Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:17
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Hive Website Development ***CLASSIFIED***
*** CLASSIFIED ***

Comrades,

Work has begun on the glorious new web page of the Human Hive!

I have taken the great Googlie's suggestion to use Bravenet. It has top banners and a few popups, but it seems reliable and we didn't have to jump through many hoops to register.

The features:

Quote:
Banner Ads
FTP allowed
100 Megs Storage Space
600 Megs/Month Bandwidth Limit
20 Megs Daily Bandwidth Limit
MID files allowed
There isn't much there yet to look at, but the URL is available at:

http://thehumanhive.bravepages.com/

As the weekend progresses, I will add more content. Please post your ideas and suggestions here.

We need talented writers to develop content as well, something we in the Hive have an abundance of, fortunately.

Good images you have found or created are also welcome.

Also, please write for yourself a short biographical sketch and post here. This can be in character, out of character or both. If you have a picture you wish to add, let me know and we can make arrangements on posting that as well.

Remember this information is TOP SECRET and under no circumstances should it be posted outside of our private forum until we are ready to unleash it upon the unsuspecting drones in the other factions!

*** CLASSIFIED ***
Old May 24, 2003, 20:02   #2
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nice one Static. I suggest all back issues of PRAVDA. Do you want the text in HTML format? Or would you rather do that yourself to keep the house look?

I also think we have to include all transcripts of the CyCon, so when we do unleash it they can be royally PISSED seeing how we can read their code already We can lie a bit so they think we could always understand it right from the beginning

/me gets writing his bio

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 24, 2003, 20:09   #3
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Nice one Static. I suggest all back issues of PRAVDA. Do you want the text in HTML format? Or would you rather do that yourself to keep the house look?
Let's wait a bit as the house style develops. It shouldn't be too hard to convert them.

Quote:

I also think we have to include all transcripts of the CyCon, so when we do unleash it they can be royally PISSED seeing how we can read their code already We can lie a bit so they think we could always understand it right from the beginning
Diabolical.
Old May 24, 2003, 20:14   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

You calling one of my suggestions diabolical, Static? That's awfully nice of you

However, to be fair, we also need a master plan to PISS OFF the Uni - that's much higher on my agenda. Perhaps our secret spy Tass can be of use

-Jam
Old May 24, 2003, 20:35   #5
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:17
Re: Hive Website Development ***CLASSIFIED***
Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe
It has top banners and a few popups
I think that one can specify which genre of banners etc is allowed - I know in my commercial site I only have financial services, computer stuff and e-Bay/Amazon etc ads (i.e. no lingerie or lottery, etc stuff)

It might be the "small business" package, though.

G.
Old May 24, 2003, 20:55   #6
Static Universe
Prince

Re: Re: Hive Website Development ***CLASSIFIED***
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

I think that one can specify which genre of banners etc is allowed - I know in my commercial site I only have financial services, computer stuff and e-Bay/Amazon etc ads (i.e. no lingerie or lottery, etc stuff)

It might be the "small business" package, though.

G.
I'm looking through the options but I don't see one for that.

I have the site categorized as "Games (Computer/Internet/RPG)" so maybe that has some influence.

I'm looking at the forum options over there as well. That should be interesting.
Old May 24, 2003, 21:22   #7
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 16:17
Great Idea Comrades!!!!!

Apologies that I have not been here for awhile, my internet connection is on the fritz (i.e. messed up) so I haven't been able to access Apolyton for awhile. I hope this message gets through seeing as how the past few times I've been trying to post, it hasn't worked. Anyway, I will help on the construction of the site when my internet connection stops acting up.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old May 24, 2003, 22:00   #8
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Re: Re: Re: Hive Website Development ***CLASSIFIED***
free.simpehost.com

I think this would be better.
Old May 24, 2003, 22:21   #9
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

This is indeed a great development of the Human Hive! Let's work on that with full force! I can help some if needed, I know html and asp although haven't really been practising these for some times.

