Old May 25, 2003, 13:38   #61
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
LOL attack
A variation of the Rolleyes attack whose purpose is to defeat any argument by throwing a massive amount of smilies at it. Important immediate damage, but the spell is inefficient if the argument resists to the first wave. In this case, any further use of the LOL attack is self damaging for the caster
Edit : a typical LOL attack can be witnessed here

LOL healing
A technique similar to the LOL attack in its preparation, but with a very different outcome. The caster uses a LOL defense on an ally to boost his ally's charisma by showing his jokes are funny.
Edit : a typical LOL healing can be found here

Real masters of the LOL School can execute both LOL techniques in the same thread.

Last edited by Spiffor; May 26, 2003 at 10:22.
Old May 25, 2003, 15:20   #62
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 22:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Armchair General
Claiming vast knowledge and prediction of a armed conflict's outcome, dispite never having been in the Armed Services.

Is There a God?
Not to be confused with Does God Exist, this spell provokes MtG into a righteous rage, and the caster of the spell soon finds out "Is there a God?".
Old May 25, 2003, 15:23   #63
Lonestar
inmate
King

Military Wannabe
Creature Enchantment. Said poster claims to have been in the military/armed conflict but seems to give answers conflicting with real servicemens' views. Causes enchanted creature to look like a dumb ass in front of everyone.

Slowwhand's Irrestiable Dance
Creates an infinite number of songs, complete with lyrics.
Old May 25, 2003, 15:33   #64
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
Instant promotion: (can only be cast by those with military experience) Magicaly turns individuals from lower ranks into 4 star generals, making them think they are the only worthwhile authority into military history. Length of illusion differs, last longer is backed by other spells. (best with higher strenght [actual knowledge])

Accusatory definition: creature enchantment. Attempts to lower enemy defense and charisma by throwing at it a political label indiscriminately. 95% chance that the spell will be cast back as well.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old May 25, 2003, 15:39   #65
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 20:13
On smiley sprite demons:

These varied magical creatures affect various aspects of a poster.

Some enhance/lower charisma
Others are used for attack and defense.

(not a full list)

On the charisma scale:
+1
(variable), +- 1
+2
+1
+2

both charisma and attack smileys:

-2 Ch, +2 attack
-1 ch, attack
-2 ch, attack

Attack

+1 attack
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old May 25, 2003, 15:42   #66
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:13
Ignore
A rarely used spell which allows the caster to be sheltered from other charatcers. However, only the strongest posters can continue to attack their enemies after having cast Ignore on them.
Old May 25, 2003, 16:03   #67
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Finnegan's Fabulous Fingers-In-Your-Ears - Cast by telling another poster that he/she is on your ignore list. Does not actually have to be cast in conjunction with ignore.

Ambrose's Ambiguous Ass-Wrappage - Cast by hurling a self-made insult at another poster. Confounds most (if not all) counter-insults, since the other poster knows that he/she has been insulted, but isn't exactly certain how he/she has been insulted.
Old May 25, 2003, 17:11   #68
Lonestar
inmate
King

Loinburger, anyone tell you you're a genius?
Old May 25, 2003, 19:04   #69
orange
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 21:13
Clapton's Casual Canvas - Often cast by Slowwhand, this spell is used to create semi-random images which correspond with a preivous post.

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui
Old May 25, 2003, 19:09   #70
Kuciwalker
Deity

Bold - used to put special emphasis on certain words.
Old May 25, 2003, 19:39   #71
orange
Emperor

Fin - A spell used to post in another language (not necessarily finnish).

Old May 25, 2003, 21:07   #72
Lonestar
inmate
King

Too Many Damn Middleeast Threads
Blanket destruction of Middleeast Threads.

JohnT's Books of Vile Darkness
Creates Apolyton Sci-fi book club.
Old May 25, 2003, 23:28   #73
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 10:13
Godwin's Law - global enchantment. Any poster who accuses the opposition of being a Nazi or communist loses the debate automatically. This spell cannot be dispelled or countered.

Cite - this spell opens a gate to another dimension, where the local denizens will support the caster's position.
Old May 26, 2003, 02:22   #74
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Kudos to mods for relocating the thread to its proper home.

Slice

Allows caster to ignore well-constructed, coherent posts by reducing said post to isolated sentences. Lowers morale of all thread combatants. Can only be countered by dreaded or attacks cast by high-charisma posters.
Old May 26, 2003, 02:58   #75
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 05:13
Markos's Mighty Mangling
One of the most potent spells, usable only by those with True Power. Increases the strength of the global aura of magic by adding more hacks to the forum software.

Global Banishment
Not a spell per se. All magic users are banished to their native plane of existence by a temporary destruction of the world of the Forum.

Ugandan Computer Tirade
Named after a certain Ugandan prince. Starts a thread about one or more advancements in technology. Though the first post is usually biased to one side, all the posts following it tend to be biased to the other.

Conformism to non-conformism
Makes a non-conformist conform to the current standard of non-conformism. This spell has an area effect, so it is useful for creating large groups of non-conformists to support the underdogs, especially in discussions created by Ugandan Computer Tirades, and it is widely known that the reason why the general bias of those threads tends to be towards non-conformism is because of the existence and common use of this spell.
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old May 26, 2003, 03:01   #76
muxec
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
Bold - used to put special emphasis on certain words.
Old May 26, 2003, 03:14   #77
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 12:13
Avoid Fate - Cast only after extreme trolls or flames. The caster vanishes without trace from Apolyton for several days, and is later dropped back into the time stream as though nothing happened.

Eye of Chaos - Opens a thread that radiates politically-charged mana into the aether, attracting hundreds of extremists from both the left and right wings of politics. Often fatal to all concerned.

Archaic Steel - Perfected by Archaic in the NationStates forum. Increases the caster's endurance during an argument, grants selective hearing, and renders him nearly impervious to counter-arguments. Disadvantages: decreases charisma, and inclines caster to churn out pages after pages of quote-and-reply, making it all but impossible for allies to come to his aid.
Old May 26, 2003, 03:15   #78
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Ming Lightning Ball: Reduces PCR stat by %50; teleports target to Mingapulco.
Old May 26, 2003, 03:45   #79
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 12:13
Mellian Sledge - A two-pronged attack combining disorienting use of the and a deluge of assaults undermining the enemy's "realism" and "thinking and creative skills".
Old May 26, 2003, 05:33   #80
orange
Emperor

Nepotism - The spell which reveals images of spellcaster's kin to other forumers. Often used to generate charisma, especially when spell is followed by posts including the and smileys.

Old May 26, 2003, 12:39   #81
Az
Emperor

- The Spirit of Indifference A very strong defensive summoning spell, that, while not requiring much mana from the spellcaster, is only used by the most skilled and wise warrior priests. It is believed to be a stronger, more developed version of the ZZZ-demon. It adds +3 DEFENCE, +4 STAMINA.
Old May 26, 2003, 17:02   #82
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
Mellian Sledge - A two-pronged attack combining disorienting use of the and a deluge of assaults undermining the enemy's "realism" and "thinking and creative skills".

Lonestar's annoying Nagging
Cast when BAC story movement is too damn slow.
Old May 28, 2003, 00:35   #83
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 10:13
Attempted Dismissal - this spell involves the use of proclamations such as "Get real!" or "Get a clue!", the caster attempts to dismiss the targeted argument without any serious attempts to counter it. A cheap spell to cast, it is almost instantly recognised by experienced wizards, and causes great loss of charisma for the caster.