Old May 27, 2003, 15:37   #1
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Athletics and Intelligence; Black and Whites
I notice this discussion has cropped up in a couple of threads, really off-topic. So might as well make a new thread.

Asian and white infants are born with bigger heads than black infants. Hence Asian and white women have a bigger pelvic girdle than do black women. A smaller pelvis, Rushton claimed, is better suited to running. Asians and whites are brainier, blacks more athletic.

Key contributions:

Big Crunch
Quote:
I understand where you are coming from, but there is a sweeping generalisation. If there is a gene to run fast it may not be available to all black men, it may just be within a sub-group, just like not all white men can have ginger hair, that is restricted pretty much to people of Irish/Scottish descent IIRC.
Drogue
Quote:
True, but it is all about fast twitch muscles, which is determined by genes, as to how fast you can possibly get. The point I made was written about on another thread (the 'Great Britian' one).

It is the most obvious difference, the skin colour, in denoting ethnicity, that is all I use it for. I am simply saying that different ethnicities, seem to have different talents, with regards to sport. The top 10 fastest 100 metre runners are all black IIRC. That is one of the few events that is not about training, as both black and white runners have access to the same training facilities. It's sad, I will never be as fast as the guy I train with, because of our respective genes. No matter how much training I get, I will never run a sub 10 second hundred (although I want to try to get close). It is not just about training, it is about genes. The absolute maximum speed someone can get is determined by genes. Thus, those with that kind of fast twitch muscles in their heritage will be able to run faster, and those people happen to be predominatly black.
Boddington's
Quote:
How many great black chess players are there?
Discuss.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:37   #2
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 19:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
This thread will be locked in 5, 4, 3...
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:40   #3
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 04:28
Of cource a thread about the racial superiority of the black man will be locked. It's a jewish conspiracy I tell you!
Old May 27, 2003, 15:40   #4
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 02:28
2, 1. . .
Old May 27, 2003, 15:42   #5
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 03:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
This thread will be locked in 5, 4, 3...
Why make the issue go underground and discussed in other threads?

So long as everyone is "racially sensitive" there's no problem here.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:46   #6
Kropotkin
Emperor

"racially sensitive", is that a new euphemism for "racial hygiene"?
Old May 27, 2003, 15:46   #7
MRT144
inmate
DiploGames
King

Local Time: 19:28
little hitler got unbanned?
Old May 27, 2003, 15:49   #8
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 22:28
Quote:
Asian and white infants are born with bigger heads than black infants. Hence Asian and white women have a bigger pelvic girdle than do black women. A smaller pelvis, Rushton claimed, is better suited to running. Asians and whites are brainier, blacks more athletic.
Oh, that's just absolutely****ingbrilliant, Bods.

Postia ante deletia.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:53   #9
Kropotkin
Emperor

Maybe I'll have a somewhat serious go on the head-size issue. As far as I know, there's no clear and obvious link between general intelligence and different sizes of brain, or weight. So I don't see what that has to do with anything. As I've stated earlier, prior attempts to get some "serious" science out of head-measurment has turned into nothing but crap.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:54   #10
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

I don't think it should be locked, we are not being racist. As I said many times, I think all ethnicities (I would not call them different races) should be treated equally, I just hope we haven't become so PC that we cannot admit that ethnicities have different strengths and weaknesses, and a general rule. You will not see a white man winning a major 100 metres sprint race, indeed, it is rare to see one in the final anymore. Also like the small Kenyan village that dominates the steeplechase. Genes play a big part in athletic success.

Edit: Here is an intersting (Canadian) source, about who wins what at athletics: http://www.jonentine.com/reviews/national_post_2001.htm

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 27, 2003, 15:56   #11
DaShi
Emperor

Then the blacks should run slower so the white men can catch up. It's only fair.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:57   #12
Kropotkin
Emperor

And white men should be dumber, oh no wait. There's already some around here doing their part to fix that.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:58   #13
DaShi
Emperor

Yeah, that's what we need. More dumb white people.
Old May 27, 2003, 15:59   #14
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

No they shouldn't. We should just accept that some run faster than others.

Kropotkin: Disregarding the head size issue. Since there has been no decent scientific, not any decent evidence whatsoever that I know of, for either measuring intelligence, or comparing ethnicities, I don't think we can comment if any group is more or less intelligent. As for athletic prowess, I think some things can be seen.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old May 27, 2003, 16:00   #15
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 21:28
Hmmmmm, Yep, typical bod racist troll.
Toast.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:00   #16
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 18:28
Actually, this subject could be discussed intelligently, without ignorant racial stereotypes and generalizations.

Unfortunately for the thread, it didn't get off to that kind of start.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:01   #17
MichaeltheGreat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Apolyton Grand Executioner

Local Time: 18:28
Tag-teamed.
Old May 27, 2003, 16:05   #18
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 21:28
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
Actually, this subject could be discussed intelligently, without ignorant racial stereotypes and generalizations.

Unfortunately for the thread, it didn't get off to that kind of start.
Yes, I actually paused for a minute to decide, but you're right, not on that kind of start.

Yes a good tag team.