Old June 1, 2003, 04:22   #61
Space05us
King

Local Time: 14:12
Local Date: November 2, 2010
bottom left hand island, the big one. its the colour thats not quite grey yet not quite blue.
Old June 1, 2003, 04:35   #62
Prince Jason
Warlord

Local Time: 18:12
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The island of Neminor was vast and perfect for the civilization of the Craelis. The pale skinned people were a brotherhood of people, of animal trainers, of fighters.

King Lucis walked through his small palace. His kingdom was spreading, and his scouts report the prosperity the island will give to the nation. The King ordered for the increase of territory, and to try and capture some dragons.

The King had already drawn up the map of the island, and what area was called upon the map.

ORDERS
Expand using miliaty strength.
Old June 1, 2003, 04:39   #63
Space05us
King

Stop insolent fool! I demand this be put on pause until The Kingdom of Crud (listed on the first page) is put on the map!!!

Old June 1, 2003, 17:01   #64
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
Skilord...nice map...it would be better if I were on it somewhere...
Actually you're the dark tan nation on the SouthWesternmost Continent (Bottom Left) if you look at the Geo mappy you're in the mountains.

You're just not in the key :sorry:

Nimtz isn't in it though, but I'll add him with the NPC's, when Meryti opens the thread. (THE GAME WILL USE ANOTHER THREAD)
Old June 1, 2003, 17:32   #65
Space05us
King

okay, cool. you even put me in the mountains. youre cool!

goal today overuse the word cool. cool?
Old June 1, 2003, 17:37   #66
emu
Never Ending Stories
Chieftain

Local Time: 03:12
am i on the island?
Jamski
Old June 1, 2003, 18:04   #67
Space05us
King

nope, youre on the right hand continent.
Old June 1, 2003, 21:43   #68
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 21:12
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Thread later, need food/sleep/sex/drugs first
Old June 1, 2003, 22:13   #69
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:12
If you don't mind, I replaced the edge of Brunei's continent (hereby called Oriei) where Brunei is with an archipelago (my description says they have colonized islands!) Below is a map of Brunei with its islands and the regions of the mainland labeled (it should look somewhat familiar if you've played EU2 in East Asia).

Key:
Brown and white dot=Capital city of Brunei
Island "1"=Surabaya
Island "2"=Bali
Pink area=Brunei's land
Green=forest (also includes Brunei's Malacca region)
Yellow=Magic powder
Brown=mountains
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	bru.gif
Views:	113
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	46713  

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old June 1, 2003, 22:56   #70
Space05us
King

Because you are all so eager to grab for land before the new thread opens up Ive decided to piss on my leg of the couch before someone else gets around to it.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	largeislandiplo.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	46714  
Old June 1, 2003, 23:18   #71
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 12:12
Sylvannia needs a smallish island where the entire island is already in the nation. Perhaps the central archipeglo. This is to fit in the story I wrote.
Old June 2, 2003, 00:21   #72
SKILORD
King

:sigh:

Yeah, sure Sheep, I'll work on it.
Old June 2, 2003, 01:48   #73
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Thanks the story is four foolscaps lenghts long. I might actually make a story based on Sylvannia too.

Come on to AIM i need to speak to you about something.
Old June 2, 2003, 10:43   #74
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 21:12
As the sun rose in the east, it illuminated the eastern sides of the 2 buildings on Center Hill - the King's palace, and the Temple to Poseidon. These 2 buildings were the heart of the Atlantean civilization. The rest of the city was laid out on circles around Center Hill, and the city went all the way to the ocean.

As the sun rose in the east, the King begun a meeting with his royal advisors. He told them about his plan - a plan to spread Atlantean civilization out and take control of the entire Island; and then other islands.

As the sun rose in the east, a new chapter in Atlantean history was beginning.

ORDERS:Start expanding southeast, over the rest of the island.

Map:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	atlantis.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	46745  
Old June 2, 2003, 18:02   #75
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 19:12
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us

youre beginning to get too close to the sun again
ay, heat melts the wax and the mind.

