Old May 26, 2003, 21:49   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Timely Turn Playing
It's now over 24 hours since PUT-2106 was hung on the turn posting thread.

Do we want a default whereby after 35 hors (or some such period) I play any recalcitrant faction's turn using the last decisions they made re moves?

G.
Old May 26, 2003, 22:10   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 02:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yes, but I'd say 48 hours. 24 is good as a general rule, but sometimes for some reason it may go over. I'd gve them some leway.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 26, 2003, 22:10   #3
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 21:25
Sounds fair, allows for timely turn playing without sacrificing too much for the offending factions.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old May 26, 2003, 22:13   #4
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 03:25
Archaic if he is the chief researcher posted recently that he was completing some important coursework ( we've been there) and all his game involvement was delayed.

I personally would give the PUT some latitude.
Old May 26, 2003, 22:15   #5
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

IIRC GT plays the turns ATM.

Old May 27, 2003, 05:30   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 13:25
We both play the turns, but last night I had quite a lot of homework of my own. I'll play the turn as soon as I get some other stuff cleared up...
Old May 27, 2003, 10:33   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'd go with Drogue, 48 hours, and I suggest that when that time expires Googlie simply opens the game and presses end turn, saves and sends it on. That should keep people moving, eh?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:13   #8
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Googlie simply opens the game and presses end turn, saves and sends it on.
-Jam
That's a bit draconian - no?

Most of the factions have scoped out their moves in advance, subject to pod-popping fine tuning, so I'd suggets just "following orders"

Of course, your suggestion would really spur things on - nobody wants to lose that vital turn advantage

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 11:16   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Exactly, Googlie. If leaving the turn for you to play has no disadvantages, then teams might do it more often. Losing a turn's movement (but not the production, obviously) would be a moderately bad penalty, but not crippling.

-Jam
Old May 27, 2003, 16:02   #10
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 04:25
Evil Hive (TM)
Old May 27, 2003, 16:17   #11
Drogue
staff

If there is a reason, as there usually is for us it seems, maybe that is a bit harsh. I mean, if one of us had an accident, or was taken ill, or was cut off, or something. Maybe after 36 hours the team is notified that someone else should play the turn, after 48 Googlie just plays it?

Old May 27, 2003, 16:47   #12
Static Universe
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 20:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
If there is a reason, as there usually is for us it seems, maybe that is a bit harsh. I mean, if one of us had an accident, or was taken ill, or was cut off, or something. Maybe after 36 hours the team is notified that someone else should play the turn, after 48 Googlie just plays it?
How about a compromise? Factions get two warning/notifications about playing the move late, then Googlie end the turn on the third late play and after. That should keep factions from getting into the habit of being late.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:51   #13
Googlie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Losing a turn's movement (but not the production, obviously) would be a moderately bad penalty, but not crippling.
-Jam
Right on !!

Completed Colony Pod just sitting idle in a base for a turn, scout standing admiring the nearby mindworm instead of attacking it, stockpiling energy for a turn, etc etc

Big incentive to play the turn.

I like D's and SU's suggestion:

24 hours - Normal turn rate
first warning
36 hours - abject excuses accepted (use wit and imagination, though)
second warning
48 hours - Googlie plays a "static" turn

Do we need a yes/no poll?

G.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:58   #14
Drogue
staff

Yes we need a poll (is it still old rules, constitution changes need 2/3 of the vote?)

Old May 28, 2003, 00:26   #15
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 20:25
Please post link when poll is made...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old May 28, 2003, 03:56   #16
Jamski
Deity

Here is the link to the poll as requested

-Jam