Old May 25, 2003, 15:47   #1
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 18:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Turnchat #7 (You don't say!)
Alright, this week kind of sucks, but I am tentatively scheduling turn chat #7 for Tuesday, May 27 at 6pm Pacific or 1AM GMT (Ack! Sorry for my european brothers! ) I'll schedule it to last about 2 hours, so we'll see how far we get in that time. Depending on what happens Tuesday itself, this could possibly change, but I will let everyone know!

It will take place at #civ3dem on Undernet as usual. This will most likely be the last turnchat this turn, as I posted in the "Is this dead?" thread that I have midterms this week and a geology field camp this weekend.

But in anycase, let's hopefully go out and prove we aren't dead yet! :P

Post orders here and this is open for discussion. Shall we prepare to show the Ottomans who their daddy is? (And will 6 archers be enough?)

Edit: Whoops! Miscounted hours for some reason. Thanks to BetaHound for bringing this to my attentions. Everyone should bookmark http://greenwichmeantime.com/ as it is an extremely valuable resource

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Last edited by WhiteBandit; May 26, 2003 at 12:34.
Old May 26, 2003, 03:59   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Please plan Turnchat #8 ahead at a time suitable for Europeans. I've missed the last 3 chats because they were all in the middle of the night.
There is a small window for which the chat is during daytime/evening hours for the US, Europe and NZ.
Old May 26, 2003, 06:27   #3
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:19
hi ,

why cant we have a turnchat one time for the europeans and the next for the americas the next for europe , etc , .....

have a nice day
Old May 26, 2003, 06:31   #4
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

why cant we have a turnchat one time for the europeans and the next for the americas the next for europe , etc , .....

have a nice day
Mainly because I'm American and I can only work my schedule out for "American hours". Regarding what BFM said about that small window, I agree, though I have school at strange hours too and it is usually during these midday/early evening hours here when it would normally be suitable to schedule the chat.

This is why more people need to run for other positions as well. MrWIA could hold turnchats at quite different times since he is halfway around the world.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but usually I can't afford to stay up late here in order to play a game (says the dude who is posting at 3:30AM his time...)

Hopefully this can be delt with for the next term.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old May 26, 2003, 08:10   #5
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by WhiteBandit

Mainly because I'm American and I can only work my schedule out for "American hours". Regarding what BFM said about that small window, I agree, though I have school at strange hours too and it is usually during these midday/early evening hours here when it would normally be suitable to schedule the chat.

This is why more people need to run for other positions as well. MrWIA could hold turnchats at quite different times since he is halfway around the world.

Normally I wouldn't mind, but usually I can't afford to stay up late here in order to play a game (says the dude who is posting at 3:30AM his time...)

Hopefully this can be delt with for the next term.
hi ,

, this could be done with by choosing for example a european vp and let him play every other turn or hold the chat , .....

have a nice day
Old May 26, 2003, 09:25   #6
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 22:19
I will be there. But I want to confirm the timing. 2am gmt makes it 10pm edt, and I don't believe there is a four hour time difference between the east and west coasts. Or do you folks not bother with this daylight-savings nonsense out there?
Old May 26, 2003, 12:36   #7
WhiteBandit
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by BetaHound
I will be there. But I want to confirm the timing. 2am gmt makes it 10pm edt, and I don't believe there is a four hour time difference between the east and west coasts. Or do you folks not bother with this daylight-savings nonsense out there?
Whoops! You are right! I miscounted hours somehow. GMT is 7 hours ahead of me, not 8. I guess I forgot to carry my decimal or something? Anyways, this site comes in handy:
http://greenwichmeantime.com/

The correct time of 1AM GMT has been updated!

Old May 26, 2003, 22:17   #8
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 21:19
With luck I can actually be there WOOHOOO.
Aggie
Old May 26, 2003, 23:45   #9
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

I'm officially appointing Jonny DM Deputy of Imperial Expansion; however, with only one chat left for this term and the original layout by doneagal only now being finished, I don't think there'll be anything for him to do. If the next DM would re-appoint him, I bet he could do more.

Here are 8-turn plans; an accompanying timeline has been posted in the DM building timeline thread. I'm afraid I'll miss at least the first hour of this chat, and possibly all of it; however, BetaHound has agreed to sub for me.

Turn 0 (1500 BC) - Move Asgards' laborer on the regular grass S tile to the bonus grass E of Asgard. Change the city's production to a warrior.
Move Copenhagen's laborer to the now-vacant tile NE-NE of the city

Turn 1 (1475 BC) - Bergen's WF to SW-S and E-NE and Trondheim's WF to S-SE and S. (This will require some switching between the two cities, as they will need to free up a tile each for each other).
Archer complete in Bergen; next build Spear

Turn 2 (1450 BC) - Order native worker to begin a road
Trondheim WF to S-SE, S, and W
Warrior's Luck WF to NE and S-SE
Warrior complete in Asgard; next build spear

Turn 3 (1425 BC) - Order Otto workers to begin roading
Asgard WF to E, SE, and SW (should already be placed this way by AI)
Trondheim's WF to S, S-SE, and NE. Archer complete, too; keep building Archers

Turn 4 (1400 BC) - Bergen WF to NE-E, NE, and S-SW.

Turn 5 (1375 BC) - Native worker S-E and mine.
Bergen Spear finishes; set production to Archer and WF to NE, NE-E, and S; all 7 shields should be uncorrupted. If not, time for some improvisation to get more food; 6 shields is no better than 5 shields when building 20-shield units.
Asgard finishes spear; build another spear there.
Warrior's luck finishes Archer; build another Archer for now

Turn 6 (1350 BC) - Copenhagen grows; WF to N-NW and NE-NE
Otto workers to move E-S and begin roading (should hopefully be far enough from war; if not, this is not a crucial assignment and may be changed.

Turn 7 (1325 BC) - Archer complete in Trondheim; build another one for now.
Barracks complete in Copenhagen; build a spear for now.

Turn 8 (1300 BC) - Spear complete in Asgard; build an Archer for now.
Archer complete in Bergen; build a spear for now.
Old May 27, 2003, 09:05   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 22:19
Who Hooo

There be life here. I will try and make it.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old May 27, 2003, 09:06   #11
sp0rkius
Civilization III Democracy Game
Settler

Local Time: 02:19
I might be able to make it, but then again I might not... I kinda resent having to do it at 1am ... can't we do it at 4pm american time, 11pm europe time in future?
Old May 27, 2003, 09:09   #12
sp0rkius
Settler

P.S. im not really from korea, i just like the flag. I'm from good old blighty. Don't think im gonna do it at 5 am or somthing...
Old May 27, 2003, 09:10   #13
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

shall we use poly's chat room now its back up , ......

have a nice day
Old May 27, 2003, 10:14   #14
WhiteBandit
Prince

nope, still use undernet as that poses the least amount of problems for everyone.

Old May 27, 2003, 10:15   #15
WhiteBandit
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by sp0rkius
I might be able to make it, but then again I might not... I kinda resent having to do it at 1am ... can't we do it at 4pm american time, 11pm europe time in future?
I held one at 4pm American time last week. My current schedule just works out this week that my only available slot to hold on it at 6pm. I apologize.

Old May 27, 2003, 20:05   #16
sp0rkius
Settler

where is this turnchat? its probably started already. Oh well. How do I get to it in future? Is it on irc or somthing?
Old May 27, 2003, 20:55   #17
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Sporkius, just download mirc and use the undernet srvers. we are about to start.
Aggie