View Poll Results: Should we impose a cap on faction numbers?
1) Yes 8 22.22%
1) No 12 33.33%
1) Abstain 2 5.56%
2) Twice the size of the least popular faction 7 19.44%
2) 3 times the size of the least popular faction 1 2.78%
2) Half the total number of participants 3 8.33%
2) 25 People 1 2.78%
2) Write-in 2 5.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 27, 2003, 11:54   #31
Cedayon
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 21:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Something tells me the Free Drones would take issue with Yang, but we'll see.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:59   #32
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Googlie: Many people haven't removed it from the last DG, who were here at some point. People like to keep the icons.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 27, 2003, 12:10   #33
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:24
Ah, right. I forgot about that
Old May 27, 2003, 13:46   #34
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 03:24
Whhsssssssh Thud, quiver. As dirk sticks in wood above Jamski's head.

Somebody call us evil.
Old May 27, 2003, 14:58   #35
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

You're evil, although maybe evil in training? Like your Dutch You are evil, and have evil intents, but are not quite Finnish yet. You must practice more. Now nerve-stapling is already taken (Hive) as are biological experiments (UoP) and mechanical experiments/implants (CyCon). You must find your own style of inner evilness

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 27, 2003, 16:31   #36
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:24
I voted:

Yes
Twice the size of the least popular faction

But I think a lot of problems could be fixed by a proper recruitment thread. And I don't think we should limit new posters. If they fail to produce useful input, they will quickly fall by the wayside.
Old May 27, 2003, 19:20   #37
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 21:24
Who says mechanical experiments/implants are evil? We're improving life for all of us, and working to create a utopia. That's seems to embody all that one would traditionally consider 'good'.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 27, 2003, 23:50   #38
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I vote more than half the total members, but I also forgot to click "yes" whoops.

-Jam
This is a interesting poll design. It appears that less people say yes although really more people want to do something. Kind of resamble the Patented Hive Polling System technique.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; May 28, 2003 at 09:25.
Old May 28, 2003, 00:00   #39
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
new posters with no posting history suddenly wishing to join factions.
Whoops! That was me ...

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 28, 2003, 00:39   #40
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Make it "twice the size of the smallest faction" for me.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 28, 2003, 00:45   #41
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:24
I thought Hive was Utopia
Old May 28, 2003, 00:50   #42
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Course it could be multiple voting - Yes, twice the size of the smallest, with a max of 25
Old May 28, 2003, 03:44   #43
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

We're an evil Utopia. (although if we keep losing colony pods at this rate we'll be just a mildy disagreeable Utopia )

-JAm
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 28, 2003, 06:01   #44
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Googlie: Many people haven't removed it from the last DG, who were here at some point. People like to keep the icons.
And it appears that HongHu, Corellion and a few others I've noticed are not part of the ACDG civgroup, so the numbers are even more off than they appear to be.

Old May 28, 2003, 06:32   #45
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie

We seem to have 79 registered for the DG general forum, and 53 cumulative for the private forums - even with me registered for all five PF's (and possibly GT as well) it still doesn't compute. Where's the discrepancy?

G.
I'm part of it.

I check this forum, was active in the DG, but until another DG happens there's not much for me to do but lurk. Nothing to do with the icon - I want to play a DG but there isn't one.

/me shrugs

I'll wait.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 28, 2003, 06:43   #46
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

I'm part of it.

I check this forum, was active in the DG, but until another DG happens there's not much for me to do but lurk. Nothing to do with the icon - I want to play a DG but there isn't one.

* MrWhereItsAt shrugs

I'll wait.
I don't see what the big production is. You have one DG with five mini-DGs going on inside it. You can pick ANY of them.

Old May 28, 2003, 06:48   #47
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
I want to play a DG but there isn't one

Its HERE, MrWIA. Join today.

/me wonders how MrWIA missed it for so long...

-Jam
Old May 28, 2003, 06:51   #48
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 14:24
I don't feel good enough after a single demo game to be in human vs human teams like this. I would much prefer the DG of old. I lost in my attempts at dissuading this new style.

I miss it, but I don't think I'm up to this.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old May 28, 2003, 07:02   #49
Static Universe
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
I don't feel good enough after a single demo game to be in human vs human teams like this. I would much prefer the DG of old. I lost in my attempts at dissuading this new style.

I miss it, but I don't think I'm up to this.
Join the Hive. Experience levels aren't playing a major factor there, and don't seem to be going in that direction either.
Old May 28, 2003, 07:51   #50
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 03:24
If you join the pirates you could help us with perfecting our plank walking expertise and our keel hauling ability. We need volunteers.

And you will also benefit from Googlies bank of 'unsurpassed wisdom' such as:

' ...a captured sealurk implanted with sam and nerve gas ability (in the design workshop) can take out coastal bases no bother'.

Our pirates are practising with their stun harpoons.
Old May 28, 2003, 07:54   #51
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
...a captured sealurk implanted with sam and nerve gas ability (in the design workshop) can take out coastal bases no bother.
OK, now we're very, very scared. (I didn't know this could be done)

-Jam
Old May 28, 2003, 09:26   #52
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Vev
I thought Hive was Utopia
You are right, Comrade Vev, as always. Post edited.

Grapefruit Garden
Old May 28, 2003, 09:27   #53
Googlie
Emperor

(I tried putting a sealurk in land fungus, figuring it might become a 4-tile slithering snake, but no such luck!!)
Old May 28, 2003, 12:53   #54
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:24
Quote:
(I didn't know this could be done)
It's been ages ago I tried, but I think, when in the production screen, if you press the "Unit Workshop" when you have a native lifeform selected, you actually see the unit in the workshop, while they normally don't appear there. I haven't yet been able though to give them special abilities. The game ignores that order IIRC.
Old May 28, 2003, 18:46   #55
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:24
Wow! bioengineered lifeforms. The things I learn everyday.
Old May 28, 2003, 19:53   #56
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 04:24
I think replacing the usual sealurk with this:
Code:
Sealurk,                Foil,     Psi,          Psi,        6, 6, 0, CentPsi,  4, 00000100000000000001100000
under #UNITS should give you a bioengineered & enhanced supersealurk.