Old May 27, 2003, 02:34   #1
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Local Time: 21:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Graphics help
In my developing scenario, there are some areas which take place indoors. I finally have the walls and road basically done, but I'm having problems with them. As the attached picture shows, I have wooden plank graphics under the walls (which occupy the mountain slots). I have been using these because I have no clue as to what else I can use. I haven't been able to make anything that looks good against both the wooden floors and the road. Any help you can give me would be really...helpful.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	oopsie.gif
Views:	75
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	46178  
Old May 27, 2003, 04:18   #2
EZRhino
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 19:25
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Maybe tile of some sort?

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!
Old May 27, 2003, 10:25   #3
Mercator
Emperor

Local Time: 04:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Maybe something pavement like, grey, that is? I guess you'd always have one of the two sides looking a little off...

Alternatively, maybe you could put the indoors on a different map, and make the doors transporters.

Or, if you only have box-shaped buildings (no L-shapes or anything), you could try to use the wall graphics as in my attached sketch...
You actually use a double row of mountains on the bottom sides, which will allow you to always distinguish between what side is in and what side is out. The numbers refer to the connection tile used, see the top of the terrain2.bmp. The main problem would be with numbers 8 and 15 which are used in both the single-width and double-width wall. I'm not really sure whether that would even work, but if you think it's worth the try...

The screenshot looks very nice by the way.

Nice sig EZRhino... Carmina Burana
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	wall.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	46199  
Old May 27, 2003, 13:29   #4
EZRhino
Prince

Local Time: 19:25
Location: Sunset and the evening star And one clear call for me.
Thanks Mercator. Mr Oobir, what gfx uses the ocean terrain?

Edit: Oh I know, I would use checkered tile or something like that, then use some of the Terrain2 forrest terrain for things like carpet.and just paint those things on inside your buildings.

Edit: For thicker walls and underground areas you could
could make the ocen square totally black than you could use roads or RR to make up the walls gfx wise, by placing them on the ocean squares ala Favoured Flight's Moria.

Edit: Is this scenario going to be tot only?

Btw: I can see the anticipation for this scenario soon reaching mythical proportions.

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Last edited by EZRhino; May 27, 2003 at 15:15.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:07   #5
Mr. Oobir
Warlord

Local Time: 21:25
Thanks everyone, but I came up with a solution: I made the floor under the walls grayscale. Now, one side transitions smoothly into the other.

Quote:
Is this scenario going to be tot only?

Btw: I can see the anticipation for this scenario soon reaching mythical proportions.
Yes, it's for ToT only. Funny thing is, I decided to do this project rather than another because this one didn't require anything from Test of Time. I was wrong, however: It is currently a 4-map, lots-of-color monster.
Old May 27, 2003, 18:50   #6
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 20:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Oobir
Yes, it's for ToT only. Funny thing is, I decided to do this project rather than another because this one didn't require anything from Test of Time. I was wrong, however: It is currently a 4-map, lots-of-color monster.
Excellent! I'll look forward to it.

www.tecumseh.150m.com