View Poll Results: Do you approve of these amendments?
Yes 8 47.06%
No 9 52.94%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 27, 2003, 14:58   #31
Xenozod
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 20:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Yay, I made a difference in voting! Look at me! I'm special!
Old May 27, 2003, 18:39   #32
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 21:18
Well, for scheduled elections, it never says how often, so technically, they could have them set every 5 years if they wanted to or change it sooner if they felt the need.

Again, these aren't meant to tie up the Marshal completely, just as I said before, give a check on his powers.

Also if there is a tie, I will relaunch the proposal, maybe with some changes that people feel should be in there.
Old May 27, 2003, 19:06   #33
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

I guess I'll put this here just in case there is a second time around: if you voted against this, but still think it is salvageable, post what you didn't like or want changed. And don't post "I didn't like any of it"
Old May 27, 2003, 19:20   #34
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Can we post that we liked all of it?

Because I did. As marshal I don't feel particularily threatened by these amendments, it was never my intention to hold on to the Marshal position forever, eventually I would have called for elections myself
Old May 27, 2003, 22:22   #35
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 22:18
I dont like any of it
Old May 27, 2003, 22:23   #36
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I dont like 1b and 2.
Old May 27, 2003, 23:23   #37
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by EZRhino

Um.. Yes, of course. If you will excuse me...
*Summons guard* That man is a nazi spy, have him dragged outside and shot.

"I have a much better solution."
*offers the guard some of his vodka
"Now, shoot this kulak!"

I thought it was clear its the power of the politburo to fire the marshall. It will also take a while for elections for the marshall, not to mention the time it will take to confirm a replacement for front command!
Old May 28, 2003, 02:40   #38
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 19:18
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
No longer than it takes to play a turn. This demo game was never intended to be fast paced, if the Marshal continues to please the politburo and the body politik, that it would be nothing more than a brief formality. It would not affect the continuity of the game, at least not in the sence of slowing it down.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 28, 2003, 05:33   #39
Bossy20000
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 03:18
I don't like 1b and 2.
EZRhino, it wouldn't just be a formality if he pleases the Politburo. The Politburo dosen't decide when elections are held, elections are held after x months, and then everybody can post his candidacy, so if there is an opposer, even if he hasn't got a chance in winning, we will have to keep the elections and wait until we have the results before we can continue.

H, if you want to stop with playing Marshal at any time, you can have an election, but this doesn't mean we need to have elections at certain time intervals. Just let everybody here know when/if you want to stop, and we can organise an election.
Old May 28, 2003, 12:48   #40
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

I'm still going strong, but if we get into July, I'll probably need a break
Old May 28, 2003, 13:30   #41
Bossy20000
Prince

I think there will be more of us who will take a break in July. I will be gone most of the month, but that's still more then a month to go! Maybe we will have won the war by then!!!
Old May 28, 2003, 17:50   #42
The ANZAC
King

Why does everyone say they hate planned, scheduled elections, but then they say they have problems with 1b? 1b I think is important so people can overthrow the govt in an orderly manner Just my thoughts if you get someone in office who you dislike, don't like the democratic aspect of elections, and want to start a real Soviet-esque power struggle. heheh Well, anyway, only one vote off before a tie...
Old May 28, 2003, 21:50   #43
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 02:18
1a. Least concerned, the only thing I don't like is delay in choosing the Marshall.
1b. Only Politburo can remove the Marshall. No front commanders, if they want the Marshall gone, talk to the Politburo. And no capitalist "democracy" with the majority of players voting the Marshall out. The Politburo is the guardian of the revolution, representing the will of the prolteariot.

2. No Politburo confirm for front commanders, the part I like the least.
Old May 29, 2003, 11:05   #44
Bossy20000
Prince

Comrade Anzyakov, I suggest you make a new proposal and take it to the Politburo thread for discussion. Once we have a consensus on how it should look like, we can have a new vote again.
Old May 29, 2003, 13:32   #45
The ANZAC
King

Yeah, once the voting period expires, I'll bring it up for deliberation in the Politburo: maybe it can be their first order of business after selecting ministerial positions?
Old June 16, 2003, 12:27   #46
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

ANZAC,

You posted this in another thread a few days ago. Im a bit confused because you were really for this earlier. Do you mind telling us why you have changed your mind? I think that will help us all decide whether we need to bring this up or not. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Also, I withdraw my support for my own amendments. I fyou still want to bring them up, sure, but I've had a change of heart