Old May 24, 2003, 18:00   #1
Xzilenifo
Settler

Local Time: 02:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Alpha Centauri Dreams
A while back, I heard about someone who played SMAC 36 hours straight and started having dreams about Alpha Centauri. The guy had to stop playing for a week to get the dreams to go away.

Frankly, i find this very interesting, so, if you ever had a dream related to Alpha Centauri, post a description of any length about it here.

Oh, yah, I don't crae if this has already been done, so don't post on my thread just because you want to b*&% about how everyone ignores the old threads.

Besides that, have a good time, and post away!
Old May 24, 2003, 18:29   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I almost always play before going to bed (not always SMAC ) and I find I invariably dream about whatever I was last playing. I very often dream I am simply playing a game. The worst case however, is when you get the MUSIC stuck in your head when you're tring to sleep. Anyone remember Battle Isles '93 ??

Aaaaaaagh !

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 24, 2003, 22:22   #3
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 12:16
I did have one once. I was in Gaia's Landing and it was getting bombarded, and we had to evacuate.

I used it as inspiration for a part of my now-hibernating AC-Fiction story The Hunt.
Old May 25, 2003, 01:41   #4
gwillybj
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
I was an infantryman collecting dogtags from fallen enemy soldiers after my faction conquered their base. I might have been administering last rites, I'm not sure (that might have been another dream). I came upon one not yet dead who, with his last breath, made me promise to write a letter to his family describing how heroically he had defended his position, standing strong, refusing to retreat against overwhelming odds. Another dying soldier nearby overheard this and made the same request. This kept happening until I woke up.
Old May 25, 2003, 04:04   #5
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:16
After a marathon session, I've never dreamed of being in the game itself, but I have dreams about my real life, only I have to use the SMAC interface to get anything done. Like my mothers ill, and I have to click on her city to view what's wrong. Very weird...
Old May 25, 2003, 06:39   #6
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 16:16
wow, did someone get burned?

Anyway, I had a semi-AC dream. I was at a dining room table, wooden, with no windows. I guess I was in the Human Hive cause it was very cave-like. Anyway, for dinner I had to eat what looked like xenofungus....yeah, that red stuff. It was right after I read Dragon Sun so I guess that influenced my dream. Nothing happens in the dream, I'm just eating xenofungus in a dining room in the Human Hive. Boring, I know.

But I didn't say it was interesting.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 25, 2003, 07:22   #7
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 03:16
Plenty of times the game has got into my head and it's become like a chessmasters brain where i've watched 100 moves being played out then it starts again with a different set and the outcome of that, just repeating and repeating until a nice naked woman enters or i wake up
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:21   #8
Petek
lifer
Prince

Local Time: 19:16
I had an AC dream just last night. I was in a large room that had dozens of PCs all connected to each other. Every computer was being used to play a single game on a huge, huge map. The game map was displayed on a big screen in the front of the room--it took up an entire wall. I can't remember which faction I was playing, but all the human players were ganging up on the Hive (which was being controlled by a computer). We were just starting to build fusion-powered Choppers, when I woke up. Too bad! I remember thinking that it was going to take a long time to bring the Choppers into play because the map was so large.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:46   #9
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 23:16
I once had an erotic dream... with Sister Miriam!
Old May 25, 2003, 15:00   #10
PresidentMarcos
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Warlord

Local Time: 18:16
Once, I had a dream about being...what was it? That Zakharov character. It was funny...sitting in the Administrative Building. The funny thing was that even though the map was HUGE, and so was the planet, the gravity was the same as Earth's...Anyway, there came a time where I negotitated with Miriam. Just scary...Of course, I showed her a mathematic formula proving the non-existence of a God, and there was one frikkin big war. It involved fusion powered Laser Rovers. I won.
Old May 26, 2003, 04:45   #11
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 16:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex
I once had an erotic dream... with Sister Miriam!
Oh the Humanity!

