Old May 31, 2003, 04:04   #61
dexters
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
They probably have something on their maps that you don't. Like islands. AI knows value of maps.

And the techs you are tyring to trade away may be depreciated because several other civs already have it.
Old May 31, 2003, 10:57   #62
MattH
King

Local Time: 02:24
123- It's in the editor. Scenario menu, Scenario Properties, check the 'debug mode' box.
Old May 31, 2003, 14:11   #63
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Imagine a learning AI that not only learns from it's mistakes but connects to the internet to exchange strategies with other AI's. They may even get their own forum here at apolyton
That would be awesome. The problem is is they would get so good and even the best players might not be able to beat them.

Everytime the AI sends in a settler to build a city in a culture gap, and send guys out to completely surround it. Then it cannot move and next time I go to war with that civ the settler is a sitting duck.

On defense, I wish the AI would actually concentrate its forces. Its border garrisons are no bigger than the ones in the middle of an empire during a war.

Sometimes the AI will make ridiculous counter-attacks. This one time I had taken about a third of Egypt and I was killing them pretty bad. The sent a counter-attack around all my guys to my relatively undefended civ and pillaged my improvements and stuff. Of course, they made the mistake of making all of them in two stacks, and I nuked them twice and the stacks of 50+ soldiers went down to about 2. But, it was very frusturating.

Another thing is the AI is ALWAYS a backstabber. That's the way civs are mostly in real life, but there are some nations, especially in the modern world, that don't do this and are actually friends. I was gracious with Hiawatha for thousands of years, and all of the sudden in about 10 turns I caught him thrice (I love that word) planting spies.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old May 31, 2003, 14:27   #64
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 20:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MattH
123- It's in the editor. Scenario menu, Scenario Properties, check the 'debug mode' box.
ok, thanks!
Old May 31, 2003, 14:45   #65
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 04:24
hi ,

not an AI problem , but related ;

when you generate a map and have flagged lets say no cities on plains the AI or editor shall still generate whales and fish in tiles that border the terrain that is flagged "no cities" , ......

have a nice day