Orange is plains, correct?
Old June 2, 2003, 23:31   #76
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Draakrijik
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	geomap1.gif
Views:	67
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	46820  
Old June 3, 2003, 00:17   #77
SKILORD
King

I'd start the new thread, but, as many of you have guessed, I don't do the whole 'Update Post 1' bit very well.

So we gotta wait fr the Merti man.
Old June 3, 2003, 15:51   #78
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 22:12
*waits for metali, the god of the Bachaian people, to log on to 'poly*
Old June 3, 2003, 22:35   #79
Sheep
King

Backstory and Histroy of Sylvannia Part One
There are few facts, but much legends surrounding the Grand Duchy of Sylvannia and the ruling von Carstein bloodline. Vampiric in nature the von Carsteins were destined from the beginning to become the most powerful and important of its kind in the world today. Indeed Sylvannia is in its zenith under the rulership of Duke Vlad over the dark and inhospitable island.

Before the advent of the von Carsteins, and in fact since the begiining of historical records, Sylvannia has always been referred to as a cursed and evil land. It surface for the most part is covered by dark and dangerous forrests, its soil unproductive and poor. it is a land where the darkest energies of mnagic flow strong. The dead long hav a reputation for not resting easily, attested by the Sylvannian custom of burying their dead, 6 foot deep and upside down, to make it harder for them to claw out.

The vile noblemen, long since practioners of the dark arts and the lore of necromancy, built their castles and keeps at mystical points where the winds of magic flow their strongest. Sylvannians are kept in a state of misery and superstitous ignorance while their squalid hamlets are dominated with ruthless cruelty.

It was almost five centuries ago that the von Carsteins took power in the Dukedom. The then duke, Otto von Drak died without a male heir and after a quick intercine war Manfred von Carstein seized the throne. Majority of the aristocracy at first did not recognise Manfred as their new monarch, but soon were 'persuaded' to do so. The best of them Manfred made into lesser vampires, so that they could form his enternal bodygard and be the generals of his undead legions. Queen Neffretia III of Lahmia, in the norther half of the island did not interfere, as she failed to see the threat posed by Mafred's ascension.

Sylvannia was transformed into a efficent country. Manfred ruled tow long centuries, using diffrent names and guises as to not arouse suspicion, over his unnatural longevity. He bided his time waiting for the right moment to strike.

Less than three centuries ago, Manfred revealed his true nature to the world, that of a vamire lord. He attacked Lahmia at the head of a horde made of the regular Sylvannian army and countless legions of the living dead. The Wars of Vampiric Ascendacy had begun. Lahmia was devestated, as Manfred rampaged throughout the nation for forty years. During this long period the fortunes of the war changed many times. More than once Manfred was cut down by a hero's blade or a lucky cannon shot, and every time his army suffered severe casualties.

Unfortuanltley for Lahmia, the Duke always wore a powerful amgic ring that granted him amazing regenartive powers. Manfred always retruned from the netherworld ad the victims of famine, pestilence and the war were always there to replenish his armies.

In the frst war's fiftith year, after a series of great victories, Manfred's army was immense. The Sylvannians reached the capital of Nekhraka, and laid seige to the greatses city of Lahmia. the seige lasted for moths with the Lahmians losing all hope. When the final assault came, the High Preistess of Lahmia faced Manfred herself on the battlements of Nekhraka. Sensing that she could not alone win this duel, the High Priestess decided to sacrafice her own life, in an attempt to destroy the Duke. She let Manfred stab her with his sword and with her last strength she grabbed Manfred and dragged both of them off the walls.

The two figures fell in an embrace of death and impaled themselves on one of the many stakes littering Nekhraka's moat. legends say that Manfred's ring had been stolen the night before by the greatest theif in the known world.
Old June 3, 2003, 22:53   #80
Sheep
King

Part Two
Wherever the truth lies, that was the end of the first Vampiric Duke of Sylvannia. With Manfred gone, the Sylvannians were forced into retreat. ver half the Vampiric generals were dead, but sogreat were the causalites inflicted on Lahmia that no pursuit was possible. Facing rebellion at home the Queen o Lahmia was forced to deal with her own subjects then to press into Sylvannia. This way the pernicous lords of Sylvannia were granted an interval to remarshall their strength.

