Old May 28, 2003, 22:41   #31
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 12:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
to all nations:

Your leaders are invited to the secure island of Sylvannia to discuss the future of our world. We need plan now unless we fail in the test of time.

Join Count Vlad von Carstein and his wife Countess Isabella, in the holiday resort in the highlands of the Sylvannian mountains. We could always use fresh blood around here.

Manfred von Carstein
Foreign Affaris Minister of the Grand Duchy of Sylvannia.
Old May 28, 2003, 23:49   #32
DemonSlayer
Never Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 20:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Kingdom of Aksum:
Ruler King Eon I
Defensive, Expansionists
A people best known for the severe defenses of their lands. While the offensive power of the nation is poor, Any invading nation suffers extreme damage.
Old May 29, 2003, 03:00   #33
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:12
Quote:
Your leaders are invited to the secure island of Sylvannia to discuss the future of our world. We need plan now unless we fail in the test of time.
The kingdom of crud will dispatch an emmisary immeadietly. We are close here in Crud, so he will be able to speak for me personaly. He will go bearing gifts, as well as gaurds for the gifts. so please do not take the armed men as a hostile gesture.
Old May 29, 2003, 10:15   #34
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Further info on Brunei:
The Imperial Sultanate has declared itself the protector of all Muslim and other non-Pagan (I almost accidentally wrote panag!) peoples and the enemy of the pagans that summon evil beasts to do their bidding.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 29, 2003, 19:45   #35
Space05us
King

[ooc] Are we going to start off as if we are a brand spanking new kingdom and are made of one town at first? or are we going to pretend that we are large well established kingdoms?[/ooc]
Old May 29, 2003, 20:22   #36
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 22:12
Hi! Finally got my account going again, I had to get it activated again, for some reason. If the game isn't full yet, I would like to join.

The United Kindom Of Bachma.

The people of Bachma are Industrious and Militaristic.

The people of Bachma are prone to war, thus have become accustomed with Iron working, producing fine weapons (axes/swords/Maces).
Old May 29, 2003, 21:15   #37
Space05us
King

Letter sent via diplomatic messenger(who had to run for three days straight through some of the most hostile territory he has ever seen, and appearently on arrival, from what we've heard, collapsed from fear and exauhstion) :

Adressed; To the Grand Ruler of the Kingdom of Bachma
(royal seal of the crossed pick and shovel stamped in gold)

The people of Crud would like to extend thier hands in friendship to the Kingdom of Bachma, we believe our elaborate defenses and your warlike nature could benifit from each other. As such we invite you to share our living space! We can garuantee food and shelter for all of your people, and as much iron, copper, and Dirtrium* as you need to craft your weapons and armour!

Signed; Your Brothers, The Crud'ites

*Dirtrium is a lightweight metal that is slightly weaker than Iron, and stronger than bronze or copper, yet more flexible(than iron), making it ideal for certain tpes of armour.

[ooc] is making up my own metal a tad bit too much? [/ooc]
Old May 30, 2003, 02:02   #38
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Local Time: 18:12
I think so, Space, I'd wait until we have the ability to do that via alchemy.
Old May 30, 2003, 06:52   #39
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Letter Sent to the Great Ruler of the Crud'ites:

We welcome the hand of the Crud'ites in friendship. Please, accept my gift of fifty of our finest Swords (who have been carried to your land by 5 horses, and should be arriving soon), arm your best with them.

I have dispatched five scouts to your land, following the Directions your messanger gave us. They will scout your metal-rich land for spots were we could set up a type of production centre. With your metal and knowladge of defensive warfare, combined with our skilled iron workers, I believe we could equip both of our armies to defend any attack. Please consider my proposition.

Your Friends, The Bachaians.

ooc: Bachaians is pronounced Bak-A-Ans.
Old May 30, 2003, 08:14   #40
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

To all nations: We would like to know your religious beliefs.

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old May 30, 2003, 10:01   #41
erz87
Never Ending StoriesDiplomacy
Warlord

Local Time: 04:12
Already diplomacy?!
The game havn't even started!

wierd...
Old May 30, 2003, 11:44   #42
Space05us
King

[ooc]Nothing dealing with the shifting of boarders, exploration, scientific advances, etc. merely setting the stage for what is to come. Think of it as the political history of the game we're about to play
Also there is a small circle of old NES players here at apolyton with absolutely no patience whatsoever [/ooc]

Letter adressed to the Imperial Sultanate of Brunei:

The Crud'ites worship one god, The Ming. However they also believe that he has an evil twin brother, The Ming, who is the cause of all evil in the world. We have many religious customs and rituals that would take too many sheep to write about. However, we can assure you that we do not raise the dead, sacrafice cute puppies or kittens, nor do we hang goats from thier hind legs before letting them plunge thousands of feet the thier inevitable deaths.