One comment is that the blue link on blue background is not very easy to see although I'm sure you just haven't had the chance to do much yet.

On the content in addition to the national anthem, Pravda and the CC decodes (GREAT idea Jam I'm extremely thrilled) we probably could use a couple stories about Yang and Voltaire and how we get to become the Hive faction before the unity pod landing. Maybe some false announcement about our production and military actions so we could mislead inform other factions about the progress of the building of this great country. Now this needs to be planned carefully and the information should appear to be leaked inadvertently. The information should also be taken off the website after a couple of days. This could increase the credibility as well as increase the hit count because they'll check it as often as possible so that they don't miss an important information. Something like the Chairman's diary or minutes of the PAC. Then the link should appear to be removed but they could somehow still access that info through a back door (say if they remember the url the file should still be there and being updated every now and then only no link is included in the webpage). Maybe even add a password that is crackable for that file after the leak is discovered.

Hack maybe we can even put the code book in the website if we are going to develop our own coding system for public forums. What's more is that we can even put the decoding machine there too. However, the correct way to utilize it will not be revealed to the public and there should be a database of plausible sentences stored in the machine so when somebody who use the machine incorrectly he'll get a sentence that is generated randomly by the machine which is unfortunetaly totally unrelated to the real message. Of course this means a lot of work and effort. If we are going to do it, then we better do it early when the game doesn't need a lot of thinking and discussions.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 24, 2003, 23:19   #10
Static Universe
Prince

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hive Website Development ***CLASSIFIED***
Quote:
Originally posted by Tassadar5000
free.simpehost.com

I think this would be better.
I registered there and there aren't nearly half the options on the back end. I'll play around with it a little more and see which is more suitable for us.
Old May 25, 2003, 08:01   #11
Jamski
Deity

This Comrade HongHu is so FULL of good ideas. If I'm ever stuck for something to do I'm going to shake him till some more fall out. I love the idea of misinforming the other factions and making them check back everyday to get the latest news

-Jam
Old May 25, 2003, 23:45   #12
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
I'm going to shake him
Her

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 26, 2003, 03:39   #13
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu

Her
Now that's an interesting revelation.
Old May 26, 2003, 04:48   #14
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

uh-oh....you better not tell anyone else your gender...or else your gonna get hit on by the others..... Comrade HongHu.
Old May 26, 2003, 07:54   #15
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:17
I wonder if it gives Jamski more reason to run out of ideas
Old May 26, 2003, 08:42   #16
Jamski
Deity

/me suddenly has no ideas.....

Comrade HongHu, you know its compulsory for all female posters on 'poly to post a picture of themselves, don't you

(Its for Franky's benefit)

-Jam
Old May 26, 2003, 15:19   #17
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
* Jamski suddenly has no ideas.....

Comrade HongHu, you know its compulsory for all female posters on 'poly to post a picture of themselves, don't you

(Its for Franky's benefit)

-Jam
Yes, post a picture to go with your bio.

That means all of you!

And write your damm bios!

I'm working on the website today.
Old May 26, 2003, 18:52   #18
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Bio: Comrade Octavian X

He is known for a zealous love for doughnuts, and The Hive (so long as the The Hive provides the doughnuts).

More to come later.

Also, a suggestion: change the link color. I can hardly see them over the background.
Old May 26, 2003, 20:42   #19
Frankychan
King

Comrades! What is this treachery?!

Name: Comrade Frankychan
Country of Origin: USA, Hawaii
DOB: ******lost in Unity crash******
Height: 155.753 cm
Weight: 86.1 kg

Pre-Chiron-born into a family of social service, Frankychan was immersed in the idea of "helping your fellow man". Studied psychology and later went on to receive MA's in Criminal Justice and Public Administration. Was hired by local government to oversee the criminal justice system. Focused on administration of local prison systems and adjunct judicial offices. Watched the Unity Project with mild interest and sent in his application. Later, he was notified that he was accepted for his knowledge of administration in the criminal justice system. His official duty was assistant aid to low level security administrator. When the Unity broke apart, his cryo-pod remained intact, fused to a Unity pod. The resulting crash on Planet woke him from cryo-sleep alone and stranded.