Next time, just keep things things to yourself....it's better that way.....for all of us.

Sister Miriam.....blegh!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 26, 2003, 09:06   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Deirdre would be understandable though....

-Jam
Old May 26, 2003, 20:14   #13
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Deirdre would be understandable though....

-Jam
Everybody's had those dreams.
Old May 26, 2003, 20:24   #14
Jamski
Deity

Thank God, I'm just normal then

-Jam
Old May 26, 2003, 20:31   #15
Lazerus
King

You had the one where shes just lying naked on a bed of fungus ? no ? ... me neither
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old May 26, 2003, 22:41   #16
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 19:16
anyone that has erotic dreams about fictional game characters needs to get out more.

that being said ive had dreams about playing turns in smac after 48 hour sessions.
Old May 27, 2003, 01:58   #17
VJ
King

You guys need to get a life.

I've always wanted to say that
Old May 27, 2003, 07:37   #18
Lazerus
King

some people take life far too seriously

anyways the only difference between a fictional character and lets say that calendar of halle berry you look at is a lump of water and carbon somewhere on the planet that you will never meet.
Though i do find dreams abit boring, a submissive girlfriend is far more fun
Old May 27, 2003, 08:51   #19
Jamski
Deity

If your dreams are a bit boring, then you're doing something wrong Laz

-Jam
Old May 27, 2003, 09:34   #20
Blackheart
Settler

Have I got a crazy dream inspired by ALpha Centauri! So I was playing as the Hive I believe and I had some major eco destruction going on with Bore Holes and mines at a few bases. Well mind worms and fungus started popping up all around them so I had to fight them like hell. I sort of felt bad for damaging planet, and then i went to bed. I had this dream where i was like "one" with the planet with some other chic, like Deidre. We had been humans but now our minds were in the planet, but it was earth. We sort of forgot we were humans but i had a dream of a dream, where Earth ended in like a nuclear winter. Then we somehow step out of the Earth and find survivors!! We find some old rusty cruise ship and someone passed me a bong. So i tried to use it, but it fell apart. Then I jumped off into the water. the end.,
Old May 27, 2003, 11:41   #21
Lazerus
King

you sure you didn't take the bong first ?

thinking about it is fun Jam, doing it is better
Old May 27, 2003, 11:55   #22
Jamski
Deity

Heh, you should tell that to Mrs Jamski

-Jam
Old May 29, 2003, 15:28   #23
Andemagne
Civilization II MultiplayerNationStatesCivilization II Succession GamesACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 04:16
well, not about SMAC but Gettysburg. played it for five hours 'cos couldn't sleep, and now I see little southern crosses every time I close my eyes.
Old May 30, 2003, 13:06   #24
Alex
Emperor

Local Time: 23:16
There was a redeeming point in that erotic dream I had with Miriam... it was an S&M orgy.
Old May 30, 2003, 14:16   #25
Cybergod
Prince

Wow, some people are even sadder than me...
Old May 30, 2003, 17:58   #26
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
There was a redeeming point in that erotic dream I had with Miriam... it was an S&M orgy.
Now I'm really, really, really, really, really, really SCARED.

-Jam
Old May 31, 2003, 03:39   #27
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Hey, I haven't tried it, so I won't knock it.
Old June 3, 2003, 20:56   #28
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I was at a farm....When I turned into a ball of light and began transending, until I realized I disabled it as a victory option!

So I enabled the Scen Editor and turned it on and ascended 3 times.
Old June 5, 2003, 02:11   #29
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

I cannot remember my dreams unless something interrupts me and I take the effort trying to remember everything. Usually what happens is that I half wake up due to the noise of other people waking and stay in a highly disrupted dream pattern that drifts in and out.
Old June 7, 2003, 11:28   #30
Xzilenifo
Settler

So... whats your Alpha centauri dream?

or did you just post to tell us about your sleeping habits...