We hope this answers your question.
Old May 30, 2003, 16:19   #43
trickey
Prince

Letter Adressed to the Brunei:

The people of Bachma worship Metali, the god of Metal. He provides us with food, water, and other basic survival nessecities. Yearly scacrfices of 3 goats take place at the summit of mount Skile, the highest point in all our fair land.

Last edited by trickey; May 30, 2003 at 19:22.
Old May 30, 2003, 18:47   #44
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 21:12
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
woah woah woah!!

lol you guys don't automatically get contact with each other... Trickey, regardless of how many goats you sacrifice, you cannot claim that your god provides you all the resources you need. (although the name was alright :-) )
Old May 30, 2003, 19:20   #45
trickey
Prince

ooc: Yeah, that is a pretty spiffy name, isnt it

By "all the reasources we need", I only meant the bascis such as food/water/shelter and stuff. Ill go change it now though, it does sound a bit unfair
Old May 30, 2003, 21:29   #46
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

now you must ask yourself, "if the god is providing me with all this stuff, then why must I burn some of it in sacrifice? Seems to me that 3 goat-sized thank you notes would be more appropriate
Old May 30, 2003, 22:39   #47
Space05us
King

ooc:"We're at war? Go raise the price on all of the soon to expire meat and lable it 'Grade U S A, Liberty Cut, tastymeat.' and tell the liberals it is to protest the war in Iraq." -My Boss

your boss really told you that?

and

Wheres the bloody map!!!

Old May 31, 2003, 00:47   #48
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:12
Closing Signups.

Politcal Map on the way.

Merti: You want a new thread?
Old May 31, 2003, 06:38   #49
trickey
Prince

ooc: If we don't sacrafice 3 goats exactly, he will take everything away, this keeps us from being greedy Maybe I should just drop the whole god giving food thing, Metaliturtle doesn't seem to like it
Old May 31, 2003, 14:42   #50
Space05us
King

ooc: When you said he provided everything for your people I thought you were being all religious-like. A lot of real religious groups say that thier god/gods provide everything they need, its just that they have to do work to get it. but if Meti doesnt like it perhaps you should sacriface vigrins instead of goats
Old May 31, 2003, 15:05   #51
trickey
Prince

[OOC]: nevermind my earier post about religion, too controversial Here is a new one [/ooc]

The Bachaian people worship one god, Metali. He is a cool dude, and tells some funny stories some times. We sacrafice 5 virgins every year for him, to avoid his wrath.
Old May 31, 2003, 15:11   #52
Space05us
King

ooc:
Old May 31, 2003, 18:04   #53
Metaliturtle
staff
King

LOL trickey

and space, my boss really did say that, and he made a sh*tload of $$ enough to give me a 75 cent raise. It wasn't illegal, just almost...

and you can send those virgins to: Mark Andersen c/o SPHS, Sun Prairie, WI, 53590
Old May 31, 2003, 22:03   #54
SKILORD
King

Ahem!

A certain moderator would feel left out, this is SMNES.

Nick Wilczynski

Oh, wait, I don't wanna give you guys my adress.....

maybe i'll get a P.O. Box in Pennsylvania for you to send em to...... yeah.
Old May 31, 2003, 22:34   #55
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 19:12
The tribute of fair maidens will begin as soon as you at least get the map up
Old May 31, 2003, 23:36   #56
Space05us
King

Quote:
The tribute of fair maidens will begin as soon as you at least get the map up
youre beginning to get too close to the sun again

if youre impatient do as we have been doing, deal with diplomacy then worry about the map.
Old June 1, 2003, 00:03   #57
SKILORD
King

Map is on the way, will be up tonight.
Old June 1, 2003, 01:01   #58
SKILORD
King

Tan: California
Dark Blue: Karotea
Red: Craeli
Burgundy: Caecilina
Grayish Blue: Khosak Tribes
Yellow: Bachma
Light-Neon Green: Drakrijik
Neon Green: Emperium of Novelus
Purple: Iriquois
Brown: Aksum
Pink: Brunei
Light-Blue: Saxondy
Really-Really-Light Blue (Island): Atlantis
Forest Green: Thuddoa
Gray: Sylvania

Geographic Map:

Key:

Dark Green: Farmland
Tan: Desert
Blue (On land): Tundra
Pink: Forest
Light Green: Rainforest

Rock looking deal: Gold
Civ3 insence (Not the Infrogrames incsence): Magic Powder
Trogdor: Dragons (He can be a bit hard to spot)
Unicorns: Duh
Colorful Sea serpant: Sea Serpants
'M's: Mountains

Not having Unicorns does not mean that you do not have Horses.

None of the Graphics are Civ3 Graphics, they belong to a guy named Harlan who made them himself, I edited them to some degree myself.

We will be making a new Thread for the game, I'm leaving that up to Merty though.
Old June 1, 2003, 01:50   #59
Space05us
King

Skilord...nice map...it would be better if I were on it somewhere...
Old June 1, 2003, 04:12   #60
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 03:12
hm, it would have been better to number the starting spots...

Where is "greyish blue"???