Old May 26, 2003, 23:19   #1
Blackheart
Settler

Local Time: 02:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Where To Find Alien Crossfire??!!
I recently just got back to playing AC for for about the third time. Yes, I play for a few months then stop, play again, then stop, and play again then stop. I have looked everywhere on the internet and it seems that Alien Crossfire is not available anywhere?! I haven't tried any game stores yet, but i checked the big ones like Best Buy and they don't have it. Does anyone know where I could buy it from? Or could someone possibly burn me a copy? I am desperate to play the additional factions in Alien Crossfire and am kicking myself in the ass for not buying it when it came out! Thanks for the help.
Old May 26, 2003, 23:42   #2
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
So far as I know smac-x for pc has been out of stock new everyway for moths. The only place to get it is aution sites like e-bay with bid prices for preowned but unopend foing form $66 to $120, I am not sure about used copies.
Smac-x for mac may still be in stock new someplaces.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old May 27, 2003, 11:33   #3
stonewall
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:25
The PC version is no longer being sold. You have to pick up a used copy somewhere, such as e-bay. Although they seem to be going for at least $40 +.

The Mac version is still being sold on the Firaxis website.
"Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Old May 28, 2003, 13:13   #4
Chaos Theory
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Gaians
Emperor

Local Time: 01:25
Or you can get a copy from someone, or an abandonware site.
Old May 28, 2003, 16:06   #5
VJ
King

What's EA's official opinion about the fact that HOTU gives away AX (which requires AC), does anyone know?
Old May 29, 2003, 12:13   #6
stonewall
GalCiv Apolyton Empire
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:25
I would assume that their official reply would be that it is copyrighted by them and any distribution is unauthorized and illegal. They would have to say that to protect all of their works. However, whether they are turning a blind eye to this or just do not know about it is unknown.

HOTU seems to be good about honoring any request by publishers to remove content from their site so I would assume EA has not made any requests. Again, whether that is because they don't care or don't know about it is unknown.
"Slander, lies, character assassination--these things are a threat to every single citizen everywhere in this country. And when even one American--who has done nothing wrong--is forced by fear to shut his mind and close his mouth, then all Americans are in peril" - Harry S. Truman, Address at the Dedication of the New Washington Headquarters of the American Legion, August 14, 1951

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
Old May 29, 2003, 13:47   #7
VJ
King

Quote:
HOTU seems to be good about honoring any request by publishers to remove content from their site so I would assume EA has not made any requests.
Ya, that's what I've been wondering about, too.