He was later found by Comrade Tassadar. Brought to the Hive, it was uncertain if he was going to survive his ordeal but has since made a full recovery. He is seen as totally loyal to the Hiverian cause.

Comrade Frankychan has since been appointed Commissioner of Public Safety whose duties include making sure anti-Hive elements are quickly removed......among other duties.

Quotes by Comrade Frankychan-

"Familiarity breeds trust"
-declassified conversation amongst party members.

"I see this Planet as a new chance for a true utopia....led, of course, by the Human Hive."
-conversation amongst colleagues at an official dinner.

"Our entire society is based around the simple notion of personal security. Everything from the grand architecture of our bases to the simple craftsmanship of our eating utensils, all symbolize our governments dedication to the protection and welfare of our citizens. Personal security is therefore entrenched in our society's mentality of survival.....and woe be it to those who would jeopardize it."
-Comrade Frankychan
Lecture to incoming police recruits.

Last edited by Frankychan; May 28, 2003 at 20:29.
Old May 27, 2003, 10:50   #20
Snowflake
Princess

I already have a nice bio in my head with picture! but you guys have to wait because I really have to get this overdued report done and the meeting is tomorrow! Ahhh...

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 27, 2003, 16:39   #21
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Static Universe

Yes, post a picture to go with your bio.

That means all of you!

And write your damm bios!

I'm working on the website today.
I got sidetracked yesterday and didn't get much done. I have some stuff to adjust and then upload, so hopefully some there will be more up soon.
Old May 27, 2003, 21:49   #22
Snowflake
Princess

Here you go boys!

Name: HongHu
Country of Origin: China
DOB: 10-25-2066
Height: 167.6 cm
Weight: 48.7 kg

Born 2066, Beijing, China; Studied Management Information System at Tsinghua University, later acquired an MA in Economics and a PhD in Far Eastern Studies from Princeton University. Immediately distinguished self of the ability of combining knowledge of multiple subjects with deep intuition in cases of complex situations. While at college HongHu was an enthusiastic follower of Deirdre Skye’s “green” environmental approach to social and economical development until she met her future husband at the graduation ceremony of her master’s degree. She married into the Yang family upon the completion of her PhD degree and has since become a firm believer of the principle of democratic economic planning.

HongHu’s initial application to participate the U.N. Alpha Centauri Mission was rejected for lack of working experience. However, both her and her husband were accepted into the mission in the last minutes due to Sheng-ji Yang’s political influence. No time for grieve for the loss of her friends and comrades including Chairman Yang and her husband during the crash of the unity, she stood and fought side by side with comrades Voltaire, Jamski and others during the darkest and hardest early years of the Human Hives. She embraced the new Hive with her entire heart and body. Her devotion to the party and hard work has been soon recognized by the people and party and the young woman was approached by different departments with various positions range from a position in Commission of Foreign Relations to the Director of the Military Intelligence.

Comrade HongHu is blessed with two precious flowers of the motherland.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; June 17, 2003 at 12:39.
Old May 27, 2003, 22:21   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Looks like I got promoted to the warlord status also! Was just adjusting being a ... Forgot already what that is. Anyway, Whee!

But is the whole world here tonight? Why is apolyton this slow? The only night my two flowers are soundly asleep this early ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 27, 2003, 22:31   #24
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Yeah - usually I can jump between the various private forums quite easily, but it's a chore tonight. I've been timed out about a dozen times, (and that's with DSL, too)

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 23:02   #25
Vev
King

Somehow I don't think Vev's alter ego as an travelling insurance saleman fits in the Hive. (unless it is a compulsory state sponsored 'protection' scheme )
Old May 28, 2003, 01:39   #26
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Name: Voltaire
Position: Political & Social Officer
Country of Origin: Canada
DOB: 12-14-2022
Height: 172.0 cm
Weight: 64.0 kg

Service Record:
Studies Political Sciences and Biochemistry at the University of Calgary, continued education in Political Sciences receiving a MA and PhD in the field at Oxford University. Employed deep understanding of biological behavioral factors in humans to develop a unique theory of governance. After serving 5 years as part of a UN think tank on global dilemmas, appointed the Chair of United Nations Commission for the Reconstruction of Africa (UNCORA).

