Old May 23, 2003, 12:52   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:12
The Imperial Sultanate of Brunei
Expansionist and Commercial
Brunei is known for its vast spice production coming from the many islands it has colonized and eventually fully absorbed.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 23, 2003, 14:39   #3
emu
Never Ending Stories
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
the Empire of Saxony (location western germany)
industrious, militaristic
Saxony is known for its large forests which are an obstacle to invaders, and the timber can be sold for a profit.
Jamski
Old May 23, 2003, 15:01   #4
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

the Dukedom of Milan
commercial, religious
Milan is known for its great cathedrals & religous centers
Old May 23, 2003, 15:08   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:12
(Saxony is Eastern Germany BTW )

Will it be possible to join later? Once current NES's have finished? Or is it now or never?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 23, 2003, 16:30   #6
emu
Never Ending Stories
Chieftain

i was thinking of the saxons who invaded britain, they were on the west coast of germany
Jamski
Old May 23, 2003, 16:49   #7
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Something you forget Merti ( :doitnow: ) We aren't using an Earth Map.

We are using a custom map which isn't quite finished but which is very cool.
Old May 23, 2003, 16:56   #8
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 14:12
The Commonwealth of Karotea
Traits: Militaristic, Expansionist
Karotea is world-reknowned for arms production
Old May 23, 2003, 17:30   #9
emu
Never Ending Stories
Chieftain

what does the map look like
Jamski
Old May 24, 2003, 17:43   #10
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 19:12
What time period/historical tendency will this be set in?
Old May 24, 2003, 18:26   #11
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:12
Aruba
Commericial, Expansionist
Known for its shipwrighting abilities
Old May 24, 2003, 20:37   #12
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

somewhat medieval fantasy, don't plan on extreme tech advances
Old May 25, 2003, 00:32   #13
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 19:12
Caecinia

Hardy and Mobile (Socially and Physically)

A people most known for their annoying habit of surviving and usually prospering in adverse circumstances despite apparently lacking any exceptional abilities. The “nation” of Caecinia is actually an alliance of clans, city-states, and guilds, bound together by some common cultural elements, an intertwined economy, and historical precedent.
Old May 25, 2003, 13:04   #14
erz87
Never Ending StoriesDiplomacy
Warlord

Local Time: 04:12
I'll be the Emperium of Novelus and his son, Marvolos
Old May 25, 2003, 13:10   #15
erz87
Warlord

Oh traits
Miliateristic and expansionist.
Abilities:
Their empror is all mighty one.
They all know he his their father and god and king and know they are nothing but slaves. and are hononred from it.
Also new people under his rule know he his stronger that any human.
And Everyone in his country joins the army.
Kids Woman Man and olders.
The country does not need an economy until Novelus dream is ready, the conquer of the world.
Old May 25, 2003, 14:26   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

erz- pick ONE
Old May 25, 2003, 14:27   #17
erz87
Warlord

Ohe one, so hmmmmmmm
I don't know, expesionist
Old May 26, 2003, 01:16   #18
Prince Jason
Warlord

Craeli
Religous Traditional (cultural)

The abilities of the Craelians stretch long throughout history, though one thing does stick out. The Craelians are people of the forest and sea, of the sky and the mountains. They are people of animals. They know how to tame the animals, and live with them as well as fight with them.

Last edited by Prince Jason; May 26, 2003 at 01:36.
Old May 26, 2003, 01:33   #19
SKILORD
King

I'm thinking we close the signups on Wed (when I finish resource map) so I can do the Political Map.
Old May 26, 2003, 01:47   #20
SKILORD
King

SKILORD's Rule/Setting Clarifications:

The following rules and such have been agreed upon by Mark and I.

Signed

-SKILORD
- (Badly forged Mertaliturtle signature)

The Setting:

When he said Medeival fantasy world, he meant it. There will be Dragons, Sea serpants, Gnomes, Trolls (but there are always trolls in NESes), Unicorns, the works.

There will be a bit of room for expansion when you start.

This is a curiosity in that it is the first resource driven story NES. Yes, resources. On the Geographic map the assorted resources (Dragons, Gold, Magic Powder, etc.) are shown, it will be clear to whom they belong.

Trolls and such are not resources and are instead mercenaries in Civ2 Barbarian style. They are a sort of Pirate NPC.

And yet it is a story NES, we encourage you to write stories and such as you expand and grow. If Fantasy is not your cup of tea you may leave, but I encourage you to challenge yourselves, I'm not generally very big on Fantasy either, but I will be there.