The remaining von Carsteins reached Sylvannia where they hid to lick their wounds. Soon a bitter stuggle broke out, to decide who would tak the titile of Duke now that Manfred was gone. After years of internal strife Konrad vonm Carstein prevailed.

Konrad was a mad and violent individual , feeared by his servants as much as his enemies. he immediatley launched another campaign agains Lahmia, in a vain attempt to emulate Manfred's victories. Far less skilled a tactian than his predecessor, Konrad was stopped at nthe Battle of Grim Moor. The Duke fell to the hero Helmar, soon to be prince married to Queen Neffretia IV.

In the aftermath of the second war, the current Duke Vlad von Carstein took command. Vlad is a towering figure of a man, with a mane of black hair and percing eyes. A subtle, devious and trecherous individual, he is know to at times posses an evil temprament that could easily esculate into beserker fury. There are times when only his wife, Isabella can calm him without blood being spilt. Isabella is Vlad's most trusted confidante and the only person he truly trusts.

Two more centureis passed under Vlad. He rebuilt Sylvannia and repaired relations with Lahmia. Biding his time, Sylvannia prosepered while he ssecretly rebuilt the army.

Vlad's time came as Lahmia crashed into civil war asd the High Prince upsurped the Queen';s cotnrol with the High Priestess's forces joining the Queen. Vlad's undead leagions crossed the Sylvannian border in the depths of winter and marched through the snows to Nekhraka, putting any villages they met to the sword to add them to the ranks of his army. Victory followed Victory and mere rumours of Vlad's apporach were enough to send them fleeing from their homes to freeze to death in the snow. His forces reached Nekhraka late winter and he foundte city battlements empty of defenders.

Vlad had accomplished what his predecessors had not done. With their capital gone, the High Prince surrendered his forces to Sylvannia. In return the High Prince was give the 'kiss of blood' and gifted eternal undeath as a Vampire. Without the other half of the Lahmian resistance the Queen and the High Preistess were forced into exile. Within the then years after the annexation fo Lahmia by Sylvannia, both the Lahmian rulers had died of mysterious causes.

That was fifty years ago, and Duke Vlad and his wife Isabella still regin over the Sylvannian island and ready themselves for the next challange.
Old June 4, 2003, 02:17   #81
plexus
Never Ending StoriesTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Chieftain

Draakrijik History

The Hagedissen are an ancient race created by the god-like beings known as the Old Ones to be the guardians of the world. Their age-old civilisation is in the lush forests of Draakrijik and the Zuiden Islands, where their mighty temple-cities rise amid the ancient trees and tundra, while their great ports dot the coastline.

Large, unearthly creatures, the Tovenaar are quite unlike anything else in the world. Their heads are large to match the mighty intellect held within, and their eyes are bulbous and all-seeing. They can live for thousands of years, and their bodies become more bloated with the passing centuries. They perceive time differently to the short-lived mortal creatures of the world, and slip into extended periods of contemplation and thought that can last decades, even centuries, at a time. Endlessly they ponder the meaning of time and the mysteries of the universe. And their leaderships skills are un-matched.

A fully arrayed Hegedissen army is an awesome and striking battle force filled with colour and variety. Saurus warriors form the fighting core of the army, supported by clouds of nimble Snelen that harass the enemy with blowpipe and javelins from amongst the forests and tundra.

Terrifying creatures such as the vicious, fire-breathing Draaken, the towering Reuzen and the gargantuan Verbrijzen fight alongside the Hagedissen javeliners and infantry, guided into battle where their aggressive, carnivorous instincts take over as they prey on and devour their foes.

Last edited by plexus; June 4, 2003 at 02:22.
Old June 4, 2003, 08:23   #82
SKILORD
King

AHEM Mark.

C'mon man, we be needin the new thread.