A staunch supported of the Unity project; saw the mission as an opportunity to implement political theories on a society untouched by the Earths decadence. Used political influence in the UN to gain the position of Political and Social Office aboard the Unity. During late years of project befriended Sheng-ji Yang, in whom he saw a born leader and a man who could shed away the decadence of Earth's society and form a new society in Alpha Centauri free of Earth's flaws.

After Yang's death chosen by the followers of Yang to lead the Human Hive. Assumed the responsibilities of Chairman, and began his own social experiments in the hopes of creating a perfect society.
Old May 28, 2003, 02:44   #27
Frankychan
King

you know....looking back at my post, I seem to talk more about the Hive than myself. I'll post some more later, right now I have to go lift weights. This comrade needs to keep fit to fight off dissidents.
Old May 28, 2003, 03:20   #28
Jamski
Deity

Name: Comrade Jamski
Position: Deputy Chairman of the CCC, Editorial Dept. to the PAC, Comissioner for Democratic Reform
Country of Origin: Estonia
DOB: 10-11-1989
Height: 164.0 cm
Weight: 49.0 kg

Service Record: The "old man" of the Peoples' Advisory Council is Comrade Jamski, one of the original dreamers who concieved of the perfect society beyond the stars long before the birth of the Unity project. In the late 2000's he met Yang for the first time, and realised that Yang's ruthlessness would make him the perfect tool to carry out his secret plans. By constant manoevering and blatant bribery Jamski was able to get himself both into Yang's inner circle, and into the planning department of the UN. From here it was a short step to get Yang onto the Unity, with a number of his followers, including Jamski himself. When during the reactor crisis on the Unity Yang panicked, Jamski saw he had chosen a poor leader for his people. It was easy enough to use Yang's meglomania to convince him to use a seperate private landing pod along with his closest supporters, and even easier to sabotage the landing controls of the pod, in the same way as he had already sabotaged the pods of his hated enemies Morgan, Deirdre and Lal. As always Jamski was prepared to elimininate anyone in order to see his long-term dreams forfilled. Jamski now tries to steer the faction through the PRAVDA magazine, and gives the Chairman sound advice gained from his many years of experience. His goal is simple - the distruction of all other factions and the establishment of a socialist paradise - with himself and his comrades on top.

-Jam
Old May 28, 2003, 17:35   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Jam, You chose to sabotage my dearest friend and comrade instead of those CyCon half human thing? I am shocked!

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; May 28, 2003 at 23:17.
Old May 28, 2003, 19:13   #30
Vev
King

Name: Vev
Position: Security and Morale Commissioner
Country of Origin: Australia
DOB: 11-02-2052
Height: 165.0 cm
Weight: 62.0 kg

Service Record:
Vev leads a two faced life. His exploits in Room 101 to gather the truth is well remembered by the unfortunate participants. On the other hand he is known for helping to spread the 'truth' to the general people through various forms of media. Absent in his personal bio is a period of 17 years where Vev was secretly assigned to highly politically sensitive operations where his security skills are used for highly classified reasons. It is suspected by some that after that mission Vev is slightly different and developed an odd personality. A perceptive few may say he is not quite right in his mind, although no one is foolish enough to share this opinion unless they wish to have a visit to Room 101.

Vev was selected by Yang for the Unity mission for his various security skills and loyalty. After the chaos with the Unity separation, Vev joined the Hive and is putting his current position as Comissioner of General Security into good use.