-SKILORD
- (Badly forged Merti signature)
Old May 26, 2003, 04:15   #21
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Khosak tribes
Militaristic, Expansionistic
Also called "the Hords", they know how to use horses in war. Consider them the Mongols of this NES.

Quote:
originally posted by emu
the Empire of Saxony (location western germany)
As a native Saxon I have to protest that you spread the lie Saxons were located in Western Germany!
In 800 they lived in the Netherlands, Northern Germany, Western Germany, Central and parts of Eastern Germany as well as in the Southern parts of Denmark. Today we are a federal state in BRD, and we claim the most eastern city of today´s Germany as ours!!!
Old May 26, 2003, 21:10   #22
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 22:12
Three Kingdoms of Thuddoa:
Religious, Industrious
Speciality: Mounted Troops- Knights
Justly ruled by His Worshipfulness, King Thud I, and by his Council of Nine (three from each of the three Kingdoms). The nobility are fairly indendepdent, and each noble house may normally lead his own affairs, though each must swear fealty to the King, and the King may call the Kingdoms to arms in times of war.

Last edited by Thud; May 29, 2003 at 20:17.
Old May 27, 2003, 06:18   #23
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:12
The Kingdom of Crud

Idustrial Pacifists

They are expert miners, and live in thier mines. But be damned if you confuse them with dwarves, they'll kill you.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:18   #24
naervod
PtWDG RoleplayDiplomacyNever Ending StoriesSpanish Civers
Chieftain

Iroquois Confderation of 6 NAtions
Traits: Relgious, Expansionist
A Specialty : The Iroquois are fabled for their skill with ranged weapons
Old May 27, 2003, 17:23   #25
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Empire of Atlantis
Traits: Religious, Scientific
The Atlantean people are world-renouned for their abilities in seafaring; after all, they are an island civilization. They are also very religious, building huge temples to the sea god, Poseidon.
Old May 27, 2003, 19:04   #26
emu
Never Ending Stories
Chieftain

the kingdom of saxondy ( see what i did there, now its fantasy)
traits: industrious
the kingdom of saxondy is an anceint kingdom based high in the mountains, with only small farmland ( but fertile). it has many mines which go deep into the mountains, in the mines there are many precious metals.
Jamski
Old May 28, 2003, 14:21   #27
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I would like to join:
My nation would be the Kingdom of California
Industrious, and comerical
Specialities would be in making wine, and expert traders.
Old May 28, 2003, 19:17   #28
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 12:12
The Grand Duchy of Sylvania (Militraistic)

The Necromancers and Vampires are adept at the Dark Arts and can raise armies of undead warriors from the slain of the enemy.

The island Kingdom of Sylvania led by Vampiric Count Vlad von Carstein, and his wife Countess Isabella von Carstein, is a nightmarish realm where the living are outnumbered by the living dead. Dire wolves, great undead wolves roam the land, and undead carrion rule the skies. Where the aristocracy is Vampiric and their living minions quale in terror.

The Zombie and Skelleton legions of the realm outnumber those of any other nation, and the fear they cause in mortal man is enough to turn the sturdiest warrior back in horror. The great Black Cavlary, full of the undead aristocracy ravage the near by kingdoms and the Black Arcs of the Sylvanian navy are ghostly ships no mortal man can step upon.

Sylvannia is not your worst nightmare. It is your every nightmare.
Old May 28, 2003, 21:32   #29
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Knowing the new premise of this NES, I'd like to change my nation.

Draakrijk
Commercial, Sea Faring
Known for its shipwrighting abilities

The people of Draakrijk are known in the mannish tounges as lizardmen. Their ample forests and great engineers have allowed the Draakrijk to develop into a large seafaring culture.
Old May 28, 2003, 21:58   #30
SKILORD
King

I don't think I'll quite have the map done on time

I've got a bit of an English Exam tomorrow (It's crucial that I make a 100, so I'm studying and sleeping)

Tomorrow night I'll be out. Friday night I'll be out. Saturday I'll be back to update Absolution and work on the Mappy hera. If I get it off to Merti all will be well, but I have an excellent hangover scheduled for that morning, so count on nothing other than the fact that I can copy and paste the Absolution update to the Fora.

If Merti does the map this is, of course, dealt with, he has the geo map and the key and the blank (I think).

If you're looking for something to do, Read Political Freedom and feedback.

And so I go, my fleeting words an obstacle no longer on your quest for the bottom of the page....